• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractors - Post them.

Man,...bison ranching sure looks favorable to that stubble jumping with all that expensive equipment if you ask me.;)

I dont know..............thousand or so pounds of pissed off hamburger runnin at me dont sound fun either. LOL

A new "tool" followed me home today :) Brand new rubber and warranty to boot, I can't wait get the tillage tools out of the shed. We got rid of our old but trusty 7150 for a MX285.
View attachment 31180

Suspension ?

The 285s are nice. Only problem with them is the CAPS injection system. Area Diesel makes a P-pump kit but it is $13,000.

We would've stayed with Case IH if they could've kept up with the times, but they haven't

Nice Marty! Gettin' a bit soft and greasy to be disking now though.

Gotta do something because he sure isn't plowing any snow. Haha

thats a nice looking oliver a little paint and it will look brand new.

I just want to throw this out here but i am looking for a IH 330 utlility. if any of you know where one is or happen to come across one let me know. they are very rare and it was a tractor that my Grandpa had and i would really like to get one for my dad and me to restor

jd1.jpgjd2.jpgjd3.jpgjd4.jpg

1964 John Deere 1010 Diesel. I have a new seat for it, just have not had the chance to put it on. Its still running on its original motor, has some blow by but still runs strong and gets used to brush hog with every year. Im hoping to restore it soon

That 1010 looks to be in real good shape Tyler. Bet that would shine up pretty good as it sits with some Armorall on a rag.

That 1010 looks to be in real good shape Tyler. Bet that would shine up pretty good as it sits with some Armorall on a rag.

Yea I usually give it a good clean before it goes to the pulls. I take it to some of the smaller antique pulls at county fairs around here, kinda cool to see all of the tractors that come out during those. John Deere must use some really good paint from the factory, my grandpa bought it with just a few hours on it in the early 70s, sold it to my dad in the late 80s and Im bought it from him. Its always sat outside in the field, through rain, snow, hot summers and the paint has kept her rust free :) When I get into the major restoration stuff with it ill do a write up on here to keep track of the progress

Deere green is a drug. Many people are addicted to it. It is damn good paint though. Best in the industry. When it comes to the appearance of the tractor, deeres scrutiny is second to none. Same goes for fit and finish in the cab. They also have the best marketing skills. I also believe they do the best job of "taking care of" the big guys. That being said I do not feel they have the best product in most of their equipment categories, but they still do put out a good product. I like to laugh at their marketing as well even though it is effective. I remember when rotary combines were junk and every Deere person would let you know they were. Now they are the best thing since sliced bread. Same thing with the cvt, direct drive chopper, chevron cutterhead, sawtooth kP and the list goes on. Their chopper is the one I know best. Everything they bashed for years that every other company had adopted Deere now has on their new prototype. My favorite is how they bragged about how compact their machine was since the didn't use direct drive so the motor didn't have to be mounted transverse. Now they went to that and their machines physical footprint is bigger than any of them.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Well, what can I say. I just purchased my first Tractor.
DSCF4051-M.jpg

It is a Yanmar Sc2450 and I have been using the heck out of it. I don't have a farm and my property isn't real large but I needed some help as I like to work outside and this is filling a need I had very well.
DSCF4148-M.jpg

It has an FEL, BH, and 60" MMM
DSCF4171-M.jpg

It should last a long time as it is also 4X4, and has a 55 ci 3 cyl diesel for power.

Attachments

• DSCF4051-M.jpg
    DSCF4051-M.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 4
Nice. Good looking and very useful machine. I would really like a small tractor like that for around the house/yard. My big tractor is too big to get some places and a big riding mower is not quite big enough to do some jobs easily.

I like just about all tractors big, small, old, or new. Must be a guy thing you can't have too many tractors, implements, trucks, tools etc.

Thanks Mike. The first job I used it for was with the Back Hoe. I had a root bed from some bushes that I had cleared out and was really dreading going out and cutting them out with an axe. 2-3 hrs a day and then being shot for the rest of the day for about a week. I back up the tractor, when I got it home, set the feet for the BH and ripped those roots out in about 40 min. Went and got a scoop of dirt/topsoil, smoothed it out raked it, sodded it, DONE!! Wow had I been missing this really neat machine all of my life up till now. No more.

Love it. What does a rig like that run? About $25,000?
Hoot, I believe the list on it with the Belly mower was 20,500. I am not sure what you can beat a dealer down to. I got 60 mo 0% financing and took the insurance required as it was financed (806.00/5 yrs)

It wasn't the most inexpensive unit I could buy but, I am very pleased with it.

Hoot, I believe the list on it with the Belly mower was 20,500. I am not sure what you can beat a dealer down to. I got 60 mo 0% financing and took the insurance required as it was financed (806.00/5 yrs)

It wasn't the most inexpensive unit I could buy but, I am very pleased with it.
That is an excellent price! You bought a good solid tractor. anmar supplied JD for years. Very dependable.

I worked with a landscaper on a hardscape and drain pipe. He used a mini excavator and a walk behind mini bobcat. They were nice little machines that made the work go much faster and easier. I like doing work with the right tools to make it easier. Its like flying first class once you do it coach just isn't the same. Time is money and must be I am getting old and have less patience for the rake and shovel work on anything bigger than a small box/container garden.

Anyone ever go to youtube and watch backhoe olympics or backhoe tricks. There are some amazing operators out there.

Back