• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

I’m also using two fuel filters which perhaps is causing a lower output with the primary being 14 micron and the secondary a racor 2 micron.With that said I still need a much better lift pump anyway.I hear good things about the carter P4601 but what do you guys recommend these days?Also in my last post it’s supposed to read 9psi with key on/engine off.Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Here’s the finished product from earlier.All painted up and good to go.There was a couple holes in the firewall to begin with so I used one of those with a grommet to prevent chaffing.Just a matter now of upgrading to a better lift pump.I was told the raptor is really good so I’ll definitely look into that.

Attachments

• IMG_7619.jpeg
    IMG_7619.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7621.jpeg
    IMG_7621.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 18
Perfect.Thank you👍

Looks like the raptor is what I’ll go with.I read they have a built in regulator that can be adjusted so that sounds really good.
Please post a link when you order.
I'm on Fluidampr and 2000 Honda CR-V right now.

Hopefully I'll be to Injection Pump harness and fuel pressure gauge soon.

I tried to not notice engine oil cooler lines leaking today.
I should do those while I have the fan out.
Any advice on installing the fan - it's a 4 bolt. I have absolutely no feel for tight.

There's not enough room for the torque wrench on a socket.

I wonder if I could use the torque wrench and crows foot line wrench?

What would I torque it to with the 1/2" crows foot, 3/8" drive?

Please post a link when you order.
I'm on Fluidampr and 2000 Honda CR-V right now.

Hopefully I'll be to Injection Pump harness and fuel pressure gauge soon.

I tried to not notice engine oil cooler lines leaking today.
I should do those while I have the fan out.
Any advice on installing the fan - it's a 4 bolt. I have absolutely no feel for tight.

There's not enough room for the torque wrench on a socket.

I wonder if I could use the torque wrench and crows foot line wrench?

What would I torque it to with the 1/2" crows foot, 3/8" drive?
I have a 01 duramax fan blade on the way along with a 98 Hayden fan clutch to go on my 96 gmc but tighten the bolts firmly with a wrench and you’ll be good to go.Apply loctite if it makes you feel at ease as well.

Sure.No problem at all on posting a link.I’ll probably buy a raptor in a few weeks or so.

The 6 bolt fan clutch is a new Hayden I bought only 2-3 yrs ago but it has seen very little usage.I’ll put that 6 bolt clutch on my other 96 Chevy truck since it could use a new fan clutch anyway.

Sure that’s not a problem.Basically the lower intake is from a F code engine so no EGR passage to worry about.This truck used to have EGR but I wanted the F code intake instead.I kept the solenoids plugged in and capped off the vacuum line that used to go to the EGR valve.

I bought a 3 bolt stainless steel flange from eBay and traced out the top part of the plenum and cut the steel plate with a plasma cutter.

I’ll take a few pictures of it tomorrow and let you have a better look at it.

I have a 01 duramax fan blade on the way along with a 98 Hayden fan clutch to go on my 96 gmc but tighten the bolts firmly with a wrench and you’ll be good to go.Apply loctite if it makes you feel at ease as well.

Sure.No problem at all on posting a link.I’ll probably buy a raptor in a few weeks or so.

The 6 bolt fan clutch is a new Hayden I bought only 2-3 yrs ago but it has seen very little usage.I’ll put that 6 bolt clutch on my other 96 Chevy truck since it could use a new fan clutch anyway.
I have absolutely no feel for tight. I've done plenty before.
I've lost 3/4 of my strength in the last few years.

I have to torque or get somebody else to do it.

I had to use a big screwdriver to hold it and 2 long wrenches together to break the nuts lose.
Even after breaking them lose the first time, I had to use the double wrenches for 2 pulls..

I have absolutely no feel for tight. I've done plenty before.
I've lost 3/4 of my strength in the last few years.

I have to torque or get somebody else to do it.

I had to use a big screwdriver to hold it and 2 long wrenches together to break the nuts lose.
Even after breaking them lose the first time, I had to use the double wrenches for 2 pulls..

Ok.Sorry to hear about that.The torque on those bolts is not much.Its only 18ft/lbs which isn’t a whole lot.Be sure to loctite those.

it's been raining... last night we had a decent down pour with more rain off and on during the day today. this morning getting into the truck going to work, I noticed one spot on my seat near the door was wet! I looked and looked for where the water was getting in at but didn't see anything.

After work I decided to give the truck a good look over to see what or where it came in at. looking at the door seal (which I had replaced this last summer) I spotted where it was getting in. Right about the middle of the door the seal was wet down below and so was the inner area of the door.

looking everything over I also notice when the drivers door was closed, the top area seemed to be lifted out slightly more than the rear door. the body and door lines weren't level or even but the rest of the door was down past the entry handle to the bottom. So I proceeded to lower the window and brace my knee up against the door at t he bottom of the window area while grabbing hold of the top of the door trying to tweak the top inward some. I really didn't have to put much force on it and now when I close the door the top door lines for the driver door is just a hair further in pressing up against the door seal than the rear door.

Not too sure what caused this but I hope that stops the water from getting in. Were supposed to get quite a bit more rain tomorrow!

Starting on post 505

Ok.Sorry to hear about that.The torque on those bolts is not much.Its only 18ft/lbs which isn’t a whole lot.Be sure to loctite those.
I'm guessing I will need to set the torque for less using the crows foot.
.any thoughts on a good setting?

The crows foot I have is line wrench style like these.

I'm guessing I will need to set the torque for less using the crows foot.
.any thoughts on a good setting?

The crows foot I have is line wrench style like these.

I think it will be tough trying to get a crow foot in there so I’d probably double wrench it instead to give it a little more leverage.Then you should be okay.

Back