• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tread Wright is finally producing the BFG KO knock off!!!

Big T those tires are looking great! Especially after spending 920.00 usd for my Generals. How were they to balance. Did they take alot o lead like the BFGs? I´ll definetly be looking at those next time around.

Big T those tires are looking great! Especially after spending 920.00 usd for my Generals. How were they to balance. Did they take alot o lead like the BFGs? I´ll definetly be looking at those next time around.

See that lead in the picture? Each TreadWright tire took exactly the same size lead. In contrast, BFGs each took 3x the size of that lead.

Some additional clarification on that lead: it's not lead, but a plastic weight. I guess California banned lead weights for balancing tires so there would be no opportunity for the damn endangered condors to eat it. So those weights are plastic and thus are much larger than their equivalent weight in lead.

I know this is an old thread, but if you look at the tow/haul thread, and see the picture of my old duramax pulling a 40' trailer with a mini excavator and skidsteer on them - that was done with treadwright tires as well. I stopped in West Lafayette, aired up my tires from 65 to 80psi than raced over to Richmond, IN and we hooked up the trailer and they drove it home. Pulled just fine.

I only just came across this thread because I'm considering either the wardens or axioms for my ranger truck, and this thread popped up from my google search.

I know this is an old thread, but if you look at the tow/haul thread, and see the picture of my old duramax pulling a 40' trailer with a mini excavator and skidsteer on them - that was done with treadwright tires as well. I stopped in West Lafayette, aired up my tires from 65 to 80psi than raced over to Richmond, IN and we hooked up the trailer and they drove it home. Pulled just fine.

I only just came across this thread because I'm considering either the wardens or axioms for my ranger truck, and this thread popped up from my google search.
This thread is old and should be updated for actual TreadWright experience.
As a result of this thread, I purchased a set of four (4) TreadWright Wardens in size LT 265 75R16 E rated. All four tires came on BFG AT KO E rated casings. At around 10K miles, one of the tires experienced a case separation failure which resulted in a large bubble that migrated to the sidewall. This occurred on the right rear tire as I was traveling on one of the ubiquitous SoCal Freeways.
I filed a claim with TreadWright which they denied, saying they are not responsible for casing failures. Problem is they choose and inspect the casings which they mount their treads on, so this is a major loop hole in their warranty. They insisted that I must have damaged the tire by taking a nail or some other object in the tread, or my alignment is out, or my suspension is screwed up. Again, this was on a rear tire.
I had two used E rated BFG AT KOs in the same size from a previous set of four that also had a tire that failed with case separation, that one from a screw. These two tire should get me full the distance of the surviving three TreadWrights and then I’m done with TreadWrights and BFGs altogether. The TreadWrights look like they will go about 30K to 35K miles on my Suburban, which is what I got out of the BFG AT KOs. When you consider the loop hole in the TreadWright warranty and the fact that BFG no longer even offers a warranty on their ATs, you can be certain I will never purchase either again. At a price of $148 delivered via tirecrawler.net, the equivalent Cooper AT/P with a warranty of 50K miles looks more appealing. The TreadWrights were $113 plus $97 shipping for all four, or $137 per tire. Sorry, but for $11 more, I’ll take the Coopers with the warranty.
You’ve been forewarned.

Back