• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The KOJO Tune - Available now!

You need a reflash to get the most from a ATT or any turbo so if U lack funds clean rad/condenser, make sure cooling system/fan-clutch is up to par, 4" exhaust/mandrel x-over, gauges, TM for your GM-4, FTB/ho lift pump, reflash, ATT

Cooling system is all clean and upgraded when i rebuilt the engine last year. The only mods i lack are a turbo and chip.

Yes they are, i cant remember how much that was on wheels, but we had 6 vehicles there all with 4l80E and driveline losses were between 11% and 17% so it must be bvetween 220 and 237 on wheels.
I have noticed many peoples are talking about wheel hp even if their dynopaper says eng. power and at least here in finland most dynos calculates flywheel power.

Yes they are, i cant remember how much that was on wheels, but we had 6 vehicles there all with 4l80E and driveline losses were between 11% and 17% so it must be bvetween 220 and 237 on wheels.
I have noticed many peoples are talking about wheel hp even if their dynopaper says eng. power and at least here in finland most dynos calculates flywheel power.
Only way to get actual flywheel power is to take the engine out and use an engine dyno. Calculated flywheel power taken from a chassis dyno is inaccurate. I would much rather have rwhp from a chassis dyno then a calculated flywheel power from chassis dyno, but thats just me.

In the states and probably most of Canada the chassis dynos give rwhp.

kojo i have the same ride as yours but gm4 with 3" lift and 305's.....have you ran a heath gl4?...how does yours differ from his?.....as far peak fuel,rpm, torque curve and shifting?...haven't seen any side by side to compare them to....give me your best sale pitch!!...lol

kojo i have the same ride as yours but gm4 with 3" lift and 305's.....have you ran a heath gl4?...how does yours differ from his?.....as far peak fuel,rpm, torque curve and shifting?...haven't seen any side by side to compare them to....give me your best sale pitch!!...lol
I think veg_out's site is pretty much the best "sales pitch" you can get lol.

I think veg_out's site is pretty much the best "sales pitch" you can get lol.

yes but i'm runnin' a GL4 right now.....just want to see what is different....his sales pitch is for those without anything chip wise....sell a guy that has a performance chip with 1 that is better.....thats what i'm after...

yes but i'm runnin' a GL4 right now.....just want to see what is different....his sales pitch is for those without anything chip wise....sell a guy that has a performance chip with 1 that is better.....thats what i'm after...
True, but with different variables on these trucks... each truck will take a tune differently. I would like to see one truck with three or four different tunes all from different people/companies. Just to see the difference, my guess would be most power numbers would be pretty similar but who knows lol.

Sales pitch ahead.:thumbsup:

We tune it for your truck, and how you use it. We do not believe there is any one perfect tune, or even 2 perfect tunes that fit all.

There is, however, a perfect tune for your truck, with your usage patterns, with your turbo charger, with your transmission, with your loads.

Best I can do at 9 pm. :D

Plus, I throw in a yummy candy treat with every order!

Sales pitch ahead.:thumbsup:

We tune it for your truck, and how you use it. We do not believe there is any one perfect tune, or even 2 perfect tunes that fit all.

There is, however, a perfect tune for your truck, with your usage patterns, with your turbo charger, with your transmission, with your loads.

Best I can do at 9 pm. :D

Plus, I throw in a yummy candy treat with every order!

:) KOJO is obviously confident that he has a vast enough knowledge of what parameters to change for types of vehicles?

For example up above someone wanted their TCC to lock at 50. With my 4.10's 45 is too late. I would want mine to lock around 40? I'm not sure, because I'm just a driver. Perhaps KOJO would know that 40 is great. Great for 4.10? How about 3.73's?

What scares me a little, is the fact that every tune is different for each truck, and no tunes that fit all. This makes me think that it isn't simple reprogram, and that its very complex. Well, I have 4.10 auto 97 and so does Detroit Dan for example. Why wouldn't the same reflash work the same for both of our trucks?

Also, if something as critical as a turbo doesn't have much effect on the chip parameters (DO YOU ACTUALLY TUNE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FOR ATT OR GM/X?)

I don't tow at the moment, nor do I plan too in close future. BUT, would you tune me differently if I said I tow a 8k trailer often?

I understand a one size fits all wouldn't work do to gear ratio's alone. Is gearing the largest info needed for program choices?

Most importantly, can I pay extra if I want 2 spuds in there? :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

I'm also one of the guys that will buy the Reflash first, then ATT next, as while I'm on my way to saving the big beans, the small beans add up first, and If i can ride around for the next month with a reflash while saving for ATT hell ya! I've been riding on factory tune for 4-5 years and a few miles under 50,000!!!!! Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately I only demonstrate that with my truck.

We'll have some data soon I'm sending them a PCM to play with for me, what I've found with my ATT there is a place where fuel is fat with the GL4 program, and lean in other places, I ran a stock PCM with ATT and max fueling from stock PCM only allows for 10 psi boost, that said 10psi boost with ATT will get you to 100 mph but with a reflash you get there & more, but faster :D

Only way to get actual flywheel power is to take the engine out and use an engine dyno. Calculated flywheel power taken from a chassis dyno is inaccurate. I would much rather have rwhp from a chassis dyno then a calculated flywheel power from chassis dyno, but thats just me.

In the states and probably most of Canada the chassis dynos give rwhp.

I think they can calculate it quite well, couz they know how much energy is loaded to dyno at certain speed, but in real life results varies from dyno to dyno even vith same vehicle fuel, and setup. Dyno what we used is made in US (by dynocom inc, you can find model from dynocom website, dyno locator, europe and there is special tunung harinen on valkeakoski) so next time when we are there i can ask if they can print also wheelpower graphs.

I havent self run heaths GL4 because i dont know anyone in finland who has it. One my friend has tested some heath chip (dont know version) but he likes my chip more. If someone is willing to borrow gl4 for me i can try get some dynoresults from both in same vehicle, but not until spring.
I have tryed engh's chip and ssdiesels chip, and some peoples here in finland are bought my chip to replace those and have been happy to my chip

When you can modify the tune every day in your own truck its not hard to figure out what they like ;) Most tunes will work good in all trucks, because the aftermarkets dont venture much into the tranny. At least the ones Ive looked at. The GMX turbo is very very easy to tune for, almost anything will run well with it since it spools so fast and gives you abundant boost up to 20psi. The ATT is not as easy to tune for because it spools slower. Start optimizing tranny shifts and things get more difficult, as gearing, tire size, load, etc.. affect shifting feel. The stock shifts are pretty early, but when you get all that added power from more fuel and boost you can take 2nd and 3rd out further.

Should tranny pressures be the same for a K2500 that doesnt tow often or plow as a K3500 hauling and plowing? Or even a C1500. Obviously not. Good thing those pressures are an effect of load, so you can still program in towing effects that just wont be seen until the load is there.

:) KOJO is obviously confident that he has a vast enough knowledge of what parameters to change for types of vehicles?
Actually when making tune i start from trucks stock program and put my own timing, fuel, glow table among other changes to them and tweak some parameters as requested, thats why we want know vehicle win and original chip code.

For example up above someone wanted their TCC to lock at 50. With my 4.10's 45 is too late. I would want mine to lock around 40? I'm not sure, because I'm just a driver. Perhaps KOJO would know that 40 is great. Great for 4.10? How about 3.73's?
Precise locking speed depends on throttle position, trans temp, and speed what computer sees and it isn't usuallu exactly same as speedometer shows.
My own suburban has 4.1 gears, 285/75r16 tires and i like it it locks tcc normally (at light throttle) 68km/h (42mph) (stock program was about 75km/h) but computer thinks it is locking tcc at 40. In finnish test group :grouphug: is aldo 1500 burb with 3,42 gears and 285/75 gears and it's owner likes same tcc setting what i, but test burb 2 has 3,73 gears, 245/75r16 tires and owner wanted higher lockup speed then stock chip has, so drivers opinion is very important to us.

What scares me a little, is the fact that every tune is different for each truck, and no tunes that fit all. This makes me think that it isn't simple reprogram, and that its very complex. Well, I have 4.10 auto 97 and so does Detroit Dan for example. Why wouldn't the same reflash work the same for both of our trucks?
If you both order tune and dont specify your own likings and use better you'll get identical programming except VIN code (programmed always to obd2 ecm's)

Also, if something as critical as a turbo doesn't have much effect on the chip parameters (DO YOU ACTUALLY TUNE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FOR ATT OR GM/X?)
for gm turbos exist fuel table which is little higher in beginning (couz of faster spool up it can take little bit more fuel at low rpm's but stock torque converter cant transfer that power anyway, so it is mainly for manual trans) but gm turbo with att tune beats stock programming 6-0

I don't tow at the moment, nor do I plan too in close future. BUT, would you tune me differently if I said I tow a 8k trailer often?
How you would answer if i'd ask you are your gear changes now on good speeds and enough firm or should they be tweaked?

I understand a one size fits all wouldn't work do to gear ratio's alone. Is gearing the largest info needed for program choices?
Please remember there is 6,5's around without turbo, with manual or 4l60e trans, 2wd and 4wd, with 5068 IP (1994 models only) etc and you can be sure program for g20 van wont work in k2500 suburban or vice versa (ok, engine will start and run, but trans will go to limp mode and bunch of codes is guarenteed)

Most importantly, can I pay extra if I want 2 spuds in there? :thumbsup:
Of course you can pay extra, even if you dont want anything ):h

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

I'm also one of the guys that will buy the Reflash first, then ATT next, as while I'm on my way to saving the big beans, the small beans add up first, and If i can ride around for the next month with a reflash while saving for ATT hell ya! I've been riding on factory tune for 4-5 years and a few miles under 50,000!!!!! Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately I only demonstrate that with my truck.

Thanks, i hope you got idea why we want know what YOU like and how you use your truck.

Great response. I know I will feel comfortable now with my order in the months to come.

The only shift point that I notice feels needs more engagement? is the overdrive shift.

I do like how my truck shifts 1,2,3, I wish TCC locked up at or a tad before 40, as I end up unlocked climbing hills doing about 45 with rpm's up around 2300, just waiting for the TCC to lock up to add power and lower RPM's.

The problem is, I don't know if I'd benefit from 'firmer' shifts, or more pressure, as I really don't know nearly as much about tranny shift pressures. Never ventured into shift kits and whatnots before.

Also of note, I ALWAYS drive around in 3rd. ONLY shifting into OD above 60, where the OD shift will land around 1800rpms. This avoids the possibly low pressure SHIFT POINT? of OD landing around 1500rpm, making it feel 'luggish' for lack of better description. Will added pressure on that shift point fix this?

Tranny is rebuilt 30k miles ago, and will be serviced and syntheticized this summer.
Good things to think about for the next few months of driving.

Anything else I, or others reading this thread, should look out for to help you program more custom for our rides?

BTW, this up close and personal talk about your reflash is a huge selling plus. Heath may have done this before in the past perhaps, but you're here now, and that means alot to potential buyers.

Great response. I know I will feel comfortable now with my order in the months to come.

The only shift point that I notice feels needs more engagement? is the overdrive shift.

I do like how my truck shifts 1,2,3, I wish TCC locked up at or a tad before 40, as I end up unlocked climbing hills doing about 45 with rpm's up around 2300, just waiting for the TCC to lock up to add power and lower RPM's.

The problem is, I don't know if I'd benefit from 'firmer' shifts, or more pressure, as I really don't know nearly as much about tranny shift pressures. Never ventured into shift kits and whatnots before.

Also of note, I ALWAYS drive around in 3rd. ONLY shifting into OD above 60, where the OD shift will land around 1800rpms. This avoids the possibly low pressure SHIFT POINT? of OD landing around 1500rpm, making it feel 'luggish' for lack of better description. Will added pressure on that shift point fix this?

Tranny is rebuilt 30k miles ago, and will be serviced and syntheticized this summer.
Good things to think about for the next few months of driving.

Anything else I, or others reading this thread, should look out for to help you program more custom for our rides?

BTW, this up close and personal talk about your reflash is a huge selling plus. Heath may have done this before in the past perhaps, but you're here now, and that means alot to potential buyers.

Just remind me Matt, and I'll add another Spud!

Back