• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Ordered in the billet pulley, bolts and a harmonic balancer bolt. Next month, after I pay the credit card for these purchases, the harmonic balancer will be on the way.
I would like to replace the timing sprockets/chain with the timing gear setup but, the sprocket and chain has less than 20,000 on them. I`ll get those later and get it installed, maybe this coming summer after I get back to work.
In the mean time, the four inch Diamond eye exhaust system then the ATT turbo system and a tune.

Ordered in the billet pulley, bolts and a harmonic balancer bolt. Next month, after I pay the credit card for these purchases, the harmonic balancer will be on the way.
I would like to replace the timing sprockets/chain with the timing gear setup but, the sprocket and chain has less than 20,000 on them. I`ll get those later and get it installed, maybe this coming summer after I get back to work.
In the mean time, the four inch Diamond eye exhaust system then the ATT turbo system and a tune.
My suggestion if the balancer is noted as bad now. Otherwise save up the pulley, balancer, and do timing gears and possibly water pump if it's old at same time. definitely do the front main seal at that time. Better to do it all at once in that pain area imo.
even if you have to buy a part each month and get it all saved on the shelf.

Doing the turbo, exhaust, and tune 1 at a time isn't bad and you can do component comparisons too.

My suggestion if the balancer is noted as bad now. Otherwise save up the pulley, balancer, and do timing gears and possibly water pump if it's old at same time. definitely do the front main seal at that time. Better to do it all at once in that pain area imo.
even if you have to buy a part each month and get it all saved on the shelf.

Doing the turbo, exhaust, and tune 1 at a time isn't bad and you can do component comparisons too.
I know its not been 20,000 miles ago, probably more like 10,000 that I had replaced the timing chain/sprocket set and the H-balancer looked good at that time, peeked in on it several times since and it still has no bulging or misplacing of the band or the ring.
replaced the coolant pump within the last several thousand miles, installed the restrictor fitting too.
I have nightmarish visions in My head about the H balancer going out and busting the cranking shaft. If that ever happened I`d be without a wehicle for a very long time. LOL
Only about three more weeks to go to order the balancer, let us all bow our heads and pray it holds together for that long. LOL

Ordered in the fluid dampner.
Now I`m on the fence. My exhaust system has a leak, smell in the cab when warming engine. I would like to do the timing gear components too, so, now, I`m guessing I`m going to jump bassakwards and go for exhaust, install fluid dampner when it gets here then in a year or so go ahead and do the tear down and install the timing gear system. Not too big of a job to remove the fan and dampner to do the gear components install.

Exhaust system is now ordered. LOL
I`ll be a couple a hundred over what I have been saving for parts but, that will get paid next month.
I do not like charging over My means. LOL
The .243 upper with the 22" stainless barrel for the AR10 lower receiver will just have to wait for a couple more months. I guess that will be okay, I dont see any bannings on components on the horizon. :woot: :angelic:

I've been cash on the barrel head since the '08 Crash. No credit cards means virtually no credit rating, but it also means when this artificial stock market bubble bursts and everything goes to shit in the next year or two, I won't have multiple creditors breathing down my neck/destroyed credit rating to rebuild. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. Hence, my Burb has been sitting in my driveway for 5 years awaiting a new IP because trying to save up a half month's take home pay to buy a decent one, on top of my normal monthly bills/expenses, is damn near impossible. Hopefully (but doubtful) I can improve my income in this 2% unemployment, near-minimum wage economy here in this State, but I'm not going to work a second or third job (why our "unemployment rate" is so low, never mind the high "UNDERemployment" rate) and 70+ hours at my age and physical condition.

I've been cash on the barrel head since the '08 Crash. No credit cards means virtually no credit rating, but it also means when this artificial stock market bubble bursts and everything goes to shit in the next year or two, I won't have multiple creditors breathing down my neck/destroyed credit rating to rebuild. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. Hence, my Burb has been sitting in my driveway for 5 years awaiting a new IP because trying to save up a half month's take home pay to buy a decent one, on top of my normal monthly bills/expenses, is damn near impossible. Hopefully (but doubtful) I can improve my income in this 2% unemployment, near-minimum wage economy here in this State, but I'm not going to work a second or third job (why our "unemployment rate" is so low, never mind the high "UNDERemployment" rate) and 70+ hours at my age and physical condition.
YUP, I try to have the cash in hand before ordering components, the CC is just a tool so the parts can get shipped a little quicker.
Fluid Damper arrived yesterday evenings mail. What a nice looking unit.
The removal/install tool from Leroy is suppose to be here this Friday, according to tracking, and also the exhaust system.
That should keep me busy for a while. LOL

Yup. Just the Debit Card linked to my checking account. No dinero, no buy it. Online or otherwise.
I have a debit card, but, I prefer using the Alaska Airlines CC. I get airmiles for every purchase. I have enough air miles now to get a round trip to Anchorage and return. LOL
I just make sure I have the cash in hand before making the purchase, or, monies coming in that will cover the purchase when the bill comes due. I do not want to be paying interest on any purchases.

Has anyone ever experienced a compression ignition when running in a bolt. I was using My 3/8ths impact, trying to take it slow and easy, run in two of the bolts just fine, the 3rd and fourth went okay but then I smelled something like ignition. I sure hope it did not crack the new fluid dampener. Guess I`ll keep a watch and see if there is any weeping from that area. :banghead:
bp10.jpg

Back