• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

for gm turbos exist fuel table which is little higher in beginning (couz of faster spool up it can take little bit more fuel at low rpm's but stock torque converter cant transfer that power anyway, so it is mainly for manual trans) but gm turbo with att tune beats stock programming 6-0

So when programing your tune, is there more fuel given at lower RPM's for the manual tranny trucks? Just curious to see what differs from a manual/auto trans tune (other than shift points/pressures of course). I have a 96 with a 5spd which I am very interested in trying your tune for. Thanks for the input and a new product :thumbsup:

So when programing your tune, is there more fuel given at lower RPM's for the manual tranny trucks? Just curious to see what differs from a manual/auto trans tune (other than shift points/pressures of course). I have a 96 with a 5spd which I am very interested in trying your tune for. Thanks for the input and a new product :thumbsup:

You know, Slim Shady has a 5 speed rig, and is running the KOJO tune, and he is very happy. I'll find out on the low rpm fueling question. Thanks! We'd love to program one for you.

Patrick

But slim shady is running ATT in his truck so he has same fuel table as all others have.

I have fuel table what i can use in combination with manual trans and gm turbo, but i dont have access to truck like that here so i cant even say if there is any idea to do it.
With att that makes only more smoke and egt, with auto trans it feels little stupid.. engine takes rpm easier until converter stall speed is reached, but it doesn't have more power in driving range.
But if someone has manual and gm turbo, he can have that combination.

But slim shady is running ATT in his truck so he has same fuel table as all others have.

I have fuel table what i can use in combination with manual trans and gm turbo, but i dont have access to truck like that here so i cant even say if there is any idea to do it.
With att that makes only more smoke and egt, with auto trans it feels little stupid.. engine takes rpm easier until converter stall speed is reached, but it doesn't have more power in driving range.
But if someone has manual and gm turbo, he can have that combination.

Same fuel table as all others meaning.....? all ATT users? or same as the autos? Are you concerned as to what/or any difference a tune would make with the factory turbo? I am running a turbomaster along with some fuel mods and I do quite a bit of heavy towing.

Just trying to feel this out before I spend any money. So thanks for the one-on-one customer service guys!

...and you had better not be laughing at my manual trans. I love it :D

same fuel table is meaning: Same as other Kojo tune for ATT users. I have made tunes for gm turbo equipped vehicles here in finland before creating tune for ATT, this current fuel table for ATT is in use in all testgroup trucks here in finland, and only 2 of them is running ATT and 2 of them is running gm-turbos. So it is very well known how fuel table created for ATT works with gm turbo, and my opinion is it works well, so i'm not concerned how my tune works with factory turbo.

My largest things is TCC locking up no later than 40. And when I downshift from OD to 3rd, TCC isn't locked up, and it screams up 400rpm or so then locks TCC. Those things can be adjusted nicely I assume?

The other benefits of your chip I can't even comprehend yet! I'm a believer. I will be getting the KOJO tune in a few months.

Matt when you get the chip with more power you will be suprised how it affects the shift points. Hills that used to make me downshift (or unlock) now don't near as much. But that being said mine unlocks at 45 with slightest touch of throttle.

The silly thing is that TCC lock does not necessarily override shifting programming, so the upshift/downshift programming needs to be modified, as well as the kickdown, which is not necessarily touched by tuners.

I am just going to put my faith in KUJO and team. They know the questions to ask to get the info they need.

I'm perhaps learning too much here about the different area's of adjustments, I have never even driven a reflashed 6.5, not to mention program one, so I'll leave the guts up to KUJO.

I do know earlier TCC lockup would be desired. With my foot in it I can climb highway climbs doing at or slightly over 45, and it doesn't LOCK.

This problem causes it to take so much more engine work (High egt's, boost, etc) to reach OD speed. It feels like its beating the snot outta the 6.5. If I ease up the throttle a touch, I can make it lock. Then it really connects together and pulls strong and easy up the hill all locked up in 3rd. Problem is I lost my fat pig's momentum. Do that to about 2500 rpm, and OD will land a little under 2000 RPM. Sometimes this OD catch feels a little sluggish, especially if It lands around 1500rpm, but I always manually shift anyhow. I don't like to lug, ever. I'd rather spin at 2300 in 3rd than lug in OD.

I have 4.10's, but 235/85 16's, so that may bring my final ratio closer to that of a 3.73.

I really like doing 60mph 1900rpm in OD, and 65 at 2200 or so. Perfect. I dont' go faster.

I am just going to put my faith in KUJO and team. They know the questions to ask to get the info they need.

I'm perhaps learning too much here about the different area's of adjustments, I have never even driven a reflashed 6.5, not to mention program one, so I'll leave the guts up to KUJO.

I do know earlier TCC lockup would be desired. With my foot in it I can climb highway climbs doing at or slightly over 45, and it doesn't LOCK.

This problem causes it to take so much more engine work (High egt's, boost, etc) to reach OD speed. It feels like its beating the snot outta the 6.5. If I ease up the throttle a touch, I can make it lock. Then it really connects together and pulls strong and easy up the hill all locked up in 3rd. Problem is I lost my fat pig's momentum. Do that to about 2500 rpm, and OD will land a little under 2000 RPM. Sometimes this OD catch feels a little sluggish, especially if It lands around 1500rpm, but I always manually shift anyhow. I don't like to lug, ever. I'd rather spin at 2300 in 3rd than lug in OD.

I have 4.10's, but 235/85 16's, so that may bring my final ratio closer to that of a 3.73.

I really like doing 60mph 1900rpm in OD, and 65 at 2200 or so. Perfect. I dont' go faster.

Matt,

When the time comes, we will make one just right for you. Thanks everyone!

Well, I'm sold! One problem. I have 160,000 on my injectors (if the dealer really did change them @ 50,000). Should I wait til I change the injectors in the Spring ( I already have them in a box downstairs)or is it ok to upgrade now,as long as I don't stay at full throttle forever with a big tow? I won't be doing any distance, heavy towing unil July.

Well, I'm sold! One problem. I have 160,000 on my injectors (if the dealer really did change them @ 50,000). Should I wait til I change the injectors in the Spring ( I already have them in a box downstairs)or is it ok to upgrade now,as long as I don't stay at full throttle forever with a big tow? I won't be doing any distance, heavy towing unil July.

IMO I think you should change the injectors first. You are already "on barrowed time" so to speak with them and you have brand new injectors sitting in the basement. Not much sense in risking major problems when you have the parts you need to avoid it.

Again, just my two cents.

IMO I think you should change the injectors first. You are already "on barrowed time" so to speak with them and you have brand new injectors sitting in the basement. Not much sense in risking major problems when you have the parts you need to avoid it.

Again, just my two cents.

You know, I sell these things, and I would rather you install the new injectors too. The last thing you need is "more" fuel through a leaky injector. If you want the tune, order one up, and get those injectors you already have installed. It's not too difficult of a job.

Thanks guys. That's the way I felt and you let me know it's the right decision. Warm weather will be here soon.

Send some of that warm stuff over here so I can do some wrenching, saves hitting the fingers to keep them warm -22f a few days ago :eek:

Back