• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project "Got Milk" - Yamaha Cart

Mud Terrain is big lugs with lots of void, very noisy on pavement. All-Terrain is civilized on the road, with very good off-road manners on dirt, in mud, snow and sand. A lot of the winners of the first ten or so DieselPower annual Diesel Challenges (which included sled pulling, drag racing, mpg competition, maneuvering with a trailer, etc) where competitors could only use one set of tires throughout all the competitions, were won on a set of BFG All-Terrains.

No doubt and they are a damn good all around tire
I just haven't seen anything quite like it in a 23x10.5x12 size. I'd be ok with a 22x10.5x12 but they are normally different widths than 10.5

Our v twin swapped Club Car DS rides on these:
GOLF-CART-12-BLACKJACK-GLOSS-BLACK-WHEELS.jpg
They are definitely hummers and I may be able to get these used for cheap as he wants to upside to 25's. Personally I have yet to get a tire on a golf cart louder than the gas engine running it yet.

Used to be able to get the Mud Terrain in a 175/80-R13, I have a set of used ones in my garage that I used to run on my 1980 Subaru DL 4WD hatchback. They're like 30 years old, doubt if they're any good by now. We also carried them in the Army supply in stock at Sharp Army Depot in Stockton, CA for use on the Army's Chevy Luv 4X4 pickups they used over in Korea! That was back like 1988-89 when we had those!

Find a 13" or 14" rim with the same bolt pattern and your tire selection gets a lot better. My Mud Terrains are still mounted (I think, I haven't been back in that part of the garage in a couple of decades, seriously, they may also be dismounted) on Subaru white wagon spoke rims, that's a 4x140mm pattern 13" wheel. No, come to think of it, I wound up putting a set of 185/70R-13 Cooper Cobra All-Season tires on those rims and mounting those on my '84 Subaru Turbo 4WD station wagon.

If you can do a search on someplace like Tires Inc., maybe, by bolt pattern for rims, then cross reference to what vehicles use that bolt pattern/size, you may be able to get some really kick-butt sport rims that will fit the golf cart from a Pull-it-Yourself parts yard.

Find a 13" or 14" rim with the same bolt pattern and your tire selection gets a lot better. My Mud Terrains are still mounted (I think, I haven't been back in that part of the garage in a couple of decades, seriously, they may also be dismounted) on Subaru white wagon spoke rims, that's a 4x140mm pattern 13" wheel. No, come to think of it, I wound up putting a set of 185/70R-13 Cooper Cobra All-Season tires on those rims and mounting those on my '84 Subaru Turbo 4WD station wagon.

If you can do a search on someplace like Tires Inc., maybe, by bolt pattern for rims, then cross reference to what vehicles use that bolt pattern/size, you may be able to get some really kick-butt sport rims that will fit the golf cart from a Pull-it-Yourself parts yard.

Will have to see if I could find 13-inch rims. All I see are the skip to 14-inch from 12-inch. Bolt pattern is a mere 4x4! The backspacing is the other real issue with the large lift and a-arms, i may need to run spacers and the largest i see are 2.5-inch

A Honda Civic is 4x100mm which is 3.97", which may work depending on stud size of the cart. Weight shouldn't be an issue, unless you're hauling a dozen 16 gallon kegs in it!

Still waiting for all of my engine parts. Purchase date was the 16th. Parts were stuck in a lot for 2 days in GA till the 18th. Should have been 2-6 day shipping. So much for that. I really hate the partnership when UPS and USPS deliver packages together. So delayed and tracking is absolute garbage. So much for motor work during this week off! I expected a delay for the Holidays but not this much.....

Will have to see if I could find 13-inch rims. All I see are the skip to 14-inch from 12-inch. Bolt pattern is a mere 4x4! The backspacing is the other real issue with the large lift and a-arms, i may need to run spacers and the largest i see are 2.5-inch
Years ago, I ran into similar, I was able to find hubs to switch out. Actually a friend had them and brought them ovet, they fit the spindle perfectly

I thought I posted this as an option already. I had a simliar situation and a friend came over with some hubs that had an additional stud. The hubs just happened to fit perfectly on the spindles. He had wheels with tires to go with them.

Cleaned up the thread after, once again, it turned into an insult session about the USPS and, of course that got political. I'm not going to mention names THIS time but one particular individual (you know who you are) is now on notice that outright insults on other members in good standing is going to earn you a significant vacation. KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF!

With the Holidays I have been away for a while and not quite sure what happened!

Continuing on with assembly. Got the old fuel drained and tank cleaned the best I could through 2 small ports. Temporary junk tires are on as the stock 8 inch rims no longer fit with the front a-arms. Also ground off the booger welds from the front roof support. I will drill it and helicoil to the correct size again.
20220101_153054.jpg20220101_154011.jpg20220101_155837.jpg20220101_154953.jpg

Apple cider vinegar will clean that tank quite nicely. Shake it from time to time. Give it about four or five days, drain the tank, vinegar back into the jugs, strain it with a piece of scotch brite in a funnel.
Rins the tank with hot hot water, see how it looks, if needed, dump the vinegar back into the tank and give it another four or five days. Repeat the rinse process. By the end of the second round, the tank should look near as new inside.

Back