• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel System redone

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
94 News. No clear line test. He was dead set on the IP anyway so...his truck right? But, it was the right call because he got the IP and injectors in this weekend, took yesterday off and today after sorting out what order injection lines go on, electrical stuff plugged back in where and temporary ground points sorted out (lower intake isn't on) he lit it off this afternoon and it is purring along just fine. So, once he puts the intakes, turbo, fender etc. back on he's good to go for a road trip. I know he's relieved and, as the one he's been asking advice off, I'm relieved too.
Interesting findings while working on the 94. The Injection pump wasn't OEM (rebuilt Stanadyne) and, additionally, the motor isn't the original one either as his is a 141 block which didn't show up until 1996 (which was what my truck originally had in it). Hmmm. For only 140K on the clock, it's been had some major swaps.

My 96 news...Pump is out, back is out, knees are screaming...so I got the valley cleaned up and treated the rust in there with POR15 and top coated it
.IMG_2687 (1).jpgIMG_2691 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
As of last night the IP is in and the injection lines connected up at both ends. I'll have to watch that return line at #7. IP electrical is all connected up as most everything else at the front of the motor as is the oil filler neck etc. I do need a new connector for the MAP/Boost sensor though as it is falling apart and I'm getting a code for it. I'll do the same as my adopted 94 and light it off without the lower intake or turbo on it. Just have to reconnect the grounds to get it started. Put the fan belt on and the upper radiator hose (just easier to get at things with it off). I'll check back tomorrow with results as I left the hood up too many nights and so I'm charging up batteries for the multi starting attempts. Besides, a night without having to bathe in degreaser isn't unpleasant either.

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
And it's running. Was a little rough at first but I tightened one line and swapped back to a known good tune (had an experimental one in there earlier and forgot to take it out). Ran real smooth until I did the TDC learn and it went rough with a reading of -2.46 so obviously the pump needs to move a little to the passenger side. Thanks again for the loan of the Tech II AKDiesel, much appreciated. I'll get this thing sorted out and get your equipment back to you most skosh.