• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

You couldn't clock the compressor outlet housing from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock so it was pointing down, and then mandrel bend the angle to match to the outlet and a couple of silicone flex connectors from the IC inlet to the bend and the turbo outlet to the bend? That's the way the ones I've seen have been.

No, the way it sits that oil drain tube is in the way. I just ordered a longer flex tube, so I'll cut the hard tube down and route the new hose around so I can clock the compressor outlet down. I'm kicking myself for getting rid of the front exit compressor cover I had.

Got my other GMT400 put back together and running. It's a 1990 K2500 with a 383 and NV4500. I converted the stock TBI system to a Fitech 400 hp unit, Edelbrock Performer AirGap intake, and HEI distributor. It has had a wicked exhaust leak ever since the crate engine was installed (come to find out the shop that did the install didn't use exhaust manifold gaskets and the passenger side donut gasket was creased under the Y pipe). I pulled out the manifolds and stock Y pipe, reinstalled with new gaskets and a Jegs offroad Y pipe without the catalytic converter, now no more exhaust smell making you sick in the cab, the AFRs look much better, and it's not puking raw fuel out the tailpipe. The Fitech has been vapor locking and running like poo during cold idle also, so I threw on a 2" aluminum Speedmaster style tapered spacer and insulated the fuel supply and return hoses. Holy crap this truck hasn't ran this well since I have owned it. Took it for a ride around the back roads and it drove really well. Unfortunately, due to my own dumb luck, I can't register and drive it legally until June. I'll probably swap plates with my 6.5L truck for quick trips while it's laid up.

Sounds good on the way the truck runs, dont sound so good on switching plates. I once, when quite young and dumb, got busted for fictitious plates. Along with that was no current registration and no current license plates. it was not a fun ordeal. LOL

Up here the DMV usually sends out the registration paperwork to fill out. Well for some reason they stopped sending it on my work van. Drove it for a year and a half unregistered before I realized it. My wife usually handles most of the paperwork stuff, and with them not sending it fell in between the cracks. Don't really drive it much though.

Got the 25" old drain tube yesterday, but it's been raining so hasn't made it's way on yet. Got the beads rolled in the intercooler tubes, so they just need to be plumbed and clamped. I redid the inlet side by clocking the compressor outlet straight down, two 45 degree bends, and in to the intercooler. Mucho better.
20200316_171144.jpg
It's been raining again today, so that's all I've done. Spent most of the morning poking around the house for gas leaks and foundation cracks after the earthquake. Everything seems fine so far so I think we got lucky.

@Chewy1576 So, you did wind up clocking the outlet downward. See, didn't that make the IC inlet piping routing so much easier?

Earthquake? Richter scale intensity? Your distance from epicenter and its/your location, which isn't in your signature. I assume somewhere in SoCal?

@Chewy1576 So, you did wind up clocking the outlet downward. See, didn't that make the IC inlet piping routing so much easier?

Earthquake? Richter scale intensity? Your distance from epicenter and its/your location, which isn't in your signature. I assume somewhere in SoCal?

Yes, much much easier, and it will flow a lot better.

This one was a 5.7 near Magna, UT, just outside of SLC and a few miles from SLC Int Airport. Strongest one we have had in almost 30 years. I live about 35 miles north of the epicenter just outside of Ogden.

I'm familiar with the area. Geology was one of my Majors in college. That whole area is just chock full of slip and thrust faults throughout the Wasatch Mountain Range.

Yep, exactly. I have been hearing since grade school we are overdue for a 7+ intensity quake here. Lots of chatter about that after this last one.

The intercooler install is done. Pipes are clamped down and the new oil drain tube fits perfectly. The ID of the pipe on the block for the drain tube needed to be 7/8" for a good tight fit. Luckily I had a step drill with that as the max diameter, that made quick work of it. Now just to finish battery relocation and cables, and modify everything in the grille to fit around the intercooler. Headlights are done already though.
20200319_164932.jpg20200319_164854.jpg20200319_164944.jpg20200319_170239.jpg

Back