• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractors - Post them.

Very nice Barry. Good luck with it. Keep us posted on the maintenance and how she runs. Yanmar makes an excellent diesel. :thumbsup:

Very nice Barry. Good luck with it. Keep us posted on the maintenance and how she runs. Yanmar makes an excellent diesel. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words RICS.

As for the maintenance I didn't get the MMM (mid mount Mower/Belly mower) for about two weeks after I got it. When I got the MMM the dealer installed it, had to put special brackets on the frame etc.
DSCF4242-M.jpg

I first mowed my yard with it and with the loader still on. Bad Idea. I tried to wipe out some fences and the ROPS (Roll Bar) tried to take out some tree branches.
DSCF4171-M.jpg

I then had a big mowing job at my RC Airplane club (3hrs). About 90% done I heard some squeaking in the mower deck wheels.
DSCF4230-M.jpg

I finished up and took it home. Removed the MMM and thoroughly greased it. It took over a half of tube of grease. Not good.
This how much the grease gun had in it when I started.
DSCF4247-M.jpg

And when finished.
DSCF4245-M.jpg

Did I say how much I liked my Lincoln pneumatic grease gun. Yes, it is set up for rapid fire. Just hold down the trigger and it will cycle till you let off of the trigger. It sure saves the ole trigger finger

That looks like a real solid PTO driven mower deck there. I am surprised that the dealer did not grease it up. And that grease gun looks nice. I still have a manual grease gun.

Our Deere when we bought it. Still own it today with a bucket loader and tiller added. No recent pictures looks a little more weather beaten now.

Attachments

• 755 Deere.jpg
    755 Deere.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
i grease alot of equipment every week (about 4 or 5 tubes) and we have lincoln 12v battery powered grease guns and they are just about the best thing ever.

i grease alot of equipment every week (about 4 or 5 tubes) and we have lincoln 12v battery powered grease guns and they are just about the best thing ever.
I agree:agreed:...
I bought one about 10 years ago and made light work of the (literally) 100s of fittings on all the haying equipment I had been using a hand pump gun on. It still works great today with the original battery and charger. Just about the best $150 or so I ever spent.

I considered the battery powered one but decided on the pneumatic for my use. I think if you get any of the Lincoln units you will be happy.

Yeah,if it ain't use fuel,electric or batteries it ain't no longer worth having.:nonod:
i think i stick with the muscle powered ones,..I found 3 off them lincolns in the dump the other day,..for free,..they all work.
i got a gun on every tractor + a couple spares in the shop.

I prefer hand operated pistol grip guns for the truck as I don't want to split or pop off a dust boot. Probably why guns were in trash??? But for a tractor that uses a lot of grease the Lincoln powerluber is nice and speeds up the geasing. I really like it on things like the tail wheel swivels on a rotary cutter that uses a bunch of grease. Watched a guy tighten up a track on a mini excavator with a powerluber the other day with one and it made the job easy.

As a side benefit the powerluber is still made very well and doesn't seem to bleed oil from the grease as bad as the cheap hand guns.

I may have misstated about the multiple cycling of the Lincolns. If I pull the trigger and immediately release I only get one cycle just like the old cheaper pneumatic gun that I use to have. Anyway it is not hard to control unless the person is a complete maladroit.

I think Simon was referring to people who think the manuals are not worth having, and found manual guns in the trash.

For the record... The battery operated Lincoln gun was ADDED TO my supply of manual guns that are still in frequent use around the farm. It's just the 'grease gun of 1st choice' now.

Back