• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

Saaaaaay, my tax return is comng soon and $360 is very reasonable. How quick a turn around, for the core, coming from Mass.?

The turn around will be very quick, as little as 10 days, if all the stars align. The wait will be a distant memory after your first few days running it. Plus, you get a really sweet sticker.

Thanks.

I'm in a good/bad position here. I'm definitely buying a tune for the Spring. Kojo's is $140 cheaper than Heath and seems more ATT friendly. I have to say though, Heath has been around and tinkering with these things forever. I would love to see a side by side dyno and test run. Either way, I 'll be buying one shortly. A lot of little things are coming togetehr on my truck, power wise, and this (with water injection) should be the cat's meow.

If you think you would be better with Heath, imagine this. Heath doesnt program everyones chips, he outsources that to Z-Industries. I have looked at a Heath tune a few years old and it wasn't impressive in my eyes. Im sure its gotten better with a lot of tuning related to his own racer, but he had been doing this for many years by the time the one I reviewed was sold and anyone could do that and I didnt like some of it. It was definately a huge improvement over stock of course, just not as much as I'd do on my own. It was perhaps better than what I have seen from other tuners.

Don't let market position influence your decision. I have reviewed tuning from all the aftermarket tuners and my own tuning is, and I imagine Kojo will make you something, more customized and tweaked. And I'm sure comes with a satisfaction guarantee.

If you think you would be better with Heath, imagine this. Heath doesnt program everyones chips, he outsources that to Z-Industries. I have looked at a Heath tune a few years old and it wasn't impressive in my eyes. Im sure its gotten better with a lot of tuning related to his own racer, but he had been doing this for many years by the time the one I reviewed was sold and anyone could do that and I didnt like some of it. It was definately a huge improvement over stock of course, just not as much as I'd do on my own. It was perhaps better than what I have seen from other tuners.

Thanks for the first hand input, Buddy. It's much appreciated. The Kojo tune prices and core charge is super easy to take as well. I'm happy for all the discussion about this.

What about Heath is it that has everyone so willing to open their wallet? I think his prices are OUT OF THIS WORLD and I'm thrilled to see other viable options being offered.

JMHO & we all have one!
You say that.... and yet Kojo's tune is more expensive then Heaths for OBDI :eek:ut:. I just think it is funny :sly: .

You say that.... and yet Kojo's tune is more expensive then Heaths for OBDI :eek:ut:. I just think it is funny :sly: .

$10 more but as far as I recall of this thread there is no mention of a core charge on 0BD-1, that would mean the original chip is kept.

When did I say that Heath was more expensive then KoJo or anyone else, I made no such compare, though it appear that you have GM.

I have only checked Heath for PMD & injectors both that were priced far out of this world.

I will say that this :icon_bs: with you following behind me on both sites defending heath is starting to wear my patience thin with you...:mad2: Get the hint :confused:

When did I say that Heath was more expensive then KoJo or anyone else, I made no such compare, though it appear that you have GM.

I have only checked Heath for PMD & injectors both that were priced far out of this world.
I put the equation together. We are talking about chips/tuning. You said Heath's prices were "out of this world" and that you are "thrilled of having other viable options available". So I'm sure you and many others can see where I am getting at... With those comments and those comments being in this thread... which talks mainly about the OBDI Eproms and OBDII computers.
I will say that this :icon_bs: with you following behind me on both sites defending heath is starting to wear my patience thin with you...:mad2: Get the hint :confused:
I'm not following you, and I don't really defend Heath or his products. But I do enjoy the products I do have from him.. If I wanted to follow you I'd drive to Illinois and wait for you at you lol. What hint? I see no hint.

Last edited:
OK, everybody, this ends here.

You don't like a specific vendor, fine... as you indicate, Crankme, you get to have your opinion.

You DON'T get to state it over and over and over and over... am I clear?

I personally like Heath products, I like Bill as a person, he has been a vendor on this site, and he has gone FAR out of his way to help out our members on many occasions, all of which get him some protection from me.

I am happy that KOJO has a new tune - Tim is a site vendor and I will also protect HIM from being targeted and badmouthed. I know that Mike will do the same for his vendors, and I applaud that.

Here's the bottom line - any of us can buy from whomever we want. if we think somebody's prices are out of line, fine. Badmouthing the vendor won't make them lower the prices for us.

Thanks very much for your upcoming cooperation.

Thanks JiFair.

That the Kojo tune is designed to work with the ATT and is customizable (sp) is a big plus. I'm certain that if asked, Heath's tunes can be done to order as well. I have hopes that he will have one available to work with the ATT, as do others. Free market though and VegOut has worked to develop a product that is attractive, available and affordable. Vote with your $.

Thanks JiFair.

I'm certain that if asked, Heath's tunes can be done to order as well. I have hopes that he will have one available to work with the ATT, as do others.

He does have the GLE-S and GL4-S to work better with the ATT. As far as customizable, I asked for firmer shifts and he said he couldn't do it. I bought his because of the price but might have bought a different tune If I had waited 3 weeks.

Heath products are top quality, shipped quickly, fairly priced and come with excellent advice. I've enjoyed many of their products, always been satisfied, and I recommend them highly.

Heath products are top quality, shipped quickly, fairly priced and come with excellent advice. I've enjoyed many of their products, always been satisfied, and I recommend them highly.

This is what I enjoy about our community, the sponsored vendors don't belittle each other, even in private on the phone. Heath, Kennedy, Walking J, Leroy, Tim etc are all stand up people. Thanks guys for setting good example for all of us.:thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, the truck is an animal now and I am still running the gm8 and vacuum system. If I had a turbomaster or my ATT on the truck that the flash was designed for, it would be even better (a little hard to imagine). I am very happy with it. I just wish I could have had a few things changed. The main thing being the shift firmness. I have a B&M shift plus on the truck to firm things up. It is just a personal preference. I could have bought a "custom" Kennedy tune and gotten the shifting I wanted but I didn't think it was worth the extra 80.00 bucks. If I didn't buy the ATT, I would have a Kennedy tune and home brew intercooler because I prefer the factory wastegate control (again, just personal preference). If I had known a custom flash was coming from Kojo, I could have found a cheap ecm to send him to flash and been able to keep my factory ecm as a backup for about the same amount I have in my Heath tune.

DISCLAIMER: The above words are my opinion. They are not meant to sway anyones decisions one way or the other. What I like and what you like may be totally different and thats O.K.

Back