• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

On these trucks VSSB unit tells vehicle speed to ECM, ecm dont have tables for gear ratio or tire size, TCC and gear changes are controlled with throttle position and speed.

VSSB should be changed if you want correct your speedometer, i have modified couple of them to dip switches, so adjusting is easy.

If lot of peoples are intrested about that i think we can work out somekind system to deliver modified VSSB units, but that certainly needs core back everytime.

would this work on OBD1 trucks as well i hate that my bigger tires trow off my odomiter and speedo

On these trucks VSSB unit tells vehicle speed to ECM, ecm dont have tables for gear ratio or tire size, TCC and gear changes are controlled with throttle position and speed.

VSSB should be changed if you want correct your speedometer, i have modified couple of them to dip switches, so adjusting is easy.

If lot of peoples are intrested about that i think we can work out somekind system to deliver modified VSSB units, but that certainly needs core back everytime.

Next time I run across the correct unit for my truck's year in the salvage yard, I plan to pick up one or 2, to swap in the dip switches, then install in my truck, & upon confirming the new one works AOK, simply offer to send my old one to any other forum member that wants to do the same.

Next time I run across the correct unit for my truck's year in the salvage yard, I plan to pick up one or 2, to swap in the dip switches, then install in my truck, & upon confirming the new one works AOK, simply offer to send my old one to any other forum member that wants to do the same.

This is a great idea.

Once you'd soldered in the dip switches & confirmed it works, wouldn't you think there's a very low probability of failure in the future?

Whenever I find one in the yards, I post what it cost. The ECM's are often the first things removed at the Pick-n-Pull yards, but don't expect the VSSB's go as quickly.

Once you'd soldered in the dip switches & confirmed it works, wouldn't you think there's a very low probability of failure in the future?

Whenever I find one in the yards, I post what it cost. The ECM's are often the first things removed at the Pick-n-Pull yards, but don't expect the VSSB's go as quickly.

Smithville,

If you come across an ECM, please snag it. I'll buy it. We need another couple of cores.

Thanks much. I guess the message goes out to all you crazies. Thanks!

I have used kojo chip now about 2.5 years. Different versions created, getting better and better... and now I'm extremely satisfied with version available now. I have GM-4, DIY Turbomaster, marine injectors and ATA cooler. 200k miles, engine original condition.
Dyno results were 262hp/615Nm (Photo Album)

Last edited:
Now if only I could actually find another 6.5 around here that was dead! They seem to be popping up all over Jackson alive and running but I can't find any in the junkyards! Which is a good thing to lol

So how different is the tunes from the gm-4 to the att. I do not have the money to do both at the same time unfortunately. But i do want to upgrade to a new turbo in the future. I am interested in grunt for the large hills on my way to work. The truck hasnt towed anything since ive owned it, it is used for plowing. My main issue is that i travel at 50-55 mph around home but my truck wont hit tcc lockup till 54 mph. So i am running at 2500 rpm or so most of the time wich sucks fuel. Can we program it to lockup more like 51? Can it also be programed to lockup the converter on de-acceleration? I am interested and have wanted one for a few months now, but i just cant scrape up enough money to do it quite yet...

Check out the price of new ones on Rock Auto:

rockauto.com

Do a Part Number search for 776588F.

TD edit hot link & pricing of non site sponsor removed

Last edited by a moderator:
So how different is the tunes from the gm-4 to the att. I do not have the money to do both at the same time unfortunately. But i do want to upgrade to a new turbo in the future. I am interested in grunt for the large hills on my way to work. The truck hasnt towed anything since ive owned it, it is used for plowing. My main issue is that i travel at 50-55 mph around home but my truck wont hit tcc lockup till 54 mph. So i am running at 2500 rpm or so most of the time wich sucks fuel. Can we program it to lockup more like 51? Can it also be programed to lockup the converter on de-acceleration? I am interested and have wanted one for a few months now, but i just cant scrape up enough money to do it quite yet...

You need a reflash to get the most from a ATT or any turbo so if U lack funds clean rad/condenser, make sure cooling system/fan-clutch is up to par, 4" exhaust/mandrel x-over, gauges, TM for your GM-4, FTB/ho lift pump, reflash, ATT

I have got to get me one of these! I've been saving (not really, I can't save money) for years to get a GL-4, but the huge core charge is whats held me back. Please, just give me one more snowstorm this season and I'll have the coin for it.

I'm interested in hearing anything and everything people have to say about it, and some numbers would be cool too.

at least one number is 266hp from my frinds suburban, ATT, previous version of tune (says current version is lot of more fun to drive)and walbro frb-5

at least one number is 266hp from my frinds suburban, ATT, previous version of tune (says current version is lot of more fun to drive)and walbro frb-5
Aren't those numbers calculated flywheel? I believe you or kane said that @ DP.

Back