• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractors - Post them.

We wore out our lincoln battery powered guns in less than a year. We had one with lithium JD grease for our sprayer (required for warrenty service on new rigs) and one with mystic. They both wore out in short order

dad and i both have alemite power grease guns. mine is a 12v and his a 14.4v. both of them are awesome. i like them better than the lincoln that my uncle has. if you get a John Deere power grease gun it is made by alemite.

I prefer alemite over lincoln myself as well. We went through a lot of lincolns before going to the Alemite. Same gun the past few years and just now the batteries and such are starting to wimp out some. Just looked at their 18v Lithium gun. Looks very nice. Also ordered a few of their hand guns. Personally I prefer a lever action with straight hard tube if room permits, but when room doesn't permit, pistol grips are fine. They just feel so akward in my hand and the thought of pumping a case of grease out of one of them does not interest me.

Power guns can be used with caution, however some things I still do revert to the hand gun when you need the extra "feel".

I don't think I got a photo of our new Massey 8680 put up yet. Traded the MX240 magnum on it. Its had fewer problems than the DT275B but still plenty of problems. Bought it because it was the right deal, the person that ordered it backed out and the dealer absorbed the cost which lowered the price for us substantially. Otherwise I would've pushed the Fendt subject harder. Got close this fall, priced two new ones. 824 to replace out DT200 Agco and a 933 to replace our DT275B but then we ended up starting another dairy and the tractors got pushed to the back burner. We also had to send our massey baler back and get a refund and our old NH baler back because they could never get it to work. This along with all of our Massey tractor problems, has hopefully lit the burner for the Fendts in the future.

2012-06-02_14-55-42_851.jpg

heres a couple more from this summer I don't think I got put up.

2012-05-15_18-19-04_937.jpg

2012-06-05_10-16-02_339.jpg

cleaning out our compost barn. We bed it every week and stir it every day. It breaks down into nice compost and gets cleaned twice a year. Usually is about 4-6' deep. cows love it.

2011-12-23_13-37-53_823.jpg

Its got its own unique smell. Not really that bad, just different. You need good ventilation in that barn though, but its always very warm in there anyways so thats not an issue.

Forgot this picture from the Blizzard back in decemeber. Spent a lot of hours pulling 20+ cars and semis and such out. Even took it down our main 6 lane interstate.

20121221_003900.jpg

The compost does build up a lot of heat due to the decomposition of the items. I have seen several of them catch fire in the winter, as they always have smoke or steam coming from the top of the pile. Looks like even in the down time of the tractor, it is still being used to make money! ;) And it looks like you get good traction. :D

You've seen the barns or the piles? Im sure with poor ventilation it would be a ticking time bomb.

We run a lot of our tractors in the winter for manure.

did the tractor keep up with freeway speeds that day? :) what are the speed options? I assume the standard is 25 ish mph, then 33, then is there one over 40 mph with big singles and air brakes?

did the tractor keep up with freeway speeds that day? :) what are the speed options? I assume the standard is 25 ish mph, then 33, then is there one over 40 mph with big singles and air brakes?

No, they were actually moving good on the interstate. it was at midnight.

This one does 33mph. 50kph calibration. The tires are rated to 40mph.

Our Dt275B for some reason has the 60kph calibration.

In order to have the 50kph calibration they have to have a suspended front axle.

There is no option for the 60kph in the US.

Floaters are a preference. If we didn't haul manure in the winter we would run them, but on ice they are not safe. The Masseys have an option for air trailer brakes but do not actually have air brakes.

No, they were actually moving good on the interstate. it was at midnight.

This one does 33mph. 50kph calibration. The tires are rated to 40mph.

Our Dt275B for some reason has the 60kph calibration.

In order to have the 50kph calibration they have to have a suspended front axle.

There is no option for the 60kph in the US.

Floaters are a preference. If we didn't haul manure in the winter we would run them, but on ice they are not safe. The Masseys have an option for air trailer brakes but do not actually have air brakes.

So your DT275B is optioned in a way that shouldnt have existed for the NA market? pretty cool!

I thought the air option offered big air discs on the front axle and kept the inboard hydraulic wet brakes on the rear? maybe that was on another brand, IDK.

I do know in the brochure I could make out the size of the big floaters on the front end, 620/xxR30. If I converted that right, that's equal to 23.1x30, a size we run on our combines in idaho. some used take off michelin radials (I assume steel belted? ) would work great in the jagged lava rocks and all the roading we do.

The majority of those tires are low profule which you will need to be aware of. Most of them are Axiobibs, Xeobibs and a couple are mutibibs. They are generally a 70% ratio whereas many standards are 80%.

All Michelins are radials.

I don't think I got a photo of our new Massey 8680 put up yet. Traded the MX240 magnum on it. Its had fewer problems than the DT275B but still plenty of problems. Bought it because it was the right deal, the person that ordered it backed out and the dealer absorbed the cost which lowered the price for us substantially. Otherwise I would've pushed the Fendt subject harder. Got close this fall, priced two new ones. 824 to replace out DT200 Agco and a 933 to replace our DT275B but then we ended up starting another dairy and the tractors got pushed to the back burner. We also had to send our massey baler back and get a refund and our old NH baler back because they could never get it to work. This along with all of our Massey tractor problems, has hopefully lit the burner for the Fendts in the future.

What massey baler did you have? I have 2 2756 Round Balers and still have my 2656 on stand by. I demo a 2856 every year and I bale circles around it with my 2 27's and they each have over 10K bales on them. My 26 has nearly 30K on it and the metal is getting thin but it still makes great bales when you are in a pinch. Made 500 2500# bales on one field last summer, the 2856 couldnt get over 2200# bales with it tightend all the way down, the 2756's were on normal settings... The new balers SUCK.

Looking at a square baler (ran a 4910 heston for forever) but most of my current buyers actually like my big rounds for their grinders.

Love the old Case IH BTW, I run an 8920 (not stock HP, twisted the shaft on the dealers PTO dyno :hihi:) Wish I still had the 7250 but needed another loader tractor and ended up with a 150 Valtra w/ a 40 horse Bully Dog :rolleyes5:.

What massey baler did you have? I have 2 2756 Round Balers and still have my 2656 on stand by. I demo a 2856 every year and I bale circles around it with my 2 27's and they each have over 10K bales on them. My 26 has nearly 30K on it and the metal is getting thin but it still makes great bales when you are in a pinch. Made 500 2500# bales on one field last summer, the 2856 couldnt get over 2200# bales with it tightend all the way down, the 2756's were on normal settings... The new balers SUCK.

Looking at a square baler (ran a 4910 heston for forever) but most of my current buyers actually like my big rounds for their grinders.

Love the old Case IH BTW, I run an 8920 (not stock HP, twisted the shaft on the dealers PTO dyno :hihi:) Wish I still had the 7250 but needed another loader tractor and ended up with a 150 Valtra w/ a 40 horse Bully Dog :rolleyes5:.

old? geeze, we are running Allis' and White's out of the late 70s-mid 80s on tractors and late 70s to late 80s on Gleaner combines. you are highly advanced tanner!

btw, MX270 brought in the $50k range yesterday at lexington NE. square bodied magnums will still do that wont they?

Yeah, bank says mine is worth $58K has 5900hrs, turbo upgrade, 10% over injectors, carter lP, and turned up pump. The 7250 ate its tranny at 8500 hrs and I traded it and the 50K bale 4910 in for the valtra, round baler, and vermeer rake

It was a brand new MF 2846. Couldn't get it to ever feed, always plugged. Computer would go on the fritz too, tore netwrap all the time. broke a belt, it was just an overall nightmare. We ended up spending 10-20k on custom baling because it never ran. The other one the dealer had out they couldn't get running either. Another local dealer had two out and they had to eat the costs of them too as the customers were very pissed. Agco had some guys camp out to get them fixed but never did.

We got our NH BR7070 back and a refund on what we paid. We do a lot of baleage and corn stalk bales. We were looking at vermeers corn stalk special but don't want to handle 5' wide silage bales. They have a new model, the 504 Pro that is geared towards making silage bales. Its a 4x5 baler though, but might be the route we'll take.

old? geeze, we are running Allis' and White's out of the late 70s-mid 80s on tractors and late 70s to late 80s on Gleaner combines. you are highly advanced tanner!

btw, MX270 brought in the $50k range yesterday at lexington NE. square bodied magnums will still do that wont they?

I would buy an 8940 or 8950 before an early MX270. Then again so would everybody else which is why you will pay more for one of them than an early MX.

It was a brand new MF 2846. Couldn't get it to ever feed, always plugged. Computer would go on the fritz too, tore netwrap all the time. broke a belt, it was just an overall nightmare. We ended up spending 10-20k on custom baling because it never ran. The other one the dealer had out they couldn't get running either. Another local dealer had two out and they had to eat the costs of them too as the customers were very pissed. Agco had some guys camp out to get them fixed but never did.

We got our NH BR7070 back and a refund on what we paid. We do a lot of baleage and corn stalk bales. We were looking at vermeers corn stalk special but don't want to handle 5' wide silage bales. They have a new model, the 504 Pro that is geared towards making silage bales. Its a 4x5 baler though, but might be the route we'll take.

I dont do much silage/haylage but I do alot of wheat, rye, oats, feed sorgum, corn/milo stalks, native grass, and alfalfa. 5x6 bales typically weigh ~1500# and they are nearly 6x6 bales 70" wide and 70" tall. They 2856 fed ok, actually picked up better than my 2756 but I busted a tail gat on one, fried the electronics on on, bent the packer arm, cracked a gear box, and ate bearings all these had under 1000 bales. I do mainly custom baling btw. Cracked the cutter bed on a new Macdon rotory prototype last year too lol. OOPS AGCO screwed up by buying out Heston, the quality of the products fell out the bottom.

I dont do much silage/haylage but I do alot of wheat, rye, oats, feed sorgum, corn/milo stalks, native grass, and alfalfa. 5x6 bales typically weigh ~1500# and they are nearly 6x6 bales 70" wide and 70" tall. They 2856 fed ok, actually picked up better than my 2756 but I busted a tail gat on one, fried the electronics on on, bent the packer arm, cracked a gear box, and ate bearings all these had under 1000 bales. I do mainly custom baling btw. Cracked the cutter bed on a new Macdon rotory prototype last year too lol. OOPS AGCO screwed up by buying out Heston, the quality of the products fell out the bottom.

Agco didnt screw up. hesston screwed up. Agco screws everything up. Im praying they leave fendt alone like they have

Back