• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Reviews

i put RM170 225/70/19.5(13k on them) on the front of my hotshot and RM253(less then 3k) same size load F on the rear cooper made tires
i have just put a pair of 315/70/17 AT3 on my 75

I got about 44K out of my OEM Bridgestone Duravis. They had plenty of tread left, but the sidewalls were completely dry rotted and cracked. I currently run General Grabber HTS and have 49K on them. I will probably replace them next summer. They have been quiet and provided good traction and mpg's, but were a little bit difficult on the balancing end. I am still not sure what I will replace them with. I rotate my tires every 6 months.

got a set of 05 PYo alloys that came with these, wearing great, even with the shot front end on my 95 service truck. after the dryrot comment though, I might be treating them with some sort of tire shine that isnt harmful.

Firestone Transforce HT

getting along fine, although not many 1,000s of miles on them.

made in canada, and a nice closed shoulder, so I expect many miles from them. I am also running balance beads, and so far, so good. plus the rims look better with no weights!

Firestone Transforce HT

getting along fine, although not many 1,000s of miles on them.

made in canada, and a nice closed shoulder, so I expect many miles from them. I am also running balance beads, and so far, so good. plus the rims look better with no weights!

I was looking at these also for my next set. They look nice and are supposed to be quiet with good mpg's.

i have Copper AT3's 305/70R16 load range E on my wifes truck they were on my 06 1500HD till i got ride of it. they are really good tires. they are not to bad on price as they are under $200 per tire. theis tires are very quite have good handleing and pretty good traction off road. the best part about theis tires is that they are one of the few AT tires that have a warranty(55000 mile to be exact). they look good and ride good would rate them a 8.5 just because for an AT tire they could have better traction off road.

Thought id give a review of my 285/75/r16 treadwright mud terrains,
Lets face it paying $1k for a new set of tires sucks, i had these shipped to my door on a skid
For $550.00 and i really cannot complain they are great in snow/mud and i drive 80mi a day
To work and back. Currently im getting around 17.5mpg (as long as i dont have to make a fool
Of anyone on the way) ive currently got around 40k miles on this set and about 50% tread left
And im not exactly rotating them as much as i should. I suppose if there was something i had to
Gripe about it would be the noise, i know im gunna have it with mud terrains but they are much louder
Than the bfg's, doesnt bother me as long as my radio works. Any how i would recommend these if your
Getting tired of unloading your bank account for new tires as i was.

on the 1993: Cooper SRM radial II commercial tire - 30K of service with towing heavy. Good stiff tire and wore evenly. Not happy with the life as the OEM Bridgestone Duravis and Michelin tires lasted near 50K on the 2008 duramax.

Goodyear Wranglers also melted fast towing, but, the traction in a blizzard couldn't be beat when we took it into the mountains and places named "Snowflake"...

on the 1993: Cooper SRM radial II commercial tire - 30K of service with towing heavy. Good stiff tire and wore evenly. Not happy with the life as the OEM Bridgestone Duravis and Michelin tires lasted near 50K on the 2008 duramax.

Goodyear Wranglers also melted fast towing, but, the traction in a blizzard couldn't be beat when we took it into the mountains and places named "Snowflake"...

Suprised the SRM II didnt last any longer than 30K, I have 15K on mine. I have them on the steer axle of a truck and havent rotated them, they still look great!

I have a really dumb question, but i must ask. On the driver side door, it tells me the original tires were 265/75/R16. When i got the truck from my Grandpa, there were 245/75/R16. when i run a tire program to see what will fit it tells me that it might rub, stick out to far ect. But I would be safe putting 265/75/r16 tires correct?

thank you all for the information from this site.

If the door says 265s you should be good with the original wheels. Why not fill out your signature with the info about your truck so we can get a better idea how to answer any questions. Just go above to forum actions and pick profile and sig will be below left.

Thanks, I read mostly good about them online but not very many with HD trucks. I'm ditching the stock Michelins tomorrow, they've been horrible. The fronts cupped in less than 7500 miles and I noticed chunks missing from the edge of the tread a few days ago. Now I'm sure one of the rear tires that got moved to the front is bad, makes a wop-wop-wop noise on the highway and it pulls to the right. Ford dealer road force balanced them, said all four tires had "high road force" causing vibration.... they tell me there's nothing wrong with the tires though.

This ain't gonna be cheap but I'm fed up with wasting time. :(

Had michellins on my 06 dmax. They chunked and 2 blew. When they blew it wasnt pretty. IMO, take them off that pretty new truck!

I had Michelins on the Denali and one thread started to buldge, tire guy said it was common.
Had michellins on my 06 dmax. They chunked and 2 blew. When they blew it wasnt pretty. IMO, take them off that pretty new truck!

Mine were the LTX AT2 iirc. They only had 25-30K and looked like they had 60-80K

That's what these are. My experience with Michelin tires has been they're either the best tires you've ever had or they're nothing but problems. I about shit when I saw how much they $cost$

Got the tires today. Major difference, it tracks perfectly straight and has no more basketball bounce on the highway.

They look good and are really quiet for an AT. The Kauffman Tire across the street from where I work has a 10% off deal for employees of local businesses so overall I'm happy.

Back