• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to other motorists?

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to other motorists?

• Total voters
I see a new project for your brother Bison: how to connect a car battery to a trailer hitch (security and education). Sucks that is the way it is. I leave my keys in my truck and my house is always unlocked. I hate when I can't do that, it makes me sad. I would gladly share anything I have with anyone (and love to do the same!). Just ask! Bums me out when people have to steal something.

Took me a couple years of talking to the old guys in my neighborhood to build the relationships, now they say it is like the old days again: every one watches out for each other and knows each other. And the tiller sits down in the field by the gardens. And my end of the 3 acre field/pasture/meadow got mowed today. I have been working too much and have not gotten to it. They know when I come and go and know we have a 6 month old baby. I love that feeling.

Stealing sucks.
Same here,i live 30 mls from town and my house and shop are never locked and the keys are left in the vehicles ignition.
In town its a diff story though.

Bro is carpenter and all over the place,he finds it a hassle to remove the hitch, i told 'm to put a lock on the pin,..he rather seems to buy hitches.

We have on occassion used our hitches pretty regularly. We do not take them out in an accident I would rather have them back there than flying around the vehicle with me. There was a guy not far from here that got killed by his bowling ball. I'm sure a hitch would do the same type of damage.
We had several hitches stolen - one I never used - til I replaced the pins with 5/8 grade 8 bolts, double nutted.

If somebody can get the ball mount out of mine they're better than I am. 3# hammer wouldn't budge it for me.

I chained mine up to my tractor and tried to jerk it out, no go. I had to cut the receiver apart and weld a new one in. A friend of mine couldn't get his out either, he went for a couple hour drive in a rain storm and forgot to put the pin back in and lost it.:hihi:

If somebody can get the ball mount out of mine they're better than I am. 3# hammer wouldn't budge it for me.

Best I could do on short notice:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 43
'ROUND-THE-WORLD LEFT TURN'= someone who signals a left turn and never cancels the signal for M I L E S, and yet with vehicle "BODY LANGUAGE" IE braking, swerving...slowing..... you expect him to actually make that turn, but never does.

Also no headlights at night..... no dash lights you cannot see your gauges..... yet they refuse to turn them on.

Oh summer time is coming, we get daylight here til about 10:45 pm, so you can expect HARLEYS accellerating very hard in the burbs, we live in a bowl, you can hear them for miles.... Also those badly tuned lifted ford turbo diesels with straight pipe doing exactly the same thing, doing at least 50mph in a school zone....past my house. ( I like a loud nicely tuned turbo diesel :drool5: ) I'd be embarassed to have one of those making tones of bad noise, big smoke, no show.... a vw van out performs them, I swear some of the pistons are banging on the driveshaft...

While I am driving Semi the vehicle I am passing speeds up just enough so I can not pass. Leaving me stuck in the fast lane long enough for traffic to pile up behind me. Makes me look like the ass as the cars pass afterwards flipping me off for holding up the fast lane. Shortly after completing the pass only to have the same car speed up enough to repeat the process no matter how much I slow to get away from him/her. I do not believe in 17 years of truck driving I have gone a day without a car or multiple doing this to some extent.

My cars/trucks must have a magnetic attraction because I have pepole that I see way behind me catch up to me (Im on cruise control BTW) then they slow down and just hover right next to me for a mile or so then speed off again:dunno:

Another thing I hate: driving up to a red light I have my right turn signal on way in advance so maybe car in front will see it and the car ahead of me (we are in right lane) stays in the right lane and stops at the light, so now I have to sit there and wait on the light instead of just being able to make my turn. Im always looking behind me for the same condition and if I can get over to the left lane so others can make thier right turns.

Another thing I liked (but have only seen in Okanawa JP) is drivers (at night) waiting across at the light will turn off the head lights leaving parking lights on. When they get the green thier headlights come back on.

I have found in different regions pepole drive differently. For example when you get out into the country highways pepole are more inclined to get out of the fast lane except for passing (although lately not so much).
Around some parts here we have a two lane with a big shoulder, if a driver comes up behind you are expected to move off to the shoulder so they can pass, it works real nice.

One last thing if you don't like the way I drive then stay off the sidewalks.:driving:

People driving with there brights on all the time. I will leave it at this as I can go off for hours on how much this PISSES ME OFF!

Today (maybe an hour ago) I pulled off the 4 lane highway and onto a 2 lane and a car that was waiting on me to make my left turn across oncoming traffic so he could pull straight across the 4 lane rapidly crossed and got close enough I couldn't see his head lights, that's close considering I don't have a tail gate on the dmax. I brake check a couple times and he goes to pass as I speed up, I get to 75 and he hasn't made it around and there is traffic coming and he has been in a no passing zone the whole time. So he gets back behind me and rides me for 5 miles and passed in a no passing zone. There are idiots out there.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

people that cant use mirrors, or have no idea the size of their vehicle, and either ride the center line (we know two older brothers that will ride the center of a 2 lane with a ford ranger. shit drivers IMO) or will be so scared of a semi on the interstate they go over the yellow, and of course catch all the gravel in the rumble strips and launch it to rearward traffic. dude, you are in a small SUV with the tiniest u-haul they rent, you are not a oversize load, hold your lane and quit chucking gravel at my windshield!!!

I would be more pissed if I actually had a good windshield, but luckily cracks, bullseyes and gravel chipping on all. :) the current bare chassis gooseneck truck looks like it got shot or hit a bird on the upper right, but its out of sight, out of mind, it the wipers dont hit it, its not an issue! :)

Merging!
Why does the DMV focus on parallel parking when people don't know how to merge getting on and off of the freeway? Crash a parked car at 5 mph because you don't know how to park -great. Taking out a car or two with your car at 45mph while they are doing 65 mph- not so great.

Merging!
Why does the DMV focus on parallel parking when people don't know how to merge getting on and off of the freeway?

Would you rather have them out there on the roads trying to merge, or parked safely out of the way somewhere? :D

We have a huge Asian population and most got their licenses from Cereal box's, most can be found in the left lane on ANY 2-3-4 lane road doing the speed limit or less causing backlogs that would make you pull your hair out. You can honk, high beam, tail gate and they won't move, when you finally get around them, they look at you like WTF is YOUR problem? :nonod:

While I am driving Semi the vehicle I am passing speeds up just enough so I can not pass. Leaving me stuck in the fast lane long enough for traffic to pile up behind me. Makes me look like the ass as the cars pass afterwards flipping me off for holding up the fast lane. Shortly after completing the pass only to have the same car speed up enough to repeat the process no matter how much I slow to get away from him/her. I do not believe in 17 years of truck driving I have gone a day without a car or multiple doing this to some extent.

Your not the only one, they do this with cars/trucks too. :skep:

My cars/trucks must have a magnetic attraction because I have pepole that I see way behind me catch up to me (Im on cruise control BTW) then they slow down and just hover right next to me for a mile or so then speed off again:dunno:
:

This. Happened to me coming back from Spokane a few weeks ago, cruise on 75mph, minding my own business, Exploder comes flying by then after 5 mins, moves over to the slow lane where I am then slows down blocking me, so I get around him and he speeds up???? So we play this cat and mouse game for a good 30 mins, meanwhile, I am still on cruise control, lol. Finally, I have had enough and bury the speedo to get away from him, he still trys to catch up later but gives up. An hour later, a woman in an import starts to do the same thing again, sigh, :mad2:

Slow drivers in the fast lane........I love them! :thumbsup:

When I see a slow driver in the fast lane I force them over. I will pass them, get in front of them, and slow down. Once they get over to a lane toward there right I will drive off. As I drive off If they get back over(in the fast lane), I will get them again. But, worst, I will force them all the way over.

This is only if I am not in a hurry.

If posted in Texas it is against the law. I have no clue if it is enforced.

It gets me really hot when I'm pulling a 48' enclosed loaded and some butt wipe has to cut me off just to make his turn. I have really good brakes and a loud freaking horn, but I'm afraid somebody is going to cut it to short one day and get plowed.

Slow drivers in the fast lane........I love them! :thumbsup:

When I see a slow driver in the fast lane I force them over. I will pass them, get in front of them, and slow down. Once they get over to a lane toward there right I will drive off. As I drive off If they get back over(in the fast lane), I will get them again. But, worst, I will force them all the way over.

This is only if I am not in a hurry.

If posted in Texas it is against the law. I have no clue if it is enforced.

Pretty sure that would be considered aggressive driving in most states, not to mention that if you try it on the wrong person it could be perceived as a kidnap/hijack attempt. That might get you a very unexpected surprise involving large expenditures of ammunition.

This message was brought to you by the letters N, S, and A, and sponsored by the colors red, white and blue.

Back