• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tread Wright is finally producing the BFG KO knock off!!!

I've used retreads on big trucks without problems and they were likely glued on.
The only thing is they couldn't be used for steering tires here.

Can the TreadWright's be used for steering tires?

Hey Treadwright, are you planning on adding/changing tread patterns for the 235/85 R16 E? I'd really like to see something like Cooper's STT tread pattern.

Just a thought :D :D

I am probably going to go with 235/85/16 Crawler MTs on my other dually in the spring. But I really wish they had that size in the Guard Dog tread pattern.

Hint, hint.

Glad I found this thread and forum! I just blew a Firestone tire today and since I don't plan on keeping my truck for more than a year, I decided to try some Treadwrights! My only concern is the rubber cracking from the hot NM Summers, but that has happened to the tires on both my truck and my wife's car.

Last night I pulled the trigger and ordered me a set of the warden ats with kedge grip size 265 75 16.

I'm really hoping these tires stand up to these reviews. I heard lots of crap from friends about retreads. I really want to shut them up and prove them wrong after that smack talk.

I will keep the forum posted with my results.

i have the guard dogs with kedge grip on my truck and have had them for over a year now and they are an excelent tire for being a M/T they have lasted quite well. still lots of miles to be had out of them.

Well after reading more reviews and kind one where a guy had a blow out with the retread, they replaced it free of charge but that tire too blew out and they refused to replace it stating that it was the customers fault.

I would rather not take any chance with the retreads right now so yesturday I went ahead and canceld my order for the tires.

I found general grabber at2 tires for only slightly more then $100 over the retreads.

I have a pretty good feeling the retread blowing more than once was from low pressure or something other than the tire itself being bad. I am ordering a set of 285's for my 95 around christmas.

i have to agree with Tanner im not braggin here but i have seriousely over loaded my tires and had no problems but them again i didnt drive 70mph either, i would bet there is more to the story of blowing 2 different tires than you where told. i could see one but 2 seems like they where doing something wrong based on my personal expeince

i have the guard dogs with kedge grip on my truck and have had them for over a year now and they are an excelent tire for being a M/T they have lasted quite well. still lots of miles to be had out of them.

I know, I'm dragging up an old thread, but assuming I get a job lined up, I'll be looking at some load D or E tires for my truck. When I bought it, it had an aggressive A/T load c tire on it...can't think of what they are at the moment.

But, I'm debating between the guard dog & the Warden. Also, I have no lift or level, but would like to get 285/75R16's with kedge grip. May have to go Guard Dog seeing as how it appears the warden is sold out... And I noticed on another thread that Mike (btfarm) mentioned that the warden tires kick up gravel (which isn't good, because I LOVE gravel roads - though I suppose I could invest in mud flaps?).

So, can anyone vouch for these choices?

As far as retreads go - I've bought 3 or 4 sets over the years, and never had an issue with them. Put probably 40-50k+ miles on each set. I've always gotten the Sentinel before, but I want to go with a little more aggressive. I like the look of the guard dog, but I think I'm afraid of excessive wear and also possibly less grip, because visually, it looks like there's larger gaps which equals less grip compared to the other tires? Just going off of what it looks like, that's all.

iv got that exact tire guard dog with kedge in 285/75 16 load E on BFG casings and iv never had a better tire. they do get some rocks stuck in the tread but iv got flabs on. its mostly the rocks from in my half mud half rock driveway.

What carcasses are used? For example, if I ordered 5 Wardens or 5 Sentinels what would the lettering on the sidewall look like? Are they all BFG sidewalls?

They are whatever carcasses pass their inspection process. They do their best to give you 4 of the same name but depends on supply and demand. My tires came on Les Schwab Toyo casings.

mine are all bfg's you can click a check box that says you want them all to be the same and if they dont have it they will call you IIRC

Well again ive been thinking about bout ordering tires from them. I recently found out on their site that there are now putting their own name on the tires side walls.

Come spring time I think im gonna order me up some 285 75 16 guard dogs

Yes some tires have a bead to bead recap. Solves the issue of miss matched carcasses.

Pm treadright on here, they reply pretty quick.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Back