• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to other motorists?

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to other motorists?

• Total voters
Pretty sure that would be considered aggressive driving in most states, not to mention that if you try it on the wrong person it could be perceived as a kidnap/hijack attempt. That might get you a very unexpected surprise involving large expenditures of ammunition.

This message was brought to you by the letters N, S, and A, and sponsored by the colors red, white and blue.

Sounds like fun, I like a challenge! :thumbsup:

Than stay the hell out of the fast lane and I will leave you alone.

I love people trying to cut me off from another lane because they don't want to wait then all of a sudden think twice about it when they see I'm not slowing down to let them in.

Sounds like fun, I like a challenge! :thumbsup:

Than stay the hell out of the fast lane and I will leave you alone.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Try forcing someone to the side of the road in this area and there's a real good chance you'll find yourself on the wrong end of an HK in the hands of a truly pissed off Diplomatic Protective Services officer, or any of a couple of dozen other heavy hitting law enforcement agencies. Hell, I know a local judge who keeps at least one full auto weapon in the vehicle with him at all times, and he would not hesitate for an eye blink to blow your ass away if you tried that little maneuver on him. He's been the subject of a lot of death threats over the years and has had a few try and do exactly what you describe. One is dead, two others are still in prison.

But hey, your choice.

Some lady in a corolla yapping on the phone today doing less than 50 in a 70 (in the left lane of course) got a 70W LED treat from behind. She moved over.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Try forcing someone to the side of the road in this area and there's a real good chance you'll find yourself on the wrong end of an HK in the hands of a truly pissed off Diplomatic Protective Services officer, or any of a couple of dozen other heavy hitting law enforcement agencies. Hell, I know a local judge who keeps at least one full auto weapon in the vehicle with him at all times, and he would not hesitate for an eye blink to blow your ass away if you tried that little maneuver on him. He's been the subject of a lot of death threats over the years and has had a few try and do exactly what you describe. One is dead, two others are still in prison.

But hey, your choice.

So you're saying that the federal LEOs around DC are mindless pricks? Imagine that...

But hey, your choice.

:rolleyes5:

I voted other. Hate it when you have a trailer and are driving down the road doing the speed limit and someone is waiting to turn on to the road you are on. As soon as they see the trailer behind you they decide it is better for them to be in front of you so they pull out. But instead of speeding up they take their sweet a$$ time and make you slow down.

I think that everyone should have to tow a trailer before they get a drivers license so they can see how trucks don't stop on a dime or speed up fast...

Colby

Colby, that's a bad idea because the inexperience of those idiots- you know how many of them would kill themselves in... A...rollover...

Colby, that's a great idea!!!

Shitty blue/purple bulbs in shitty aftermarket headlamps in shitty little cars.

You are not cool anymore. Go home.

Ok, seeing as this thread is coming back to life . . .

Try living in an area where two statistics are at odds: 1) ~60% of DC metro area drivers feel that they are better than the average driver, and 2) The DC metro area recently took top rating in the US as having the most dangerous roads (as measured by collisions) due to poor drivers. Go figure! :mad2:

New item to ponder: High intensity LED bicycle lights. No DOT requirements for a bicyclist riding at night (at least here in Maryland) means that for ~$90 (each) a health enthusiast and about a dozen buddies can mindlessly blind oncoming traffic in the name of staying fit. :thumbsup:

And 'bump' on the comments about tailgating and irresponsible passing. I lost count how many times I was 'flashed' to get out of either the middle or right lanes (yes, really, flashed to move left while in the right most lane) just so the person in back of me could catch-up to the vehicle in front of me. Clearly it was my bad for wanting to keep a reasonable trailing distance . . . I just let them go about their business and if the driving is truly that bad I either call the uniformed folks with a position report, or the HR department if there is a corporate logo. My approach is simple: do what you want, just leave me out of it.

New item to ponder: High intensity LED bicycle lights. No DOT requirements for a bicyclist riding at night (at least here in Maryland) means that for ~$90 (each) a health enthusiast and about a dozen buddies can mindlessly blind oncoming traffic in the name of staying fit. :thumbsup:
AKA - Death wish lighting. At least the suvivors will have a clear view of the carnage they caused while staying fit.

But hey, your choice.

Bernie,

You're an idiot.

Sincerely, other hard hitting LE agencies that would take your H&K from you and beat you with it. Stop opening your mouth like you are somebody. Nobody cares. Diplomatic Protective Services? Might want to shoot a little higher next time.

Driving slow in the fast lane is just plain wrong as well as talking, texting on cell phone and not paying attention to what you are doing.....

People anywhere outside of the Autobahn system that drive like there is a 'fast lane' :lmao::rofl: (Sorry, could not resist.)

Some lady in a corolla yapping on the phone today doing less than 50 in a 70 (in the left lane of course) got a 70W LED treat from behind. She moved over.

There are days that I troll the interstate looking for just that. I find them too. The outcome is usually different than yours though.

Back