• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Reviews

Bernie, pretty low PSI if you are near max GVWR. IMO I would run them at at least 65, since they are rated for 80 (unless you bought LR D)
I've considered bumping them up to 60-65, since the truck is right at its GVWR (weighed it a week ago at the dump and it's 9,950 and rated for 10,000) but the ride is already a bit harsh. I may still do it when I take it in for a rotate and balance next week. And yes, these are LR E, not the D the factory recommends. I went to the E range as soon as I bought the truck, due to the weight it carries.

I'm on my 7th or 8th set of BFG AT ko tires since 2001. All have been D range and all have given me good wear and lasted at least 65k to as much as 75k plus a little. Until now. This set is at about 37ish and no way am I gonna even see 55k. I talked to my tire guy and he agreed with me because I'm not the only regular high miles customer he's heard from. I noticed pretty soon after I bought them that they reacted differently to cleaning and detailing products. The compound has obviously changed. He says there's a new replacement for these being released in November. NOT too pleased since it runs a grand every time and that's usually every other year. These are from last October. :mad2:

Sent from my SCH-I535

Just put 285 55 R20 load E Hankook RF10's on my wife's truck. Will post some pics and thread depth example later. Hoping for 50k at least.

source unknown

I'm on my 7th or 8th set of BFG AT ko tires since 2001. All have been D range and all have given me good wear and lasted at least 65k to as much as 75k plus a little. Until now. This set is at about 37ish and no way am I gonna even see 55k. I talked to my tire guy and he agreed with me because I'm not the only regular high miles customer he's heard from. I noticed pretty soon after I bought them that they reacted differently to cleaning and detailing products. The compound has obviously changed. He says there's a new replacement for these being released in November. NOT too pleased since it runs a grand every time and that's usually every other year. These are from last October. :mad2:

Sent from my SCH-I535

Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope you give BFG corporate an earfull and that you told all your friends, on your international truck Forums, how unhappy you are. I won't even give them a chance and I ran BFG AT for a lot of years.

Just rotated my tires on my lbz for winter (twice/yr at best) and found some bad news... My 2 Mickey Thompson ATZ 305/55R20 tires w/ 85k miles need replaced. Started rolling them to the rear and noticed one doesn't roll true and the other is close to the wires.

I was hopping they would last until I was ready for the dually swap but no such luck. Will post pics of the old slicks when They come off.

Old ATZ's w/ 88k miles on them. Didn't get good pics of the bad spot w/ cords showing on both tires but both had a 6" long thin spot.

f93392cd9111794d7795c72ea571b07d.jpg

bc852e55aad70546b06edd8aac5b0f47.jpg

New Cooper S/T Maxx 305/55 R20 w/ 3 ply armor tech side walls.

cd8c6343e2b185bec3900f7e7608b5d2.jpg

c6e7a5f2da3d3e55ddcf2cbb129b729d.jpg

I need to find a pic to compare these to the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's I have up front. They look almost identical except for the center tread.

Nothing wrong with 85K on a set of tires. You got your money's worth and more. I like the new tires as well. ;)

I have about 80K on my General Grabber HTS tires. They need replacing very soon.

I only got 44K on my OEM Bridgestone tires.

Last edited:
The ATZ P3's have nearly 40k on them. Just saw a pic that I put them on at 221k, currently have 258k. They have 50% tread compared to the new Coopers.

My dad has AT3's they look good IMO. They were my #2 option but I actually got the s/t maxx's for $15 less per tire than at3 listed prices so I couldn't say no. More aggressive tires typically cost more.

The at3's are quiet and smooth considering he keeps all 4 aired to 80-85psi at all times.

Cooper is made in USA too

I saw a new F150 truck with Pirelli ATR tires. They look real sharp, but I have to research them some more. But I don't think they are E rated.

I just bought Cooper HT3s in 235/85/16. Only a few weeks ago but I like them so far. The old tires had lots of tread, but were over 7 years old so I got new ones because I have a camper in the back now. The camper and tires maiden voyage was great. We went camping at a state park close to us called Brazos Bend. The tires are very quite, look great and made in USA went along way toward the purchase.

DSCF1726.JPG

So I thought I'd start a tire review thread. Please don't talk about tires you wish you had, etc. Just what you have, Pros/Cons, etc.

I'll start:

Firestone Transforce A/T 265/75R16 LR E. Good off-road traction, quiet, handle well, good tread pattern, but they are wearing fairly quickly, especially on the rear. I need to rotate them, but are still going to quick. They have 10k on them, and I'm expecting another 30-40k on them.

On a scale with 1 being the worst tire ever (loud, rides like a brick) and 10 being the best (quiet, soft, and great traction), I'd give these a solid 7.5. Not spectacular, but very good for a LR E truck tire.

Next!!

What air pressure are you running?

We have 20,000 miles on the exact same tire with 80 lbs.on our 1996 Suburban. They seem to be wearing extremely well.

What air pressure are you running?

We have 20,000 miles on the exact same tire with 80 lbs.on our 1996 Suburban. They seem to be wearing extremely well.
Yikes. 80 pounds? How are the fillings in your teeth? I run 60 lbs all the way around in my 265x75x16 E rated tires. Any more than that, the ride suffers. Unloaded of course.

How much do the Cooper S/T Maxx LT 265/75R16 Load Range E cost out the door, Mounted & balanced?

The Firestone Transforce A/T 265/75R16 LR E are about $800 per set. Where is the best place to buy them?

I know 245/70R17 at3's were 750 not sure on the s/t maxx, never gotten that small yet.

The 2 I got were 775 out the door but they were 20's and I felt like I got a great deal lol

Back