• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

I’m pretty sure I just snuck my downpipe in from underneath.
So did I. The DE exhaust was probably this xmas´ easiest project on my part, haha.
I did mount a EGT sensor in the exhaust manifold. Something is funky with the readings, though.

I had sent an email to Leroy, the reply below. Guess I better lift the engine some.

No, but its very tight. You will just have to keep trying different angles and it will finally slip in and you'll wonder how.
Now if your motor mount is soft then it won't help the issue.

Leroy

On 1/30/20 1:56 PM, Martin wrote:

Just curious, when installing the Diamond eye exhaust system on My 2000 K3500 CCLB pickumup.

I am at the place to where it is time to install the down pipe from the turbo down to under the truck.

Have You found it necessary to have to remove the motor mount bolts and jack up the engine to get the pipe threaded through the opening ?

Thank You very much

Martin Draper

Slightly lifted the engine, just enough to relieve the weight from the motor mounts, got the pipe wigged through the hole, but, I had to cut the stud/lug from off that bolt head to get it to fit. the turbo to pipe clamp is installed and the EG sensor is on the hole. LOL
Making some progress.
Next is to make a drive to NAPA and get new exhaust donuts for the cross over pipe. Get new bolts for then flanges too.

Glad to hear you made some progress! :)

I am enjoying my ride these days - still listening to the starter that seems to behave nicer, playing with the turbo spool stick I mounted and trying to get the egt sensor to read in my onboard computer - but MAN, what a joy to drive the new car. It was all worth it! :)

Glad to hear you made some progress! :)

I am enjoying my ride these days - still listening to the starter that seems to behave nicer, playing with the turbo spool stick I mounted and trying to get the egt sensor to read in my onboard computer - but MAN, what a joy to drive the new car. It was all worth it! :)
That is some mighty good news. It is always nice when it all works as expected and then some.

Mine, not so much. I got the down pipe and the new cross over installed. That is all the pain I could take. Took it over to the muffler shop, he took a look at it and said He could get on it at 7 am Monday morning if I could have it there. So, now that's the plan. LOL
I told My sons that I was quitting this mechanical work. Just getting to be too painful, and, I bleed way to easy now. Hands looks like a bear got a hold of them. LOL

Sometimes it is a good feeling to give in and have someone else do the work as well...

I hope you get it all sorted on Monday! I have to say the install was much easier when I had a friend who wasn't afraid to be under the truck to help me. A bitt of wiggling back and forwards and we were good.

I´ve recently discovered nitril gloves. They are hand-savers! 😂

Oh Yeah, I forgot to post the results. LOL
The pipe bender shop got the 4" system installed. It doesn't sound much different than it did with the 3" exhaust.
Next test will be when a heavy pull will be experienced, see if the EGTs drops some. LOL Also, it might help on MPGs too. Time`ll tell. LOL

Pretty much it was only the IP on the '94 3500 HD that was the "oddball" that used a different type of signal input to the ECM's PROM. 94 Burb <=> 95 Burb, "no proburbo" (problemmo, LOL) for the swap.

Hmmm...are You sure those Ips are interchangeable? I thought 94 was a oddball year? 🤔

Post #49 Big T
Using a mirrror and translating backwards, I believe the top row on the ‘94 IP reads: D24 831-5521. Could not read the lower row, but it seemed more like a serial #.

Post #50 Jaryd
Since it’s a 5521 the ip from the 95 will work

Interesting, the IP nuts on the ‘94 were hex flange nuts, as opposed to the 12 point we’re used to.

Got the fuel lines off without using a crow’s foot, as my 19mm is MIA. Ran and got some crow’s feet from Harbor Freight after pulling it.

Last edited:
Back