• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Iirc they had minor cracks of sunrot on them back then. So that was some extra time/ mileage.

The old bfg tires sured used to be good. The newer compound is what seems to be giving the issues.

So cooper at3 seems to be one of the best goto truck tires now huh? Sons 01 dodge needs new shoes this year - set of 18” front and 20” rear (hate that but son doesn’t care). Then after that will be wifes escalade 20” all around.

pulled into the driveway and noticed a new leak. looks like the cooler lines. waiting for dark to cool it down and be able to see with a light instead of the sun shining down in my eyes.

Iirc they had minor cracks of sunrot on them back then. So that was some extra time/ mileage.

The old bfg tires sured used to be good. The newer compound is what seems to be giving the issues.

So cooper at3 seems to be one of the best goto truck tires now huh? Sons 01 dodge needs new shoes this year - set of 18” front and 20” rear (hate that but son doesn’t care). Then after that will be wifes escalade 20” all around.

Yes they had minor sun rot cracks. Ironically, the one with the most amount of tread went. The other is down to the wear bars and I was planning to go another 100 miles on it. Then I had another to replace it and bring down the tread of better one to near the wear bars. Pobably about 5K to 7K miles. Then I had two old ones from Paveltolz to run through.....probably about 15K miles. But the best laid plans are pointing to new tires tomorrow as this truck will soon be living in Montana.

i had 4 used, new looking, tires and one on the back separated and caved in the rearmost side of the bed.

The other old tire.......I ride these BFG AT KOs to the bitter end because I hate them. They don’t last worth a damn. I take great pride when I can wear one down to the bars.

Attachments

• AA6BC07B-6626-4492-99FF-770D117BEAF1.jpeg
    AA6BC07B-6626-4492-99FF-770D117BEAF1.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 2
Well @Big T thanks. You sent your luck my way with the tire problem.;)

I was driving down the road today and I felt the front end start to shake a little. I’ve been trying to get all the life I could out of these before I replaced them but looks like I’m just going to go ahead and buy a new set 3ED7B708-99F6-47D8-AA86-DC8DD8C20A20.jpeg

I was driving down the road today and I felt the front end start to shake a little. I’ve been trying to get all the life I could out of these before I replaced them but looks like I’m just going to go ahead and buy a new set View attachment 53445
What brand/style?

I was driving down the road today and I felt the front end start to shake a little. I’ve been trying to get all the life I could out of these before I replaced them but looks like I’m just going to go ahead and buy a new set View attachment 53445

That's me! You got pretty close on the wear, but your belt separation radar is slooooooooooooow.

I put new Cooper AT3s on the rear. Should be good for awhile, but I will sneak the old BFGs on during the cooler months.

Last edited:
I will have to check my BFG's for "Bad Example" @Big T separation. Might get some warranty on them. Otherwise they are holding Patch up during repairs.

a month back I did the dreaded Evap core behind the dash, yep had 80% of that thing out. tilted and lifted to schooch by to get them darn case bolts out. But the reward was a cabin I can hang meat in again. 95F a few weeks back and had 52f at the dash vent. on high idle in driveway. Once out on the open road, it's about 15 mins before the kids are begging me to put it on rear control so they can warm back up some.

Yesterday, I did the cargo area and frt carpets with the Rug Doctor machine I rented from the grocery store, that I did the house carpet with on Friday.

Did a plastic coat center on my old alum rims, now it has a ralley wheel look050.jpg

Attachments

• 20180722_182144.jpg
    20180722_182144.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180712_105722.jpg
    20180712_105722.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180616_121310.jpg
    20180616_121310.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
last week, pulled into the drive, noticed a large oil leak. it was the oem cooler line that decided it had enough. added oil and still had 3 quarts left in the crankcase. Leroy's on vacation, just my luck. used plugs to block off but was getting zero pressure once warm. parked it.
changed the OPS with an AC Delco and made a relay for it.
when he returned i drove to his house in the Jetta. got the braided lines and new cooler. used less than a gallon of diesel and saved shipping. put them in last sunday: no leaks and 30 psi at hot idle.
i was sweating bullets hoping i didn't damage the engine or turbo. so glad i didn't have a longer drive planned for that day.

Back