• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

No changeble chip on that pcm, it is OBD2 vehicle.
Prolly vehicle deterrent system denyes starting. Check instructions from patricks link to learn vehicle for PCM.

Thanks Patrick :) I think it will be okay tomorrow. I am the kind of guy that never reads manual or the instructions properly.So when you mailed
me earlier today I did not read all the information and I started with the wrong theft learn.
When I looked trough everything I said to my self ,read the instructions idiot!! :D

Anyway,there should be some informatin about this things when you buy the tuning.

I`ll try again tomorrow.
First thing I did was the TDCO learn and then tried to start.
I did not know there was a theft realern to do so Patrick sent me a file with learn instructions.
Should it be possible to start the engine without doing the TDCO learn first?
The reason I ask is that when I do the theft learn, temperature drops below 170 F.
So if I manage to do the theft learn I have to warm up engine with the old pcm and then do the TDCO
with the new one....

Yes, it should start without doing tdco learn.

gm service manual says when changing pcm folloving procedures should be done on the following order:
1. Programming the PCM (done here)
2. Passlock Learn Procedure (i think this has failed for some reason?)
3. Programming the TDC Offset

(just sent email to you with copy of gm service manual)

Last edited:
It starts:hurray:
Did the theft learn with a stopwatch and did it as accurate as I possible could.
Engine runs great and there is without a doubt more power in it!!
Did not try to push it to hard uphills because I`m waiting for a new
egt and boost gauges but it felt very good :)
OD was perfect and is going to improve mpg in the 60km/h limit (37mph) wich
there is a lot of.

Thanks to Patrick & Teemu for great support:thumbsup:

The car is now official KOJO Tuned!

Yes, it should start without doing tdco learn.

gm service manual says when changing pcm folloving procedures should be done on the following order:
1. Programming the PCM (done here)
2. Passlock Learn Procedure (i think this has failed for some reason?)
3. Programming the TDC Offset

(just sent email to you with copy of gm service manual)

TDCO learn will happen simultaniously with the theft deterrent learn if the engine is up to operating temp, what I like to do before swapping PCMs out is run with old PCM to get operating temp up then start the theft det. learns, the routine for td learn 3 cycles of 10 minutes each does not have to be done with a stopwatch exactly, but you can't be under the required ko/ko times or it won't re-learn the theft module codes, you can be over the time but not under it.

It starts:hurray:
Did the theft learn with a stopwatch and did it as accurate as I possible could.
Engine runs great and there is without a doubt more power in it!!
Did not try to push it to hard uphills because I`m waiting for a new
egt and boost gauges but it felt very good :)
OD was perfect and is going to improve mpg in the 60km/h limit (37mph) wich
there is a lot of.

Thanks to Patrick & Teemu for great support:thumbsup:

The car is now official KOJO Tuned!

:thumbsup: That's great news!

KOJO Tuned Suburban, getting broken in. A Team Turbo on board!

[video=youtube;K343JtELjbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K343JtELjbQ[/video]

Here is the next video - more broken in and making some f150's scared. This thing runs like a scalded cat!

Really running great after the break in. Just a little whistling video!

[video=youtube;EWIPhCKjXz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIPhCKjXz8[/video]

i have a 95 f vin. is this tune just for automatics or can i get one for my 5 speed

i have a 95 f vin. is this tune just for automatics or can i get one for my 5 speed
Everyone who does the tunes will tune it to work with an automatic or manual tranny depending on which tranny you have. So yes it will work, They will ask which tranny you have. As walking J said they ask questions and I am sure they have a pre-printed list of questions they read from.

Back