• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

Don u n the country but very close n convient to lots of city convience then!

Yup!!

Jefferson doesn't have much (bedroom town mostly), but they do have one lumberyard, one autoparts, one grocery store, and one stop light, for those times when you need something quick without driving all the way in to Albany.

Don

So heres the doctor visit update on the ongoing, nearly 9 months now foot rebuild. Surgeon was very pleased with the bone growth! The gap where he cut the joints out have bridge all the way across on all five toes!!!! He said its good even growth coming equally from both sides. Therefore he pulled the steel rods out, that leaves short steel cylinders in there forever with some screws also. The rods went thru the cylinders. I can now go outside on my Jazzy elec wheel chair and go to restaurants stores etc. plus I get to shower and wash the foot!!! Lady friend gonna love that fellows!!!! LOL So still not allowed to drive or walk without crutches and no weight on toes. No walking in the grass, only smooth flat har surface. If all continues this well he said 5-6 weeks and I will be all done! Oh I get to drive in 10 days but no trips or big towns. J

Oops wrong button. Just drive in country and the little small town down the road. They have a Mcdonalds!!!!! So The Lil 6.20 and I will be rolling next Sunday. Good thing I got her, he said no little cars where I could get my toes hung in thr pedals. I wear a speacial sandal looking shoe that has very open toes and a unbendable sole. Its held together with velcro. There you go my friends getting closer and closer!!!!!

Great news, Bill! Now the race is on: Which will happen first, Bill completely healed:D, or Paul gets the truck finally back together with all mods done and on the road:mad2:? My money's on Bill!:thumbsup:

Good news Bill!!!

I think I know exactly the kind of "shoe" you're talking about. It won't allow any ankle movement at all. I had to wear one for a while as an "experiment" for a Dr. It was uncomfortable for me as it jarred my back too much.

I know how good it feels when the Dr gives you a longer leash.

Don

This is one race I don't care to win. You first Bill. by all means, you first.
"People are more important than hardware."
SOF Truths.

Hello folks, so here is the update on the never ending foot surgery progress. Allowed to drive anywhere I want to now!!!! Yea!!!!! Doctor says walk with my orthotic shoes on but use crutches and take it easy, no hills, rough ground but can go around in yard. No digging ditches, planting garden. Go back in three weeks for x-ray n if all is good then be released!!!!!! Bones r nice n thick across all joints but need to learn how to walk again and get my balance back, my artificial leg plus walking with the real foot sideways for 10 weeks has me all messed up. Plus the toes and front of the foot has a lot of adhesions from not bending that have to be broken apart, he bent it back and forth and it sounded like potato chips crunching up. It hurts to wear shoes n bend it and it feels really like stuff is hanging up in there. No worries I will get it loosened up. When is Paul going to the salt flats? Thats the good news, now the bad. The Lil 6.2 has dead batteries, I charged them today n got her to start up but I am afraid the batteries r shot. Bet two of them cost a bunch! Also it keeps blowing a fuse, its a 20 amp intge top left hand corner. It is for the gauges and buzzer for sure and maybe other things? Is it supposed to be a 20 amp? Does it control anything else? Can I put a heavyer fuse in? Tge Lil 6.2 runs great tho, I drove it about 50 miles today, love to hear that diesel honk!!!!!

Back