• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

Email sent Matuva. You can call anytime USA (208) 440-6820.

Thanks much. I'm also on Skype at walkingjdaddy

Thanks.

Yes, Tune is available also for 5068 pump. PM me with your original eprom code so i can check if i have that version ready or if i have to do it.

Have you been able to test the programs on trucks with the 5068 IP? I know you were looking into using one yourself.

Yep, found couple trucks with 5068 here in Finland and made tune for them. Reason why i'm searching original 5068 chips is i want find as much as possible different versions (auto/manual/different GVVR ratings etc)
My opinion is making tune is easier if i can see program what truck is currently using (this way i know better what is changing) to compared style where i would just put some chip with my tables and test if it runs good..

Can you tune boost adjustment suitably for someone who wishes to keep their original turbo and vacuum system?

Cheers
Nobby

Just a little note for all folks who buy a tune from us, or my friend Bill Heath, or really anyone...

do a tdc offset relearn process after ECM change!

Just a little note for all folks who buy a tune from us, or my friend Bill Heath, or really anyone...

do a tdc offset relearn process after ECM change!

Please correct me if I'm wrong as my mind is getting old, but as usual gmctd (jd) did a brilliant input on tuning and meant you should do TDCO LEARN with a stock chip before you replace it with a new..:smile5:

gmctd told earlier that some tuning chips can't do tdc learning process right, but all KOJO-tunes works like oem when making tdc learn.

On obd2 vehicles when you change whole ecm you must do tdc learn process after change because offset value is stored in that ecm, new ecm cant know what value was stored to old ecm.

nobody I know around here can find the fuel filter on a 6.5, let alone set the TDC. Is it available somewhere in a fromat I could print out and take to my mechanic?

Here's what I get for KOKO routine (not from me, I forgot who posted the routine):

1. Hook up your scan tool.
2. Start the engine and idle engine until coolant temperature is at least 170 degrees F.
3. Clear any diagnostic trouble codes, if any. Then turn the engine off.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position. Do not start the engine.
5. Prepare the PCM to activate the offset relearn by placing and holding the accelerator pedal in the fully open position (to the floor) for no less than 45 seconds.
6. Then, turn the ignition switch to the “Off” position, and release the pedal. Wait for 30 seconds. To confirm that the PCM has powered down, you should get a “No communication with vehicle” message on your scan tool.
7. Now start the engine and make sure that the coolant temperature is 170 degrees F or higher.
8. As soon as the engine coolant has reached 170 degrees F. and the engine speed is below 1500 RPM, the PCM will automatically learn the new TDC offset. A slight stumble in engine RPM is indicative that the new TDC has been activated.
9. Verify the TDC offset reading on your scan tool. The TDC offset should be between -0.25 and –0.75 degrees (stock OEM) -1.50 to -1.94 is fine.

I was thinking the optic bump, not relearn. my bad. I will save this though. Should I be thiking about doing the 1.94 deal at the same time?

Back