• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Second Chance

Leo, if you give me a place to charge my Ipod and feed me and pay for my trip up there, I will do radiator surgery and get 100 percent of the fins straight. :)

It is mind numbing work, and it takes me a few hours each day for about a week to do one.
Tell me about it, it took about 10 minutes per row, there are 45 of them. They are better than the pic shows, the paint is off of a lot of the fins.

Today, close to finish, I cracked a beer. Should have had one on tap from the start.:)

AGD=Alberta Genuine Draft made by Big Rock. Just got on to it, it's cheap and pretty good. I like Moosehead too.

Finally got it going, I was lucky to spend a few hrs on it here and there. I had all the injectors bled and it fired up pretty quick. I have a fuel leak at the FFM, I'll investigate tomorrow.

Finally got it going, I was lucky to spend a few hrs on it here and there. I had all the injectors bled and it fired up pretty quick. I have a fuel leak at the FFM, I'll investigate tomorrow.
Congratulations Leo. Sounds good. I like the silicone radiator hose!

Thanks Nate. I was going to use the hose on last years build, otherwise I would have got it in orange. It was a good price, $59 US for both hoses.

Fuel leak was the O ring for the WIF sensor, I forgot to put the new one in. Too much jumping back and forth.

It's all back together, this truck feels like a sports car compared to a 9400 lb dually. After 5 years sitting in the shop, it is in bad need of a thorough scrubbing. I washed it before the rebuild but it only got the loose grit off.IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0826.JPG

Truck is running good, with break in type driving, I'm getting 16 US mpg (19 Cnd) I'm pretty happy with that. Most of it is short trips and checking cows. It's pretty snappy for a stock truck. I'm used to driving a tank.:)

Back