• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Yup. Thay aint too mush money so I should just get them and have them here. Auto salvage has several GMT 400s in the yard and I am sure a good hood. Nust need to get off a my dead @s and get out there and checkum out. 😹😹😹
I do like the looks of some of the low profile hood scoops, I have looked over My hood and, the waveys is outside of a hood scoops limits. 😩😹😹😹

Yup. Thay aint too mush money so I should just get them and have them here. Auto salvage has several GMT 400s in the yard and I am sure a good hood. Nust need to get off a my dead @s and get out there and checkum out. 😹😹😹
I do like the looks of some of the low profile hood scoops, I have looked over My hood and, the waveys is outside of a hood scoops limits. 😩😹😹😹

We have many boneyards in SoCal and no rust problems. I can usually find same color doors and hoods, but rarely can I find a hood now where the clear coat is not peeling off. I can find straight, but not clear coat clean.

Decided we didn't like the shrubs in front of the house a couple weeks ago...so we cut them down...🤔. Didn't think this through..now there's stumps in front of the house...nope that don't look good...tried digging them out, but that was to much like work...sooooo, screw it hook the truck to them...couple hours and a helpful state trooper later and there out...( He blocked traffic so I could back in the road pulling them .) Gonna attach pics before and after.

I was in question about the Kennedy Diesel spin on fan clutch not kicking in when engine temps was hitting 210 degrees. He said 210 is an okay temp, He also stated that He knows of 6.5s tat run on a pull at 220 degrees and no engine damage.
We discussed the fan clutch, He explained that the underhood temp has to hit about 185 for the spring to engage the clutch and the fan.
Okay, thats peace of mind. 👍😹😹

Fixed a coolant leak and found my oil leak. So after buttoning things up, I cleaned and polished the wheels from the winter grime.

Attachments

• 635F8AE8-2D6B-40D2-A7EC-E0AD8D21A4E4.jpeg
    635F8AE8-2D6B-40D2-A7EC-E0AD8D21A4E4.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 9A46FB6C-CD0A-4C48-AFFC-BBACD4F51D99.jpeg
    9A46FB6C-CD0A-4C48-AFFC-BBACD4F51D99.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1
Back