• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Not on the 2000 K3500 but rather My cousins 2002 K2500 Duramax, changed oil and filter, after removing the hydraulic manual pump up jacks from all four corners of the 10 foot over head camper and straightening the tubes, they were not bent TOO BAD LOL but some of them was Definetely visibly misfits. Got those all into a proper working condition so he can now get it listed for sale. Just the camper, he needs the truck to pull the trailer camper He just bought. LOL

Are you still there across the lake from Provo? We’re headed down to SoCal this weekend. I’ll return the following weekend with the Burb, if I can clear/fix codes my sister showed me in a texted pic.
Yup. We're still here. I'll be home that so feel free to swing on by. Didn't move, probably won't...long story.

Lost the clutch on Friday and had to drop it off to get replaced since I don't currently have the place or equipment to pull the trans.

HD still had the original dual mass flywheel which fell apart and the clutch pressure plate was done. Input shaft will need replacement later due to wear at the pilot bearing but was cleaned up enough for now to work

Was this after all of your master/slave cylinder issues, or are we talking a different truck? Either way, that sucks!

Currently only have 1 road worthy truck, the HD. It's getting all new clutch parts. The hydraulics failed again not long after I got to Dallas last week.

Original dual mass flywheel after 157k miles, done. Can move both sections by hand and the bearings are visible/showing wear. Clutch still has a fair amount of material but the pressure plate springs failed. As found out today though when I went to pick up the truck, something is wrong with the clutch fork/pivot. Step on the pedal and it changes feel about half way down, and doesn't disengage the clutch. Been staying at a friends house since last thursday when this happened and had him drop me off at my place tonight (monday) since the trans has to be pulled back out for the clutch fork/pivot replacement. Gonna be a few more days till I get the truck back.

Got the K3500 into the garage before the sun could strike it hot. Steel was nice and cool.
Commenced to pull the turbo, got that removed without a hitch, got the turbo oil drain pipe removed from the block adaptor, now, going to cut off the steel drain back pipe and get it out of the way, install the Quadstar Tuning drain back block adaptor, dismantle the turbo and install the OH kit into it, along with the Wicked Wheel compressor turbine. LOL
I hope it then will make enough noise so I can hear the thing spool. LOL I dont give a crap about power as long as I can hear that turbo. Bwahaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaa. LOL

Back