• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tread Wright is finally producing the BFG KO knock off!!!

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/.../category/categoryid/15/sename/265-75R16.aspx

They call is the "Warden" series.

Currently I run the "Sentinel" series on my truck and have been very very pleased. The "Sentinel" is a Bridgestone Revo A/T knock off.

Next time I will be all over the "Wardens"!

A good way to recycle (Greenies), save money, and get a superior product (lasts forever and DEEP tread).

... I have no affiliation to Tread Wright, just happy with the BFG knockoffs as I think it is the best tire tread made.

My truck will be due for tires in about a year probably. I really can't afford the $1100 bill for new ones. I've been really leaning towards treadwright. How long have you been running on them? How many miles have/are you getting out of them?

My in-laws bought a truck last year that had some tires sold by Les Schwab (not their tire, some off brand I can't think of the name right now) that were some BFG KO appearance knockoff's. They only lasted about 20k miles before they were worn out. I hope treadwright's would last a lot longer than that. It's tough to find anything on real world mileage out of treadwrights.

By mid spring I will need some new tires, and the prices on these are great. I would really like to hear some real world experience on these tires. Much better price with these then the $1100 or so I would have to shell out for the BFG T/A KO's I want. Only downfall is they don't have an E rated 285 tire. I was wanting to bump up to that size, but I would be just fine keeping the 265 size on the truck.

Depending on what I hear, I really like these, might be the next set on the truck.
http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/product/tabid/61/productid/63/sename/26570r17-guard-dog-mt-e.aspx

idk iv seen so many retreads blow my brother used to work at heartland tire and from what iv gatherd they where always fixing blow outs

for that price on 285-75-16 i may be willing to go with them as well and sence i dont tow all the heavy a D is enough for me. the only thing that worries me is blow outs. im not scared of changing a tire but if a stear tire blows at highway speeds in a pickup it could get hairy

That is why I want to hear more about these tires. If someone is getting good results from them, I would be willing to look into them. I have never delt with retreads, so I would like some more first hand info about them.

yeah I was looking at that too....could almos get away with the load range d.....wonder what ply they claim on those d rated tires

ya i bought some cooper discover st/c's and they are 8ply and they just seemed to wear down fast could be that they are A/t style tread bought them last xmas and they have maybe 30%- 40% tread left

I went with D on my 255/85s beacuse the Interco wasn't available in E, however by looking at the numbers, the bigger size tire has equal or more weight capacity than the smaller E rated tire. Still not 10 ply but more than able to carry the weight.

The retread question has been argued for ages, I doubt anyone is ever going to change peoples minds about retreads blowing out. I've read a lot that would indicate that retread tires actually are not prone to blowouts, one of the bigger (Bandag?) retreaders states that most of the "gators" you see on the road are actually separated carcasses from new tires, not retreads.

I think if I were buying a tire that Joe Shadetree retreaded in his basement I'd be worried, but I doubt DOT would approve these tires if they weren't held to stringent standards. I've looked at Treadwrights website a lot and I think I'm going to buy some for my old 1 ton. I only wish they made all the tread patterns and all the sizes I need, but whichever 1 ton I buy tires for I'm going to have to make a sacrifice. They don't have a 255/85/16, and the only 235/85/16s they make is either a crappy highway tread or a very aggressive mud tread that looks like a Remington Mud Brute, I think they'd be loud and wear quickly if they're anything like the Remington.

They have a tread in other sizes that looks like a GoodYear MTR, I'd love to get a dozen of those in 255/85.

Well, with everything I've been reading about these Treadwrights I can only find one or two cases where the tires had a balancing issue and treadwright either replaced the suspect tire or replaced the whole set free of charge. No issues of any blowouts.

I bought a 32ft gooseneck and now need new tires in E range. I currently have a D Range 265-75-16D BFG A/T. Their weight cap is 3042lbs.
TW shows their Warden AT (BFG A/T tread) 265-75-16E with a weight cap of 3415.
To be completely honest I have filled out a cart on TW's website at least a dozen times and then never bought them thinking "I cant run retreads". Well I ordered them on Thursday and they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (wed). I am having them mounted tomorrow and will be taking them on an 800 mile round trip this weekend towing a 14k Gooseneck with possibly some snow on the ground.
I have yet to find any real in depth reviews of TW's on a HD truck that is used for towing. I will be starting a thread with a full review of their tires. I am very picky when it comes to tires so we'll see how this goes.

Full review and pictures to come soon.

Last edited:
To be completely honest I have filled out a cart on TW's website at least a dozen times and then never bought them thinking "I cant run retreads".

I've done the same thing myself several times, glad to see I'm not alone.

I have yet to find any real in depth reviews of TW's on a HD truck that is used for towing. I will be starting a thread with a full review of their tires. I am very picky when it comes to tires so we'll see how this goes.

Full review and pictures to come soon.

I've spent a lot of time searching for info like you have. I can't find hardly anything bad about treadwright. I've read the non-treadwright company reviews but no one has really done a long term review.

Considering I've had about 10 defective "original" name-brand tires over the years (all my vehicles, not just the truck) that were sidewall bubbles, tread separation, tread disintegration, out of round, and premature rubber rot I can't see how I could really go wrong with treadwright.

I've currently got a set of Les Schwab Toyo AT's on my truck and I'm pretty disappointed in how quick they wore out, especially for the price I paid. I'm hoping to get through this summer which means they will have all of 25,000-ish miles on them. Heck, my Cooper STT's are pushing 5 years old and have just about as many miles plus have more tread left.

Back