• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT-800 style Trailer Tow mirrors TTM for GMT-400 trucks

Pictures?

thread write up?

Link?

/hijack

I did take a few pics, thinking I might do a thread. But, time got away from me and the thread never materialized.

I know you had expressed interest in powering the rear windows, but were deep in getting other projects done before you're big move. Since I know you have no problem with fabbing things up you'll not have any problems with doing this mod. I'll have to dig out the pics for you and do a thread on this.

Don

there work on my truck? some did a hit n run on my west coast mirrors on the pass side runing the door, door glass windshield roof.. 2200.00 in damages
my current setup sit 18" out from the window to the center of the mirror.. ~106" from mirror center to mirrow center on a 7x16 mirrow.
do they extent out that far? dont really need the power but heat would eb very usefull

No, they do not extend out that far. I'm not at home so I can't measure and tell you how far though. If nobody has posted the measurements by tomorrow morning I'll try to remember to do that.

Don

Being able to easily see around a 102" trailer is pretty important being a hotshot. Current setup is 106" roughly center to center of the mirror. And the 800 style would def cut down on wind drag over the west coast style setup

If you could take a tape measure hook it onto the window and run it out to where the mirror stops while extended would be great.
16" out from the window is 102". My current setup mirror starts at 15" to 22" makes sense being that its a 7" wide mirror

O.K., got home last night. Measuring, at a right angle from the closed window surface down just above the rubber wiper seal, and with the mirror extended. The lower edge of the mirror is slightly above the windows rubber wiper seal.

From glass to inner lower corner of mirror is 13" and outer lower corner is 19 1/4".

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1557.jpg
    IMGP1557.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 12
I really like mine, but they do vibrate quite a bit compared to my stockers. I made a few changes to how they mount to help with it though, but the passenger side one still shakes more than I would like.

I don't know what the difference may be, but my aftermarket mirrors don't vibrate very much. Probably more than the mirrors like malibu has, but not enough to be a problem for me.

I really like my new mirrors, but considering what I replaced it wouldn't take much to be better. I had the old style similar to what the 80s pickups had, only mine were set up to extend. The extension on them was a joke. They wouldn't stay tight and I was constantly having to re-extend them.

Don

My 93's mirrors would fold back over 60mph. lol

The 93 has the mirrors from leroy and they look great but mine shook at first too. I added some rubber isolaters and stuff which helped but it still isnt perfect. My door hinges have some play too so that likely doesnt help.

Mine shake at idle. but clear up after that. The little 4cly Isuzu really shakes alot more than the 6.5 did.

Mine vibrate much more at idle with the lopey cam in the 454. They aren't bad driving. The small base and large mirror really make it hard to keep them from vibrating. Most of the OEM equipped trucks vibrate close to what these aftermarket ones.

I had the OEM style extend out stainless mirrors, they worked ok once I installed a new set screw, ended up using a hex cap screw so the hex was larger and you could tighten them down. But those vibrated like an earthquake. There is a picture of them in the beginning of my original thread.

I got my mirrors from ebay, before Leroy started carrying them. However, I'm positive they are the same mirrrors. Mine have held up real good. The only thing I know of against them is in the LED lights. The drivers side lights are not as bright anymore as the passenger side. The adjuster motors are still working real good. I do use the passenger side adjuster way more than the drivers side as I pan side to side as I back up our travel trailer. The trailer is parked at 90* to our driveway which requires me to pan the mirror to full right as I get the trailer into park position.

Don

Leroy, can you still get these. Looked at your site and didn't see them listed.

Is anyone running them on a dually? If so, how do they work?

Back