• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

For door adjustments that have no serviceable bushings, use a 7/8ths short impact socket. and put it in the lower door hinge. slightly close the door against the socket wedged in the hinge. Slightly bouncing the door closed will slowly pull the body portion of the hinge backwards a tad, thus lifting the doors latch area. then check door alignment. repeat as necessary. This can be done the other way to lower latch area.
Example, when the wind catch's the doors, and pulls it from your hand, and Hyper Extends the hinges,,, This moves the whole door assembly forward towards the fender. Causing the gaps to expand at the latch. Doing the socket trick on both hinges will bring the door backwards towards the other door-1/4 panel to get those gaps lined back up.

Been there done that 100's of times in the body shop. Kinda an insider trick.

Me, my wife and 3 kids left for the beach in the 6.5 on Thursday. It got 13.333 mpg on the way with the bed loaded and the pop up camper filled up with everything that I could fit in it. The camper weighs 1,700 lbs empty. Left to head home this morning and haven’t filled up the tank yet to find out what the ride home mpg was.

It hit 210* for about 30-45 seconds climbing 1 hill and the rest of the trip it would stay between 190*and 205*. Looks like I need to clean the stack again.

I hauled the K1500 overe to Sidney Montana yesterday, some real steep hills between there and here, pulling, the truck went to about 215 on the gauge and took 12 gallons of fuel, just about 150 miles on that tank. Coming home pulling the empty trailer, the gauge barely moved off the full. I`ll see if there is enough money in the account today to fuel it up.
I was hoping to use some of the money from the K1500 to get the Kennedy Diesel fan clutch and also get Leroys restricted bypass hose fitting. Wifey wants to send it all to the CC company, get that paid off first, then maybe there will be more money to play with. LOL

IMG_0127.jpg

Me, my wife and 3 kids left for the beach in the 6.5 on Thursday. It got 13.333 mpg on the way with the bed loaded and the pop up camper filled up with everything that I could fit in it. The camper weighs 1,700 lbs empty. Left to head home this morning and haven’t filled up the tank yet to find out what the ride home mpg was.

It hit 210* for about 30-45 seconds climbing 1 hill and the rest of the trip it would stay between 190*and 205*. Looks like I need to clean the stack again.

Pull that radiator, get it to Chris for coating and do the bug screen trick to ease future cleanings maybe. You guys are in same state- wonder how close you really are, might be worth driving over instead of shipping.

@MrMarty51 Let her pay off CC, then you have an empty CC to play with!!! Haha, ok maybe not, but it sounds fun at first-

Pull that radiator, get it to Chris for coating and do the bug screen trick to ease future cleanings maybe. You guys are in same state- wonder how close you really are, might be worth driving over instead of shipping.

@MrMarty51 Let her pay off CC, then you have an empty CC to play with!!! Haha, ok maybe not, but it sounds fun at first-

That’s what the plan is as soon as money permits it.

From my house he’s probably 1 1/2 hours. From where I work it didn’t take but 20 minutes to drive to where I picked my heater core up that he did for me.

I still haven’t had a chance to install the coated heater core yet.

And today, hit this milestone! Sure hope to get another 100k out of it. I think if the engine pukes,, having already redone the trans to bullet proof specs, (ok maybe not) I think I'll just take out 10K and do the drop in $8400 ready to rock optomizer and a few goodies, like SS oil lines, hoses belts, ect. and redo the leathers on the front seats, and have a 10K truck that'll last another 20 years!!

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
And today, hit this milestone! Sure hope to get another 100k out of it. I think if the engine pukes,, having already redone the trans to bullet proof specs, (ok maybe not) I think I'll just take out 10K and do the drop in $8400 ready to rock optomizer and a few goodies, like SS oil lines, hoses belts, ect. and redo the leathers on the front seats, and have a 10K truck that'll last another 20 years!!

You should easily see another 100K Miles. I’m at 217K on my ‘99 and my son’s ‘94 is at 290K.

Not a GMT 400, but replace the ignition lock assembly on my 2005 Honda Accord. Part was supposed to arrive last Friday which I had off, but it came on Saturday and my locksmith was closed. Telecommuted for work today and snuck out to get new keys cut for the new ignition lock. Already had transferred the immobilzer to the new assembly. Coder guts in the fobs were transferred to new fobs and keys were cut. Remotes operate the doors, but they require the old keys for manual entry. Apparently the Honda ignition locks are known for going out.

Attachments

• 4388E2C5-E7BE-4728-9B0E-483A282609AE.jpeg
    4388E2C5-E7BE-4728-9B0E-483A282609AE.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 2
I changed out the pulley and harmonic balancer yesterday. The pulley didn’t look to bad but the rubber on the HB started to crack and raise up some. D9E38FBE-D778-4881-9820-D57F3FDB7C73.jpegB0B9C18D-31DE-44F9-A93D-E0A36675D43C.jpeg74803845-8ACF-4BE2-8A26-F6983147CFBB.jpeg55D7014C-6187-4632-AB1C-615CAF63E622.jpegB9DF0B57-A8E7-45BD-82CF-7052E8094992.jpeg4406E1F0-ECA5-4820-8B33-FBAD1F184902.jpeg5DE1E929-0576-4C36-9F67-F404B78DA0CB.jpeg

Did the old and new have timing marks? Did you compare them? Mine looked much better than that and the outer ring had slipped.

Oooo
That is a saved crank and block right there.
If the pulley goes bad, it wont destroy th engine, but certainly doesn’t help. I had a habit of new balancer and pulley at same time.

I broke that rule when I dropped in my optimizer in. Then i had to replace just my pulley about 7-8,000 miles ago. I knew I was going to go with fluiddampr and under 70,000 miles on engine with it’s damper. So just a new pulley went on.

Now if have fluidampr and Leroy’s billet on the shelf for this refresh.

Did the old and new have timing marks? Did you compare them? Mine looked much better than that and the outer ring had slipped.

I didn’t pay any attention to the new HB for the timing mark. I didn’t think to compare them and see if the old one had slipped or not.

Back