• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Reviews

Well let's make that part of this thread. Everybody post the prices you are getting. Note if the price is mounted and balanced or just the tires.

When I price tires the price is out the door. I once had somebody try to add stuff on after I got the price. I told them to either honor the price or put my old tires back on.

I'm still loving the 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's that we put on over a year ago. Still look like brand new, ride well, great traction and quiet. Don't seem to squirm around while towing. Air pressure is a bit of a grab bag, as I vary it based on the season/towing, right now I have them all at 60 PSI (+/-1 psi), and they seem good. I just rotated them a few weeks ago with the Oil Change.

Looks like I'm going to be looking for a set of those COOPER HT3's myself. Pretty disappointed with my MICHELIN's right now. They were almost 6 years old, but only had 55K miles on them. One almost came apart on me tonight on our way home. Fortunately I felt it start vibrating and slowed down. Ended up nursing it home at 20 MPH, and finally it just went flat coming in the driveway. I know they were getting up there in age, but the tread on them was almost DONE. A far cry from my last 2 sets that made it 120K miles. My uncle had the same luck with his last set, and switched over to BRIDGESTONES.

My michelins dry rotted after 5 years on my 6.5. I had lots of treadlife left, but whats the use. I live in new england where the sun isn't strong enough to wreck tires in 5 years. I have coopers on my other truck the same age and holding up nicely. The tread on those will be gone by fall, at 50k now. For some reason, I thought they were dunlops, until I looked them over yesterday.

I was always careful not to spin these MICHELINS, but after 55K miles they are pretty well done. I noticed last year the dry rot was setting in. Just rather disappointed in this set of tires. They offer a 70K mile treadlife warranty on P rated MICHELINS like these, but because they were 10 ply LT's I got nothing. Waiting for a call back from my local tire shop for a set of COOPERS. For some reason not many places list teh HT3's in LT245/75/16 size.

I know of 4 sets of 265/75 ht3's locally. Who runs those pizza cutters anyways.
I do. I was actually considering going with 235/85/16's. I tried the 265/75/16 before, and just wasn't that fond of them. The narrower tire gets better milage, and thats more or less what I'm after as I don't go offroad much anymore. Still trying to find a place that has them. My local shop said he doesn't have a listing for the HT3 in his book, so he's calling COOPER to see about getting them.

Just giving you crap on the tiny tires, if I had 3.42 gears I'd run smaller tires too. Rpms would be low enough from the gearing to lug w/ big tires (not that the dmax will act like it lugs lol)

Just mentioning this, but I have almost 80K on my General Grabber HTS tires. They have worn very well. I will be replacing them within the next 3 months. I rotated them religiously, and kept the pressure at 58 to 60 lbs in all the tires when unloaded. I bumped the pressure up in the rear to about 75 lbs when I tow. These tires wore very evenly.

Mine were $541 IIRC out the door with road hazzard....ect. No rebate though :(
There not this cheap anymore. I called discount, looked online, and my local tire guy is the cheapest for them at $680 out the door and can get them today. Discount wanted wanted $153 + everything on top of it, and online was going to cost me almost $175 a tire after shipping, then I had to get them mounted and balanced. I could get the regular H/T from DISCOUNT for $119 a piece, but decided to go with the HT3.

What the heck. Last time I priced tires I was quoted over $1,200 at all the major tire stores, which is why I ended up buying treadwrights. I'm going to need to buy 2 tires for the beast this summer. Don't like the way the ones on the back axle are looking with all the weather checking. Plus the center of the tread is wearing down, which is odd since I run 50-55 psi about 90% of the time.

They are treadwright sentinels btw.

There not this cheap anymore. I called discount, looked online, and my local tire guy is the cheapest for them at $680 out the door and can get them today. Discount wanted wanted $153 + everything on top of it, and online was going to cost me almost $175 a tire after shipping, then I had to get them mounted and balanced. I could get the regular H/T from DISCOUNT for $119 a piece, but decided to go with the HT3.
So you got them coming then? I'll PM you my invoice (if I can find it) if you like? Maybe they will price match off it??

Back