• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

When half the fuel is gone I am gonna cut it with half oil n half diesel. So the last 150gallon of oil will be 300 gallon when blended. The first half will be 150 gallon oil with blended additives, gas n k-1 etc will be about 175 gallon. So my total fuel will be 475 gallon times 15 mpg is 7125 miles. I hope to get better than 15 mpg.

I wouldn't count on much better mileage, the winds out west will be blowing in your face once you get to TX. and pulling that trl won't help any either.... You might check along your trip for used oil at truck stops, ya might be able to get some free here & there......

What do you think you would need for the bed cover????

I traded with the farrier for a colt by my stallion based on him trimming n shoeing my trail riding horses n the cap plus $200 boot. We figured the cap at two hundred. If u want it u can get it without me here, the neigbors r watchin my horses n will be glad to help u with it.

I traded with the farrier for a colt by my stallion based on him trimming n shoeing my trail riding horses n the cap plus $200 boot. We figured the cap at two hundred. If u want it u can get it without me here, the neigbors r watchin my horses n will be glad to help u with it.

It's for a long bed right...... for 200$ consider it sold, I will wait till you get back home this fall and we will get together then.......

Thanks.......

I almost always consistently average 11.2 to 11.8 MPG when I pull my boat or RV.

When I pulled my 16 foot pipe top trailer with my Kawasaki Teryx I averaged 13 MPG.

I think the small hills around here kill my mileage. :thumbsup:

I hope to do better since I get 20 -24 empty. Thats the non turbo advantage empty. Might be a BIG disadvantage towing n hauling the camper. Gonna find out soon! LOL Rained most of the day, I got the trailer contents straped an immobile. Thats about it, gonna b nice weather tomorrow so I hope to get the camper on the truck n hooked up to the gray water tank n the shore battery wired up. Hope the camper tie downs I put in the bed pockets hold this thing. Then hook to the trailer and head out Thurs mornin........Thats the goal. Getting impatient, ready go see the USA!!!!

Hey Marty what kinda fuel pressures r u gettin with ur walbro and prefilter? What micron prefilter?

It runs 10 - 12 at idle.

It runs around 9 cruising.

It runs around 3 at wide open throttle.

I have only gotten below 3 twice. Both times pulling my camper up a grade. When it did, it only went to about 2.5 PSI. It also only did for a very short amount of time.

I just ordered the FTB fittings and a K47. I hope they both help my truck out. It struggles on hills.

What do u consider cruising? I have a tank sock issue n its agravating. I get about 10 at idle, n 5 at 55 mph n 3-4 at wot. But I get 7-8 at 55mph for a day or two after blowing air back thru the sock. Of course my fuel is unheated wvo blend. I wonder if the sock isnt stopped up so much as the thicker wvo just cant get thru the sock fast enough?

I don't really get to get on the freeway to get to work. It turns into a parking lot every morning and evening.

I take back roads and city streets to get to work. I stay the hell away from the freeway.

I will say wide open throttle would be to the floor or hard accelerating.

Cruising to me would be after I accelerate and hold a speed, what ever that speed will be.

You should pull the bed and rip the sock out since you have the pre-filter like me.

The bed is easy to get off and rotate to the side to get to the tank cover / opening.

I agree but gotta go on The Trip first. Maybe I find a TTS person to do it on the trip. Paveltolz said if its still bugging me he would help me fix it when I get to his house.

If you go through Oregon and head to Idaho you have a warm bed and hot shower here. Wife will make you gain a few pounds with her cooking too. I can get you a cheap tank of bio too. (I have a buddy that makes some of the best around) If you think you are coming this way let me know and I can get you all the info you'll need. Plus we are just off the main road that connects to I-84.

God be with you on your trip and may the skys stay blue.

John H

Bill, you're welcome here anytime you can make it, whenever and however. We got a nice level spot above the house with a clear view of the lake and valley below (where the avatar photo was taken). My phone hasn't changed so give a ring when you get close.
Hey Paul, give me a call when you get with your brother:skep:, I will meet you for lunch or something!

GOOD LUCK MY VEGGIE FRIEND AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP. I HOPE YOU TOOK OUT THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER BECAUSE WITH STRAIGHT VEGGIE OIL WILL PLUG UP AND LOOSE SOME POWER IF YOU DONT HAVE WATER METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEM INSTALED ON. IT DID ON MINE CHEV 6.5L .NO WORRIES IT WILL RUN PERFECT. IF YOU COME TO CANADA LET ME KNOW YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME. I WISHED TO DO THE SAME TRIP LIKE YOU:agreed: ONE PIECE OF ADVICE IF YOU HAVE SOME BAD OIL KEEP SOME MINERAL SPIRITS TO ADD TO THE TANK 20L OR 4GAL PER100L OR FILL UP TO CLEAN THE PUMP AND INJECTORS. WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF TROUBLE. ALL THE BEST AND A SAFE TRIP. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!:thumbsup:

Hey, If you make it to South Dakota, Let me know, you have whatever you need here! Fishing for catfish, and walleye, lunch, a place to stay, and don't worry about the brandy, I'll buy the beer! You can also hit the badlands, one of the most amazing sights on the face of the planet! I also have some homemade beer that'll do the trick! I hope you have the most awesome trip ever, and i figure those that get to sign the can will be some of the most fortunate! Let me know if you are coming this way, and I'll let my dad know, he is a fellow 6.2 lover, I just talked him into a 6.5. God bless on the trip and I hope you meet a ton of new friends!

Hey Paul, give me a call when you get with your brother:skep:, I will meet you for lunch or something!

I've got an abundance of garage space and am literally 1 minute off of i-15 in Utah. If you're going north or south through Utah you'll drive right by.

Feel free to stop by if you need a spell. I'm happy to offer my resources, even if it's friendly banter over lunch.

Bill, IMO I would avoid I10 from El Paso, TX to San Antonio, TX there isn't much out there and if you were to break down good luck trying to get help in between there. When do you plan on traveling through TX. I'm about 1 1/2hrs south of where DieselCash is located maybe we all can meet up. I will be in Austin from 6-10 June for a big Bike Rally.

Back