• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Second Chance

That's really cool! Dare I say that it's even groovy? :rolleyes: Nice work and thanks for sharing that...a nice little idea to keep in the back pocket. :D
Yeah and that picture of the cam really gave me a Lift and then I read the Duration of this thread and it was Exhausting, but at least I was able to Intake the info. What a Grind it was.

I know stupid :asshat:

I couldn't believe the force he used to try to get the cam in.

At about 10:44 I laughed at his frustration, been there.:D

I like the crushable tubing for a safety valve in case your foot's still on the pedal at spring bind :)
Actually I have pretty good control of the press, it is a pneumatic/hydraulic press. I just use the hand pump so it is quite slow.

Got the heads on, torqued to 105 ft/lbs in 5 increments. Used Blue Loctite on the studs, torqued them down before set, per instructions.

It is what I did last time but there was no mention of using Loctite in those instructions AFAIKIMG_0801.JPG . Wonder if WW has been in contact with ARP?

Got the heads on, torqued to 105 ft/lbs in 5 increments. Used Blue Loctite on the studs, torqued them down before set, per instructions.

It is what I did last time but there was no mention of using Loctite in those instructions AFAIKView attachment 47575 . Wonder if WW has been in contact with ARP?
Nice! I'm glad they finally figured that out. I might still be running my 97 engine if that had been in the instructions when I bought my studs... So yeah, either WW called them or ARP has been trolling around here.

Nate, what happened to the 97 engine? My memory fails me.
I had a lifter fail so I yanked the heads. While they were off I put studs in it and I only used the typical Permatex thread sealant - I hadn't read anything warning about what to use and what not to use at that time. Oh well, I have a better engine now because of it, right?

Reactions: NVW
I had a lifter fail so I yanked the heads. While they were off I put studs in it and I only used the typical Permatex thread sealant - I hadn't read anything warning about what to use and what not to use at that time. Oh well, I have a better engine now because of it, right?
Permatex Liquid Teflon? I have no use for it, at least in hydraulic situations.

Thanks, it's mostly the same color scheme as the last one with a few changes.

Love keeping it traditional. If I have to do it again I think I'd go that route.

Thanks Nate, I had thought of something different but had lots of paint leftover. There will be a color change on some small parts.

Really makes me want some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Looks cool. I just never can seem to paint an engine anything but black u less it's a restoration. Then I still think it should be black.

I saw on here where someone painted the waterpump and timing cover silver to match the aluminum timing housing, so I did it to mine when I had it apart last time. It still bugs me, want to paint it back to black.
I'm broken in the nogin, huh?

Back