• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Drove to Billings yesterday, pulling a tandem axle trailer, empty.
With boost working as it should, never any black smoke, boost went to 11 pounds on several occasions, just before it jumped out of over drive and exhaust temp never went above 1000 degrees.
It sure is nice when it all functions as it should. LOL

Replaced the Lift Pump on the Silverado again. Second one in 2018. Lost it coming back from Arizona about the time I hit the Utah state line at Bluff. Limped in to the nearest O'Reilly's and swapped it out in the parking lot. A lot easier going OEM to OEM vs. restoring from an Air Dog. So much for the 1993 LPs being better. Lasted 4 months and maybe 1500 miles.

Replaced the Lift Pump on the Silverado again. Second one in 2018. Lost it coming back from Arizona about the time I hit the Utah state line at Bluff. Limped in to the nearest O'Reilly's and swapped it out in the parking lot. A lot easier going OEM to OEM vs. restoring from an Air Dog. So much for the 1993 LPs being better. Lasted 4 months and maybe 1500 miles.

Is that the AC DELCO EP158?
You running with a fuel pressure gauge you can read from the driver’s seat?- what, dont like burning up injection pumps!!

Is that the AC DELCO EP158?
You running with a fuel pressure gauge you can read from the driver’s seat?- what, dont like burning up injection pumps!!
Theoretically it was the EP158. Yes on the Fuel Pressure Gauge at eye level. That's how I noticed the first instance earlier this year and this one. Not a fan of burning up IPs which is why both times I fill up every 100 miles and added much more two stroke than normal until I could get the IP replaced.
The LP I put in wasn't the EP158 and I've ordered one from Rock Auto. My normal luck is that I get the one part that's bad or, the example of today's parts being substandard with a very high failure acceptance rate.
I rebuilt the Air Dog and swapped in AN fittings so I just might go with that again. At least it lasted a few years.

Theoretically?
The EP158 is the good one. Some people realized it was listed as a replacement number by some suppliers and said go with one for a 93. There are tons of mfrs and part numbers that fit 93. All the testing we did, the EP158 is the one that lasted the longest, had best pressure,best volume and one way check valve always worked. And while the airtex E3158 (got a kick out of play on numbers) did the worst, other AC Delco units were newr the bottom of the list.

I always recommend it based this and on so many people unwilling to make major modifications, or spend big money. There are a few aftermarket lp that swamp the EP158 in every category except initial cost.

Back