• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tread Wright is finally producing the BFG KO knock off!!!

i have 2 guard dogs on my truck for winter tires and my truck gets around pretty dam well for a 2wd. i have been amazed by these tires more than once this winter. my next tires are gonna be tread wrights too

Has anyone else had bad luck lately with Treadwrights? Mine aren't looking so good. The fronts have the tread worn really weird. There is like 3 sections of tread that are worn together at a taper and then it repeats. (kind of hard to explain)
The back tires are worn bald in spots and have a lot of tread in other spots. All the pictures are of the same part of the tire. Just different angles.
2013-05-21_12-58-28_374
2013-05-21_12-59-17_238
2013-05-21_12-59-13_141
2013-05-21_12-59-08_168
2013-05-21_12-58-43_533

I have the same issue with my BFG ATs, but they do have 30K miles on them. I blame it on one hard panic stop where I locked the tires for a long distance.

Nothing so far on my claws - but they are only a thousand miles old. First set of mud tires, and I'm having the new tire/less rubber in contact with road/duramax problem - can't put the pedal to the floor anymore... ;)

Maybe they are out of balance? 6 years is pretty old for shocks. I think they should be swapped every 30,000 miles? Maybe someone can confirm that?

Did a google search on this and most common reasons for flat spot wear on tires is: 1) under inflation while sitting unused for awhile, and 2) locking up wheel in hard stop from high speed.

My brother is running the treadwright guard dog tires on his Jeep Cherokee, he bought them used off a guy who got a size too big. They still look like new after 15K. Not a single blow out or hole yet. If the difference in cost is there i wouldnt hesitate in running a set myself.

I thought about running these tires because of their cheap price. But after finding the new coopers for roughly $40 more each, I figured its just worth it to go with the new coopers for that small bump up in price.

I thought about running these tires because of their cheap price. But after finding the new coopers for roughly $40 more each, I figured its just worth it to go with the new coopers for that small bump up in price.

This would be the only reason i would contemplate buying reman tires. If the price difference is substantial between the two then its a no brainer, but like you found may not be worth it by the time shipping is calculated in.

By the time I got the ones I bought shipped and mounted I still saved a few hundred dollars. Was more than worth it for me. Zero problems with them.

I just found out Friday that Cooper has moved their operation out of the country too. My tire guy says that Michelin, some Goodyear, and some Kelly tires were all he could get still made in the USA and Canada. I hope there are a few more left. We were discussing car tires at the time.

My Generals were made in the good ole USA. Funny cause I know they are made in Mexico too. I assumed that mine (bought in Mexico) would be Mexican made. I guess some of NAFTA worked?

I just found out Friday that Cooper has moved their operation out of the country too. My tire guy says that Michelin, some Goodyear, and some Kelly tires were all he could get still made in the USA and Canada. I hope there are a few more left. We were discussing car tires at the time.

I checked on equivalent Cooper ATs in the 16" 275 R 75 size and they were over $200, whereas the TreadWright Wardens are like $113. Of course, you need to add $97 to ship them. I just haven't been that impressed with my BFG ATs only going 35K miles.

I want to get some treadwrights for my 95 Green Beast. Its fronts are getting flat spots @ ~60k (gdyr workhorse) and the rears have 30k and over 50% tread (hankook MT). I bet treadwrights would fit its driving style nicely.

BFGs are not as good since Michelin bought them. Which I find strange.
They used to last over 60k. My last set were shot in about 30k. I don't plan to buy them again, that's for sure.
I will consider treadwrights on my next truck.

Back