• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

Chief hope to catch u on the return side. Bernie I was a construction electrician during the remodel of the Quantico n Frederickburg Holiday Inn. Almost married a girl from Fred. That was a mistake ,shoulda kept that one. Will catch u next summer on the New England n Canads trip. Bftrain definitely be out ur way, thanks for the invite. 635 I b there, wasnt planning on Oregon but darn I gotta go cause a bunch of you have invited me n Handcannon is there n he was one of the first to try to help me n succeeded in getting me thru the ops mod n the snorkel mod. Don I b lookin forward to meeting u! Curt like u see I b headed ur way. L98tpi I got a lot of friends in Lynchburg, managed a Southern States store in Bedford n lived in Moneta, got a sister in Forest. See u when I visit them. U go to Brookneal high?

The machine shop got me so the first member with a drill press that could punch my holes out right would earn my eternal thanks, hey I will sing ur weddin! LOL

I have a small drill press in the back of my truck that you're welcome to use.

Radmeon I migh catch u on the final leg comin home. Built a couple holiday inns in wva. Lived in Bluefield for a few years, air conditooned city. Roelofs my lil 6.2 is tough but dont think she can do the backstroke! LOL 94turbo I cant do Canada, no passport but I am gonna get one n see yall next summer. Thanks for the travel info. Jamin6.5 I b gonna see u, lots of folks to visit in Utah! Home of my buddy Paul, Pavetolz!!!!! Hey Paul the "some assembly required is done!!!!!!

Hotdogs n burgers n great fellowship from the neighbors. I got homemade jelly n homemade bread out the wazoo! I jokingly said I need nothing but bread n jelly cause I bought 6 jars of peanut butter for The Trip n the lil ole gray haired ladies fixed me up!!!! Man that camper is way up in the air!!!! About 10.5 ft high, gonna be pushing a lot of air, that might be worse than the weight Paul. I just gotta go pull Fancy Gap in then I will be able to sleep. Worried that the ole girl might heat up, but hey if I am in the slow lane grinding it out up the mtn there wont be any wind resistance cause I be ctawling right!!! LOLOLO

Pic tomoro Paul, I email to u n u post plz. Guys my lil tablet has issues with posting pics. Or maybe I dont understand it but I am gonna get it figured out. In the meantime Paul has offer to round robin the pics onto the thread for me.

No was held up with rain this mornin n mechanical probs all afternoon so gotta do some errands tomoro but pullin out Fri morn. U still in Fayettenam? Safe flight pardner.

Hey this is a APB for a member named Just A Number. He was the first person to help me here on the forum. He talked me thru setting my TPS. I thought my tranny had blown up on the way home when I bought the truck, but he fixed me up n NO MONEY SPENT!!!! If u r still around I would like to meet u sir. Thanks!

You will have to wait for the next trip Bill, Just a Number is in Ontario.
Hey this is a APB for a member named Just A Number. He was the first person to help me here on the forum. He talked me thru setting my TPS. I thought my tranny had blown up on the way home when I bought the truck, but he fixed me up n NO MONEY SPENT!!!! If u r still around I would like to meet u sir. Thanks!

Thanks Nvw, thats a disapointment. I thought he lived out west somewhere. Wish I had a passlort so I could run into Canada just to say I was thrre!

Ok RI Silveradoman wants a agenda so here goes. North Carolina, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississipi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah. Now where r them mtns I really want to see from a distance and avoid???? Nevada, California, Oregon, where r those mtns I want to avoid now???? washington, Idaho, Montanna, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Ilinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina. Were did Colorado go?????? Gotta fix that!!!! Want to see Elk.

So I have ask Ben, Thankful, to give my truck n myself a prayer to start our journey. Departure is Fri. As the resident Sky Pilot here on The Truck Stop I hope he gives me a powerful one because them mtns scare me, yall spend a lot of time talking about " these trucks overheating" !

Bill, if you are able to get to Central Oregon I should be able to show you some elk. There is an elk ranch on the west side of the town of Sisters. Sisters is the eastern gateway to the Metolius area. Over Memorial weekend I went by the elk ranch and none were to be seen, so I hope they were just someplace where they couldn't be seen. This is the time of the year when they have very young calves.

Don

you're welcome to camp out w/us on 10 acres about a mile from Lake Livingston,Texas.I can discuss running wvo in my'95 6.5TD in K3500/4WD w/3500# Northland slide-in,on her back!

Ok RI Silveradoman wants a agenda so here goes. North Carolina, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississipi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah. Now where r them mtns I really want to see from a distance and avoid???? Nevada, California, Oregon, where r those mtns I want to avoid now???? washington, Idaho, Montanna, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Ilinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina. Were did Colorado go?????? Gotta fix that!!!! Want to see Elk.

You want to see mountains? I will put you on a road that is so crooked you will be able to tell if your brake lites are working!! Right Paul?? As you are leaving New Mexico, on I-10 turn off at Lordsburg on Highway 70 into Arizona, take Az 75 north at Duncan, Az and at Guthrie, Az take US 191 north, low clearence was 12.5 feet. This will take you over 9,000 feet and the scenery is spectacular and then some.

Show some pictures Paul!

From there north you will see amazing country into Utah, a little west on I-70 and then northwest on 191 coming out at Spanish Fork, stopping at Newspaper Rockon the way, it is like driving thru the bottom of the Grand Canyon and a short drive to Paul's house! Short compared to what you just did!!

Donner Pass in California, Oregon has some good pulls but depends on which way you go, Washington has Snoqualmie Pass, not real bad but long. Idaho has 4th of July and Lookout, Montana has a couple including Pipestone and that should be your last major climb. Either I-94 or I-90 will show you some wonderful coutry. But most of the rest is flat land or small rolling hills. Try the former major highways, lot more to see and more places for help, if needed.

Hey Jim, this is for you, and Bill.

Here are three maps of Oregon.

The first just gives a general idea of the topography. The darker the green the higher the elevation. White is the "low land", but not necessarily real flat.

The second gives a real good overview of the state and the major roads and highways, with some of the topographic features.

The third is a cropped version of the second map. On it I have marked the "Metolius Area", and "The Ol Homestead". The Ol Homestead is where I grew up and am now living, taking care of my mother. It consists of three acres of mostly fir trees. The majority of the trees are ones that were planted over the last 50+ years. It is just west of the junction of Interstate-5 (known as I-5) and Old Highway 99E, about two+ miles west of Jefferson.

The only way these map attachments were possible is because of the step by step, hands on help of my daughter. I'm not technology oriented and my two kids don't let me forget that either.

I'll make another post with a few pics of the Metolius area that were taken over our recent Memorial weekend camping trip.

Don

Attachments

• orcolor.jpg
    orcolor.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
  • oregon-map-highlighted-SHRUNK.JPG
    oregon-map-highlighted-SHRUNK.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 4
  • oregon-map-highlighted-CROPPED.jpg
    oregon-map-highlighted-CROPPED.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
if you come through st louis let me know i got a spare room if you aint afraid of a german shepard. im only 30 mins south of the city on 61/67 you can email me [email protected] or text/call 314 623 5561 tj

Back