• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to other motorists?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

1. Not signaling when changing lanes.
2. Driving slowly in the fast lane.
3. Using the shoulder or extra road way to pass a line of cars only to force their way in at the last second.
4. Listening to music too loudly (you can hear and feel the music in your vehicle).
5. Weaving between lanes.
6. Other

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

I voted the loud music. I can't stand the volume cranked, unlike some of my buddies. kinda pisses me off when I see white trash going along is some shitty little car with the windows vibrating and their kid in the back seat. child abuse IMO. When your rusted out fender vibrates with the sound system, I am not impressed by your "quality" sound system, I am disgusted that you spend your money that way, rather than maintainig the vehicle.

I like factory radios, factory speakers, and I listen to it quietly, just loud enough to hear, still able to pick up any odd noises from the truck, and hold a conversation with the passenger. when my 91 gasser came OEM with two speakers (WT package) , and now only one works, 4 speakers in any of the other rigs is some pretty awesome surround sound! :)

This is a tuff one. More than one of those things piss me off.

I picked cars in the fast lane going slow. That one makes my blood boil. :thumbsup:

My biggest peeve is waiting at an intersection for a vehicle that hasn't signaled to go by, and they turn. Then you have to wait again for the one behind them.

I voted not signaling but not turning lights on in low light conditions frosts my ass too. I KNOW you can see asshole... I want to be able to see you!

That's been one of my pet peeves for years. Another is following to closely. They made it a felony to speed in Illinois and now they are passing a law for no court supervision if you are traveling over 20 mph over the limit. But more accidents and probably deaths are caused by following to closely/reckless driving. Not that i think we need anymore laws on the subject they just need to write more tickets for it. It's already against the law. Maybe they should make that a felony too.

Some of the anti-gun Chitcago legislator's agenda is to make as many crimes, felonies as possible to reduce the number of legal gun owners

I voted not signaling but not turning lights on in low light conditions frosts my ass too. I KNOW you can see asshole... I want to be able to see you!

Car stopped on red light changing to green light, ambulance approaching intersection gets the red light, car pulls out and proceeds to cut off the ambulance..:skep:..ambulance hits the binders and stops to keep from slamming the idiot......lights change.....another car and pickup this time.....another ambulance.... THE SAME SENARIO!..Car and pickup stopped on red light changing to green light, ambulance approaching intersection gets the red light, car and pickup pull out and proceed to cut off the ambulance!!!!!! :crazy: that is 3 yes three vehicles that cut off ambulances in a matter of a couple of minutes! I really wish I had a dashboard cam!

Not dimming high beams. Scary as they are too blind, inattention, or DWI to do so. Old age is big a factor out here to blind.

Aliens driving without a driver's license, insurance, registration, knowing the rules, and DWI/falling asleep. No ID means the cops generally let them go as they can't do nothing to them. Even turning them over to the INS gets them released now. Some cops in CA feel sorry for the Aliens, will tell you so when you are in the ER after an accident, and feel bad about impounding their wrecked vehicle for 30 days for no ID. This is enough to say F# MPG I need a big vehicle and higher minimums on MY insurance.
DWI includes being high on drugs.

Slamming brakes for a yellow light. Not safe for back seat passengers.

Red light/speed cameras. They screw up the flow of traffic with sudden speed changes on open roads and smoking tires on yellow lights.

There are 15 gas pumps, and 1 pump with diesel. ALL the other pumps are EMPTY, and there is a tree hugger in a hybrid taking the ONLY diesel pump space. GRINDS MY GIZZARD.
Makes it even worse when they go inside to pay, and get their coffee and donut, and BS with their buddy they meet, and hold up the growing line of diesel vehicles waiting on the pump.

Voted 'other'.. x2 for tailgating, despise this... Purely antagonistic.

X3 here. I've had cars so close that I thought they were hooked on the hitch.

mind you the one's that hide in the rear corners and sit there no matter if you speed up/slow down, the just do the same speed as you.

Suicidal murdering Idiots that pass me or traffic in the oposite lane on single lane highways with posted no passing signs, and than either have to slam the brakes or cut one off to avoid an accident cause there's a car or truck coming up in the other lane, same when it is foggy or snowing hard and one can't see dick all.

My biggest peeve is waiting at an intersection for a vehicle that hasn't signaled to go by, and they turn. Then you have to wait again for the one behind them.

x2! x3! x10!

And then he does the same thing...

x 100! x1000!

Yep, I agree, Mike. That's why I like Canada's DRL law. The other part that frosts me is people who don't realize that even though their DRL module turns on their headlights, they have NO tail-lights ubless they turn on the lights in many vehicles!!

I always turn on my lights. Always. It's just part of defensive driving to assume the other guys is retarded, but at least I can make sure they see me!

Voted driving slow in fast lane, that annoys me the most, but everything on that list makes me lose hope in humanity...

Lots of those, but anyone going slower than people in the right lane pissed me off.
Tailgating on the other hand, doesn't affect me at all. Watch the road in front of you, not behind you.
And tailgating usually occurs because you are pissing off another driver!! By going slow, excessive braking, or driving like a dumbass

I'm not so concerned about them tailgating me. I move over and let them by. I see it all the time whenever I'm on the roads & just about every multicar accident has tailgating as part of the eqation

Back