• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

Afraid to haul the brandy. Its sorta illegal ! LOL Gonna b hard enough to explain all those jugs full of veggie oil if I get pulled over. By the way me n 300 gallons of used veggie oil smelling of fried chicken n burgers and the truck itself advertising fried foods just might not be a good idea in a drive thru safari, lions n tigers etc! LOL Josh can u see the headlines! Man and truck mauled at drive thru safari, EPA and FEMA also needed to clean up oil spill! Not good Josh just not good......Am gonna come c u tho, wanna see that big empty land. Lonedome Dove, Gus rode thru there, I wanna say I saw Nebraska!

wanna see that big empty land. Lonedome Dove, Gus rode thru there, I wanna say I saw Nebraska!
By the time you get 1/2 way across Nebraska you're gonna want to scream... 'I want OUT of this flat ass expanse of NOTHING!' You'll see the arch across the road that nobody stops to see though...;)
NEKEAarch1_neg2.jpg
If you're coming through the Chicago area Bill, I imagine a few of us might get a chance to meet you for an hour or so in an eve. Let us know when you expect to come through here if you are.

Hey Pepp u rock. Wonder about taking my rig thru a big place like New Orleans tho. How r the streets? Been in NY City with a horse trailer. Was not good. Made it tho. Though about dropping thd trailer outside big cities n then being a tourist.

Hey Mike gotta go to Chicago. The great lakes n The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgeral! Plus my ex girlfriends Mom lives in Chicago. Susan might visit her while I am there snd take me to the zoo, she says its the best! We have a big gettogether maybe. Lots u guys in the area?

Hey friends u know whats REALLY INCREDIBLE???? All u r making arrangements for me to visit or telling me bout cool things to go see and nobody I MEAN NOBODY has said a negative thing about my lil 6.2 with no turbo not being up to the job!!!!!! I tell u its a trubute to these trucks!!! You all just know my darling lil dually with over 300000 miles and running on experimental fuel is just plain old gonna be allright!!!! *YEE HAW THE TRUCK STOP ROCKS!!!!! I gotta quit messing with that ac n load her up n head out!

Hey Pepp u rock. Wonder about taking my rig thru a big place like New Orleans tho. How r the streets? Been in NY City with a horse trailer. Was not good. Made it tho. Though about dropping thd trailer outside big cities n then being a tourist.

A dually will make it...a trailer will be tight but doable...parking with that trailer presents a problem in itself though...if any of the parking lots will allow it they will surely charge you for it...I've seen some large motor homes parked in a few of them, don't know what the charge was for those...

the Omaha zoo is pretty nice from what I hear...I'd love to make the trip to Omaha if LSU makes it to the NCAA College World Series...it's a long series though and getting the time off to be there from start to finish would be a deal breaker for me...sucks to only get four or five days off at most...

If I had to pick one thing to do in N.O. it would be the D-Day Museum...

Yes I agree on the D-Day museum. I hae been told the USA flys our flag over a cementary in Normandy and the cementary is considered US soil because its drenched in American blood and held up with American bones!

Hmmm I only have a tablet, no printer or real digital skills. Anybody out there want to make up a sheet with the The Truck Stop logo etc and make it nice looking? I will carry it and anyone I meet with can sign it. If so pm me n I give u my mailing address. At the end I would of course frame it and put in my house but if any one wanted one for the archives here I could work something out. I would really like one of u digital people to take that on. U could mail it to Pepp, he n Tim will be the first I meet. Maybe several sheets n I get folks to sign mine and the Truck Stop one.

Thats way cool but I would not get a copy. Thinking tho.......how bout those 6.5 turbo things on yalls truck engines? How big is it and is it a cover or something big and heavy? Anybody want to donate a couple, one for me n one for TTS?

I think the traveling oil can should make the trip with you Bill...it's a tradition that goes way back...
It's.the original...and we'd be proud to have you take it on your journey...

You can get duplicate sigs for yourself on anything you'd like to put it on...

Well Pepp I am honored. I can pick the can up from u. I read the thread about it and its amazing that its been around and about like that! I dont think it will get here since I intend to leave as quick as possible but u have more time to get it. I dont have a time table and dont intend to get one started. If it cant get to u I am headed to Texas to see Deejaa n Burning Oil n a couple others. There is someone else in La. I habe to look it up.

I'm going to PM Mike(trouttrooper) to see if he can send it to me in time...if not, maybe he can send it to Leroy...do you have an idea about when you'll be passing through?

U definitely have ten days to two weeks,after that who knows. No telling what will sidetrack me. I will definitely get there before u leave. I really dont know of a lot to slow me down, just going to c the parent and then ruby mining then on to CAJUN COUNTRY!!!! "Shoot im Lizabeth"!!!! LOL of course New Orleans.

what is your estimated weight Orrum? I would not worry about pulling the rockies, as long as you do it early in the morning when it is cool out. the 6.2L shouldnt pump out too much heat vs. the 6.5L turbo. worse case, kick on the heater and drop the windows. if you fix the a/c, dont kick on the defrost, as that will run the compressor and increase air temp going through cooling stack.

you are welcome to drop in to the KS place or the idaho place, but gotta call first and ok it with grandma or mom (rulers of each location :D ) plenty of vintage AGCO equipment (Gleaner combines mainly, then allis, white, MM and oliver tractors.) to see, and plenty of dead and running 6.xL GM diesels to see. I will be at either location this summer, IDK the dates though, so you may not see me if you drop in.

if you are in utah, go and see bonneville. make sure and taste the salt for the full experience.

if you are in southern idaho, not far from the farm there, is Craters of the Moon national park. basically huge lava flow way back when. rock all over the place, in fact, NASA has played with rovers there before. lots of the lava flows are pretty cool. in fact, try and hit it in summer, the shoshone ice caves are cool, literally.

have fun!

Back