• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Second Chance

Really makes me want some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Looks cool. I just never can seem to paint an engine anything but black u less it's a restoration. Then I still think it should be black.

I saw on here where someone painted the waterpump and timing cover silver to match the aluminum timing housing, so I did it to mine when I had it apart last time. It still bugs me, want to paint it back to black.
I'm broken in the nogin, huh?
I know what you mean Will, I like contrast, but not a black engine. Can't see the leaks. This is from last year, the new one will have a few changes.IMG_0615.JPG

It looks better than black, I'm just color paranoid or something on engines. I used to do black block and heads then everything else chrome, Over that now.

Ratman got me started on the CAT Yellow color scheme.

9-25-2009%20010_zpsxvrluoqf.jpg

It's coming together, sorry about the blurry pics.IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0808.JPG The glow plugs seat about an 1/8" more in the Chinese heads than in the GM heads. Was kind of worried threading them in. There are some plugs that have a longer shank, I don't know which ones they are.IMG_0809.JPG

Got a few more things done this morning.IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0811.JPG
    IMG_0811.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 4
As long as that light at the end of the tunnel isn't on the locomotive coming at you!:)

Reactions: NVW
Back