• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Reviews

My neighbor ran them on his f250, he said he liked them and recommended them to me. He just replaced them with the same tire last month with around 35,000 on them. If you deflate for traction off road careful of the rim protectors popping of he bead.

I bought some used goodyear tires of CL my nephew also had a couple laying around. so far I've been unable to wear them out. had 3 come apart so far. not a happy camper

Last post about new tires I swear...
attachment.php

attachment.php

=Ouch.
attachment.php

IMAG0048.jpgIMAG0050.jpgIMAG0049.jpg

grady i have great luck with the ATR previose to the AT3s i have a set on my 75 squarebody chevy... love them... i might be puthing them on my 07 onces the transforce wear out

Im back to Michelins now. Ill explain more tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I remembered haha.

Had one of my treadwright tires develop a bubble in the tread...separating from the casing. 2 weeks later at multiple attempts to contact them and they won't reply. Officially on my shit list now. I only had 17,000 miles on them and a ton of tread left.

Short and sweet on the change back to Michelin LTX AT2's.

Cost per mile, through our account with Michelin we can get them very cheap and they wear like freakin iron. Our complaints with them used to be snow traction. Now we run dedicated snow tires (Winterforce LT and Blizzak W965's) on our trucks in the winter so that is a moot point. The off road traction suffers some, but the few times we would benefit from a little more grip does not outweigh the significant cost savings for the long wear life and lower upfront cost than the Dueler 695s we used to run.

To those buying Michelin LTX AT2's, make sure you look at the sizes closely. The OEM sizes are are different tread pattern and come with 2/32 less tread.

The Coopers are gone after less than a week due to a bad few tires. Replaced them with LTX AT2's since there are so few choices in tires this size. Not happy.

Hankook rf10 has a 285/55 r20 those might be shorter than what you have but maybe there are more sizes.

Firestone transforce now has 20s too.

Always had good luck with gdyr silent armor in 18s.

Cooper makes Mickey Thompsons and those have always been good.

My least favorite brand, nito, has a duragrappler ht in 20

Source Unknown

Firestone transforce wouldnt ever make it to 20k for us. Traction sucked too. 695 Duelers would go 30k and better traction. The OEM LTX AT2s on our 2011 went 50k, im interested to see how far tge deep tread ones go or if they are possibly a softer compound. Tractiom seems better with the DT version.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Well crap I just noticed one of my atz Mickey Thompsons have a bulge in tread. They are just over a year old w/ bout 35k on them, I will be contacting Mickey Thompson. Until then I have some used mtz's to run.

ge9apume.jpg

Source Unknown

So I thought I'd start a tire review thread. Please don't talk about tires you wish you had, etc. Just what you have, Pros/Cons, etc.

I'll start:

Firestone Transforce A/T 265/75R16 LR E. Good off-road traction, quiet, handle well, good tread pattern, but they are wearing fairly quickly, especially on the rear. I need to rotate them, but are still going to quick. They have 10k on them, and I'm expecting another 30-40k on them.

On a scale with 1 being the worst tire ever (loud, rides like a brick) and 10 being the best (quiet, soft, and great traction), I'd give these a solid 7.5. Not spectacular, but very good for a LR E truck tire.

Next!!
I just switched to these back in December after getting barely 30K on a set of B.F. Goodrich Commercial T/A Tractions. I liked the BFGs, and they got me into and back out of some places a 5 ton utility truck should never be expected to go (up some washed out "4x4 Only" fire roads in the Shenandoah National Forest to set up a radio network for a 500 mile motorcycle race on top of a mountain peak would be a good example), but they wore extremely fast, even with regular rotation (every other oil change). I'm hoping that the Firestones last a lot longer than that. I also was hoping for better fuel mileage, but that just seems to be getting worse instead of better. The truck used to get 11-12 mpg, which had dropped down to about 9.5 just before changing the tires. I found out when I changed them that my tire gauge had been reading wrong and I was running 10 psi under what I thought I was (45 vs the 55 that the gauge was showing), but mileage has not improved at all with the Firestones (just filled up and I'm down to 8.8, but I pushed the truck pretty hard at high speeds over the weekend) and may be getting worse. Not sure what's causing that but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open.

Aside from the mileage so far the Firestones are doing quite well. They handled the little bit of snow we got last week with no problems, they run quiet and smooth and corner fine.

Original, as far as I know, so 15 years. (But only 105k miles.) Not saying they don't need changing but there's been no change to the truck's performance, just fuel mileage.

Wrong thread for this discussion though.

Injectors replaced a month ago, still only getting 10 mpg and that's got me wondering if the rolling resistance on these could possibly be causing it. I really can't see it though. The B.F. Goodrich's had a much more aggressive tread design than these do. These are closer to an all-season highway tread, so I'd expect the rolling resistance to be much less. Which means something else is causing my 1.5 mpg drop.

My old B.F. Goodrich Commercial T/A Traction on the left below, and my new Firestone Transforce A/T on the right:

bfg_comm_ta_trac_ci2_l.jpg fs_transforce_at_ci2_l.jpg

Bernie, pretty low PSI if you are near max GVWR. IMO I would run them at at least 65, since they are rated for 80 (unless you bought LR D)

On topic, I bought a set of GMT900 alloys (early GMT900, still 8x6.5) with some Nitto Terra Grapplers on them. being used tires, my review wont be too accurate, but if one blows out I will let everyone know. ;)

Back