• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Still took me longer than I thought it should have. I had over 4 hours in it until I was done fussing with stuff. Had to make two runs (one to my dad's and one to my father-in-law's to retrieve some of my tools that are involved in other projects)! Good thing they're close by!

Wait until you're older and it becomes a case of "Where did I just set down that tool 10 minutes ago?" and spend 25 minutes looking for it! I'm still trying to find my Estwing 22oz framing hammer I uses 2 months ago on a project, that's normally in the hammer loop on the tool belt, but I can't remember where I left it after I was done with the project. I know something sidetracked me, but I'll be damned if I can remember where I set it down/left it at and I've looked damn near everywhere and backtracked a dozen times at least!

Wait until you're older and it becomes a case of "Where did I just set down that tool 10 minutes ago?" and spend 25 minutes looking for it! I'm still trying to find my Estwing 22oz framing hammer I uses 2 months ago on a project, that's normally in the hammer loop on the tool belt, but I can't remember where I left it after I was done with the project. I know something sidetracked me, but I'll be damned if I can remember where I set it down/left it at and I've looked damn near everywhere and backtracked a dozen times at least!
Yup. The son needed to do some welding on a trailer, brings trailer i er to here. About two weeks later I notice the welding hood is not setting atop of the welder. I look around and dont see it. I asked the son if it was in the back of his truck, nope. Look for it, cant find it. Thinking I must have loaned it out and dont remember to who. Several days later, there is the welding hood, hanging on the peg board almost directly behind where the welder sets. 😹😹😹

Been there and done that...

Changed the lift pump AGAIN. Put in a ac Delco one...had a Delphi in it..one day I'll upgrade to the better pumps. Got both brands under warranty so it came down to which one they had in stock...loaded a bunch of debris on it from taking roof off the shed..if time and weather allows, tomorrow I'm going to try changing the lower control arm pitman arm and ideler arm..never done any of that before, but doesn't look tooooo, difficult..2wheel drive so control arm should be easy( I think)...

Forgot to add I changed the pump because it was leaking...kinda weird, fuel was coming out from where the wires come out of the pump...never Saw that before

Not my GMT-400 K2500 Suburban, but my wife’s 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5. Trouble shooting DTC P2443 Secondary Air injection Valve Bank 2 Stuck Closed. This part allows fresh air to be pumped in on cold start ups to clean up the exhaust. There’s a valve on each bank of the V6 engine. Intermittent code throwing after changing the spark plugs at 260K miles. During that procedure had to remove the air valve from its mounting points and lay it on top of the intake manifold. Trouble shooting says to first inspect the plug terminal on the valve for bent pins. They were fine, but while flipping it over I heard a piece rattling inside. So I split it open and a piece of spring steel fell out and it clearly had broken off. Think I found my problem. $341 worth of parts on order and arriving Tuesday.
072EF300-2C84-4B99-880E-ABEFF3FB2C4E.jpeg9E557D4B-1DBD-4C60-A5F9-F9D5E8D42EC4.jpeg

Attachments

• 2D2E8F8B-B0BA-4400-9A46-5691E746B427.jpeg
    2D2E8F8B-B0BA-4400-9A46-5691E746B427.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 0
I took further disassembled that Toyota air valve. The two screws sheared off as the ends were mushroomed to prevent removal. Found exactly where that plate broke off. Although we have a paid for valve on order from Toyota, I bet I could rework this by scavenging parts from a used one.

0573144E-B648-4DBF-95EF-E01C2C8DCDD0.jpegE1CC6D7E-AE36-48FD-8D5D-FBF5374CFEF5.jpeg286C6A33-B60D-4288-B91D-92C1ECBF9CFB.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C4E45CA-EBFC-4A24-BD20-AFEFF571B48E.jpeg
    7C4E45CA-EBFC-4A24-BD20-AFEFF571B48E.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • A4CE1DC6-BDD6-4F0C-95C2-2356CD5F5B82.jpeg
    A4CE1DC6-BDD6-4F0C-95C2-2356CD5F5B82.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
Back