• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

@Big T
I bet it was my 4th oil change before I knew there was a tool for it. Layin in the dirt and rocks in a trailer park, thats just how folks made things happen. When my Dad saw me analyzing 2 of his screwdrivers and he knew I was doing an oil change on my older brother’s rig - he piped up- “Whoa, boy. What are you doing, and don’t tell me you are gonna smack that screwdriver through the filter to remove it.” I said “Dad, i’m 8. I’m not strong enough to just grab the filter and twist it off like you adults do.” 3 minutes later when he quit laughing, he handed me his filter wrench.

@93detroit. NICE!

@Big T
I bet it was my 4th oil change before I knew there was a tool for it. Layin in the dirt and rocks in a trailer park, thats just how folks made things happen. When my Dad saw me analyzing 2 of his screwdrivers and he knew I was doing an oil change on my older brother’s rig - he piped up- “Whoa, boy. What are you doing, and don’t tell me you are gonna smack that screwdriver through the filter to remove it.” I said “Dad, i’m 8. I’m not strong enough to just grab the filter and twist it off like you adults do.” 3 minutes later when he quit laughing, he handed me his filter wrench.

@93detroit. NICE!

My hand that was strongk enough to spin it on, was not strongk enough to undo it :-(

Years ago, when I was young and dumber than now. I was going to change oil on my car. I could not get the OF to unscrew from the mounting. Someone suggested driving a screwing driver through it, I did, boy was that ever dumb. 😹😹😹😹

Got enough wires strung to mount three gauges to the top of the dash.
Run power, ground and lights wire from the pillar pod.
Going to just velcroe the three gauge pod to the top of the dashboard.
So far, the only gauge I have purchased is the RR cylinder head temp gauge.
I’ve been looking for an electronical vacuum boost gauge to use for fuel pressure, them things is sort of a spendy unit.

Any suggestions for this stuff?IMG_20210703_135355829.jpg

Sorry fellas, I chickened out today and left the stock nose cone on the pump. I want to get the AirDog up and running first, then I'll yank the intake and top injector lines.IMG_20210703_135221448.jpg

Just have to deal with this mess yet!IMG_20210703_135456123_HDR.jpg

Oh yeah. Filled the cooling system on the truck. Wait to start lamp was acting up a little, as usual after having batts disconnected.
Twisted the key, surprised the crap out of Me how fast it cranked and how quick it started.
Guess them battery cables wasnt as clean as they appeared. 🤷‍♂️😹

Went to walmart. Got the last five gallons of Rotella T oil they had. T-5 is all. Figure I’ll go through that this summer then maybe by fall there will be some T-6 available in town. Almost $100.00 for oil. I guess thats cheap for whut it duz. 👍😹

Went to walmart. Got the last five gallons of Rotella T oil they had. T-5 is all. Figure I’ll go through that this summer then maybe by fall there will be some T-6 available in town. Almost $100.00 for oil. I guess thats cheap for whut it duz. 👍😹

Our Walmarts have pretty bare shelves for oil. I need to do a transmission flush on my wife’s 4Runner and been ordering Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF for $17.97 a gallon from Walmart with free delivery, but they limit you to two. So I did two separate orders. Tranny flush next weekend.

This morning did and oil change on the 4Runner. It’s a 2014 and has 260.5K miles on it, all trouble free and no sign of any issues. As part of the job I changed how the TRD front skid plate mounts. Originally it was mounted using bolts and that was a PITA. Now I ran bolts from the back side of the frame in the back, locked in place with nuts. In the front I ran bolts with the heads cut off into the frame and locked into place with blue Permatex. Now the skid plate just lifts up onto studs and I quickly throw washers and nylock nuts on, instead of trying to hunt for threads with the old bolts.

IMG_20210703_200743483.jpg
All wired and ready to go! However, this was an outside job (barn's full), and we've had weird weather all day, 20 minutes of rain, 20 minutes of sun. It's raining now, so I'm not crawling back under the truck to fill the filters. Tomorrow!

Our Walmarts have pretty bare shelves for oil. I need to do a transmission flush on my wife’s 4Runner and been ordering Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF for $17.97 a gallon from Walmart with free delivery, but they limit you to two. So I did two separate orders. Tranny flush next weekend.

This morning did and oil change on the 4Runner. It’s a 2014 and has 260.5K miles on it, all trouble free and no sign of any issues. As part of the job I changed how the TRD front skid plate mounts. Originally it was mounted using bolts and that was a PITA. Now I ran bolts from the back side of the frame in the back, locked in place with nuts. In the front I ran bolts with the heads cut off into the frame and locked into place with blue Permatex. Now the skid plate just lifts up onto studs and I quickly throw washers and nylock nuts on, instead of trying to hunt for threads with the old bolts.

Probably the best technical mod I’ve seen in that forum. Most of the guys there take their trucks to the dealer while they go and get a manicure.

Back