• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

A trip to the hardware store for some aluminum extension tubes and longer screws and bolts should take care of that problem.

Getting a little bit closer...
20200326_182236.jpg
I forgot to put the horn back in, so the grill has to come back out one more time. I grabbed some LED marker lights thinking they should fit better with the intercooler, I was wrong. I ordered new TYC marker light housings from RockAuto to be modified to fit. I'll only use one bulb instead of the two. I didnt want to put the old oxidized housings back in with brand new headlight lenses. Lots of cutting and trimming on the lower valance, but it's in place. The only trimming for the grill was around the Spyder headlights to get them to fit better.

The battery relocation is done. I ran 00 cable between the positive terminals, and more 00 from the batteries to the power distribution under the hood. 2 gauge for starter and alternator, 4 gauge over to the fuse block.
20200403_175455.jpg

Both inner fenders are back in also. I kinda butchered the passenger side sheet metal. Cut the relief for the intercooler pipe way too big, but it will work for now. The driver side inner fender just needed some "massaging" from a ball peen hammer to clear the pipe.
20200403_175504.jpg
Light are in and functional, coolant being filled, just need to secure some things and it will be ready to fire.

We did a chinesevirusquarantine detail to our old c2500 burb,
Also did the upgraded idler arm and bracket,. Doesn't follow ruts on gravel rd so bad anymore,.
Need to do pitman arm next,.

Attachments

• 22737373-82DB-4459-A682-44D558307C49.jpeg
    22737373-82DB-4459-A682-44D558307C49.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 81A14D8E-C81B-4C8D-A1DB-BDD302505605.jpeg
    81A14D8E-C81B-4C8D-A1DB-BDD302505605.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 6
I have to say, it was a tad annoying to do the gmt400 idler and pitman. Then I learned about idler and pitman in a hummer. Plan on twice the price and twice as often on top of that... yeah...
I miss the one and done gmt400 fix on that!

Got that stimulus money yesterday.
Did the shamefaced thing and ordered the whicked wheel, turbo rebuild kit and the drain back kit from QS tuning.
Not knowing what the actual miles is that's on the engine and turbo in the truck, other than over 260,000 on the odo, figured I`d better do something about the seals in the turbo so decided I may as well try the wicked wheel and see what it does. The oil drain back also has a slight, very slight seep at the junction next to the plate on the bottom so went with the QS drain back kit too. Now, I just hope its not too terrible a thing to get to the bolts that holds the plate on. LOL
Cant really afford a new turbo setup so I guess this is the next best thing.

Good to see you back here. Seems like it’s been a while.

It has been awhile since I’ve been on here. Didn’t realize how long it has been since I had posted anything. I’ve been working on my mamas house, her lake house and doing some work at my house. Took the pontoon to the lake house and stayed there for 2 weeks working on the house in the mornings and evenings and pulling my daughters on the ski-biscuit during the hottest part of the day. We are trying to get the lake house where we can spend the summers up there like we did when I was a kid.

Have any of y’all seen this website before. No telling what shipping would be from Australia to America but if somebody wanted a easy way to twin turbo a 6.5 or 6.2 this would do it.
I suspect those down under needed that because their steering wheels are on the passenger side so no room when shoe horn-ing a GM 6.2/6.5 turbo into their rigs.....dewars has a good rep down under.

Back