• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

Gmornin Paul! Hope all is well wit u n yours! Yes thats it,gonna pull out n drive straight to Fancy Gap on Rt 77. Possible the begginning and the end of the trip! LOL No I dont anticipate any problem, probable have to go across at 35 mph in the slow lane but I dont mind that as long as the engine temp behaves. Really want to pull out bad. Want to post when I leave with a pic of the rig, looks like a gypsy caravan with the burgandy truck n a camper with all that sickly yellow n orange trim! LOL I wanted to leave the first of May to avoid the heat down south in La n Tx n Az etc but its gonna be allright. I do have two rules tho that might interfere with leaving the 4th or 5th. I am not going to drive after dark or in the rain if at all possible. So if its raining I am gonna hunker down n wait it out. Camper is basically loaded with food, clothes etc, horse trailer is full of veggie oil n camping gear n my electric wheel chair. Truck has everything but the window screen over the grill. Gonna pull Fancy Gap without it n then put it on in Va at my parents. I have been told the love bugs will stop up the air flow in a hundred miles! One thing I wonder about is getting gas with no ethanol for the generator, we have stations that sell it here for lawnmowers, boats etc. do yall have it available? Looking forward to visiting with u n others on the trip, sorta gives it a direction and energy! Happy trails!!!!

I hate that I just saw this thread, I am just outside Spartanburg SC, we could have met up somewhere....

Have a great trip and keep us up to date !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks Trusty sub u r a life saver, I feel much better now that I have a way to find the type of gas I need. TTS rocks!!!!! Got a problem just ask on this site n someone will chime in n help u out!!!! Sctrailrider I been seeing ur posts n am gonna get up with u when I get back. We share the luv of old diesels n horses! Cowboy ride!!!!

So I had a surprise visit from Paveltolz, Paul, this afternoon! What a great guy, he flew in to Fort Bragg for business n called me n said he just got his rental car, a Ford truck, traitor!!!! Anyway he wanted to know if I was up for a visit n of course I said come on down!!! He saw the rig, he gets bonus points for not laughing at the color clash, he did laugh at my big gooseneck trailer tho because since his visit last year I painted it maroon n gray to match my truck....... With a paint brush n did not tape it off!!!! LOL Hey its a 1971 model, it looks great hooked to the GMC at a couple hundred yards n going past at 60 mph! Anybody wants I can paint ur truck for u when I visit during my trip!!!!! Have brush, will travel! Free no charge! Anyway he took some pics and is gonna post them here so yall can see my traveling gypsy show rig! Then we went to the local country general store for supper n he paid ! I like that kinda visit. Paul fit right n with the country crowd, he was talking with all the locals like he was raised right dowb the road. Hes got some redneck hillbilly swamp runner blood in him! Lookin forward to the pics Paul.

Update on departure date.......rained off n on all day on me. Six wet shirts n not much progress on leaving. Its ok tho because there is a surprise goodbye thing Wed nite so I gotta wait n leave Thurs mornin. Boy I hope I am gonna get to leave then, got the nervous twitches about this! I REALLY AM GONNA LEAVE SOON !!!!!!! Gotta get this thing loaded n hooked up n leave!!!!

Hey! Have a very safe and good trip there Bill!! I want to read updates from you as you travel through the states.

I like your rules of travel, no driving after dark. We went camping in the Metolius area over Memorial weekend. Driving over the mountains ended up in the dark AND rain for about 75 miles Thursday evening. I H8 wet crooked roads after dark with oncoming headlights blinding you and glaring off the road. To add to the misery, my high beam switch went out. Luckily I had low beams left. Can you imagine trying to switch to highs and getting BLACK!! No lights anywhere! That'll wake you up.

Let me know if you make it out this far. I'd like to meet you, maybe go to the Metolius area.

Don

Sure thing Don, glad ur rig pulled well for u! Gonna try to hit Oregon,have to c how the fuel and time works out. How cold in August? Cant be runnin a unheated veggie oil blend much below 60 degrees.

I love surprises and it was great to pull this one off.

I few happy snaps of Bill's set up...some assembly still required before he rolls.
Bill and the Caravan.jpg

The truck and small trailer which holds the fuel.
Transport.jpg
Fuel.jpg

The Big Trailer, He's not taking this one.
Big Trailer.jpg

Home sweet home
Home.jpg

Long bed cap for sale, make offer.
For Sale.jpg

Coke and a smile?
IMG_1598.jpg

Thanks for the time Bill, Happy Trails.
IMG_1597.jpg

I guess the next meeting will be in Utah. Drive safe.

Thanks for the pics Paul! I will figure out how to do this on my tablet so I can put pics of The Trip. Nvw be careful, very careful......I may come visit u n paint ur truck! LOL

G dam, You guy's separated at birth?:D
:haha:

:rof:Now that there was funny

Although the thought of using this smiley came to mind, :getout:
it was a great joke...

I hope you were joking...:skep:

I'll shut up.

:cheers2:

:RV

Its pourin rain and I cant work on loading the rig but am not depressed because Paul u n Nvw got me rolling on the floor laughing!!!!! I am retired I will git er done! LOLOLOL

Bill, I might be interested in the bed cap when you get back..... depends on the price, thinking about one for my travels without the horse trl.....

Sure thing Don, glad ur rig pulled well for u! Gonna try to hit Oregon,have to c how the fuel and time works out. How cold in August? Cant be runnin a unheated veggie oil blend much below 60 degrees.

August is usually the warmest month of the year for us here on the west side of the Cascades. The normal daytime temps will be anywhere from the upper 80s to the upper 90s and often with about a week in the low 100s. It always cools down at night. How far depends on the daytime temps, usually around the 50s.

Don

Ok its like new, my farrier got it on a new matching chevy truck from the dealership but it was too hard to get to everything so after a month or so he took it off n put it n the barn loft n it been there forever. Its nice n shiny with all the rubber like brand new. I get with u when I get back.

Your fuel supply is what my biggest concern would be. From coast to coast is a long way. If you don't make it this far I'm not going to sweat it, but if you do I want to meet up.

Don

Back