• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT-800 style Trailer Tow mirrors TTM for GMT-400 trucks

Ed, a diode allows current to flow in one direction just like a check valve.

what does one need diodes for. Might help if I knew what a diode is ? If I was gonna wire it up so the mirror LED's were on with the park or headlights and wanted to use the led on the mirror as a turn signal also I would tap off the positive wires that go to either the front left or right side marker light. Run a wire up to your mirror and that's it. On my truck the front side marker lights are on with the park lights and when you flip the turn signal the truck cuts power to either marker light allowing it to flash, It would also cut power to the LED's on the mirror and you have your flash as well. any idea what power, heated and led mirrors are worth for shipping to 98230. Ed

They are $248+ shipping. Shipping should be $30ish. I have them droped shipped so don't know til they tell me.

The front marker/sigs on our trucks are wired the same way as we wire the mirrors to.

Wow Leroy they sure look good and I really need a set of manual ones cause mine wont stay adjusted but I have my money allocated to one of ur Walbro pumps and the adapter things so maybe later. Trying to do performance first but towing would be nice to have extended mirrors and ur price is the best!

They are much better for towing than the stockers especially on a dually.

X2 on that Leroy!!! No comparison to the stock chrome extension mirrors that I removed. I even like them much better just for general use also. I can SEEE behind me. Not only can I see my rear tires when I'm backing up, I can also really see other things back there.

Edzzed---

Last winter when Barry (bk95td) and I were working to figure out the wiring on the mirrors we got off e-bay (same as what Leroy now sells) he tried a direct wire hookup for the running and turns to the LEDs. He was unable to get it to work. I'm not sure just what he tried, you'd have to contact him. Since he was unable to make it work I went directly to the diodes with success.

Don

A regular light bulb doesn't care which side is ground and which side is positive. A led can only have positive from one side[led= light emitting DIODE]. The positive and negative reverse from marker to turn signal. With or without the diode set-up you have to run a separate ground to complete the circuit for the led's. It is a bit hard to understand how exactll the factory wiring actually works for the side marker turn signal lights. I actually cut the harness open to prove it to myself that the led's wouldn't work by just wiring in parallel with the marker light. I'm still not crystal clear on how it works. Here's the thread with all the discussion of the led wiring:

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sh...owing-Mirrors-From-Option-Racing-Buyer-Beware

Working on saving up for a set of these, maybe around Christmas time. My truck doesnt have power mirrors stock (94'). WOnder how hard it would be to wire in some type of control for them? Or should i keep it plain n' simple with manuals? I too see the price difference i hardly anything between manual and power.

You could get the harness from a junk yard and I have a few door sub panels from the Suburbans that have the switch in them I plan to sell. Thats the way I did it on my old 93.

You could get the harness from a junk yard and I have a few door sub panels from the Suburbans that have the switch in them I plan to sell. Thats the way I did it on my old 93.

That is cool. Do you happen to have a maroon one? If so id buy it for this project down the road.

Crap. When i had my first K1500, it was grey and i had a hard time finding interior parts for it. Always found maroon or blue. 5 years later i have a maroon one now and can find parts for it easily either, all i see now is blue and grey!.

Crap. When i had my first K1500, it was grey and i had a hard time finding interior parts for it. Always found maroon or blue. 5 years later i have a maroon one now and can find parts for it easily either, all i see now is blue and grey!.

They can easily be painted to match. I have several pieces painted Cup holder, fuse box cover...

Working on saving up for a set of these, maybe around Christmas time. My truck doesnt have power mirrors stock (94'). WOnder how hard it would be to wire in some type of control for them? Or should i keep it plain n' simple with manuals? I too see the price difference i hardly anything between manual and power.

A lot depends on your ability and/or willingness to deal with wiring as wiring from scratch can be intensive. Do you have experience with any kind of wiring?

I did like Burning Oil suggested in post 88. I went to a pick-n-pull and got all the parts I needed. The Sub switch panel I got was tan so I painted it grey.

I got the complete under dash wire loom out of a 93 or 94 Sub, identified all the wires needed for the mirrors and rear window defrost, pulled them from the loom and made a secondary loom out of that. I put this loom under the dash in the stock location (had to pull the dash for this) and connected it up to the under dash convenience center in the stock locations (mine is 94 just like yours). You could most likely run the wire loom under the carpet across to the pass door. This would be much easier than under the dash.

The purpose of the rear window defrost switch and wiring was to power the mirror heat. I now have the Subs' rear window defrost switch, in the stock position, in my dash.

Since the Subs door switch panel had switches for the rear door windows, and were unused in my application, I added in power quarter window motors for my extra cab rear windows.

Don

Yes, can be droped shipped USPS, won't know the exact cost until order is placed, but would be a normal charge.

Don did a real nice job with his.

Back