• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project "Got Milk" - Yamaha Cart

How's the valve stem to guide clearances?
Clearance per specification on both guides is .1mm.

To be honest I don't have a dial indicator so I had to take the head to a friend's. I only have a digital caliper. After getting the head pinned down to a table we got the indicator setup and it is right at .1mm

To be honest wiggling the stem in the guide it has barely any movement. Honestly the best I've ever felt. Being this is a low power small engine build I feel it is sufficient.

Some more progress today. Got the valves sealed well and lash set per specs. Plastics on for the most part. I am at a stopping waiting on more parts. Hope to get some hardware tomorrow but the primary needs new rollers along with a new slinner sheave for the secondary.
20220108_110022.jpg20220108_120301.jpg20220108_130832.jpg20220108_124119.jpg

Sounds great. Was just hoping you weren't going to all this effort only to find that you were fogging for mosquitoes from worn valve guides after it was all back together and running.

If it were Me, I’d move that AC unit to the rear window on the drivers side. Its a bad deal to not be able to see out the passenger side.
Especially when those to the right have the right away. 😹😹😹
But then you'd have two major problems. 1) Field of view blocked in the door mirror - making pulling out to pass an interesting prospect, and 2) the overhang issue with oncoming traffic - especially on a narrow residential street - could make things interesting!

Back