• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project "Got Milk" - Yamaha Cart

DieselSlug

Reaction score
Yep, another iron in the fire.

We have been avid campers for the past 2 years now at a local site about 15 minutes from our house. Several other family members have carts up there from stock (89 EZ Go Marathon) to not (02 Club Car 670 swapped). We have so many people at camp that we really needed another cart. I ended up picking up a 97 Yamaha G16A that has been used in the cornfields prior to my procurement. Hope to get it running for now and do a health check. Lift, tires and a back seat in the short term and then maybe an engine swap down the road.

Compression test was informative, 125 PSI max. This engine is a mosquito fogger. Lets get into it!
20211024_172426.jpg20211123_151612.jpg20211126_095628.jpg20211126_095639.jpg20211126_100538.jpg20211126_100906.jpg20211126_151901.jpg20211126_154240.jpg20211126_155028.jpg

I had to do a total rebuild of the starter/generator on my old round fender JD yard tractor/mower. It was an old Delco unit. Found an original armature on fleabay and the windings, along with a bearing/brush kit. It now works as good as new. The old field windings was totally burned out of it. Mostly bare copper wire and a lot of tarry looking ash and goop.
Speaking of Got Milk. I was in the process of doing some rebuild work on My 1976 Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glide. That was during winter of 1995/96. I got sober Christmas Eve night, 1995 and so decided to do a bit of a commemoration to My sobriety.
I also got a license plate that said GT MILK, Got Milk was already taken so I got the next best thing. I explained to a friend how I would like the paint scheme.
717FB533-970B-48BE-A04D-71E48B33E9C2.png
592E39B5-CC7E-42FC-8ACE-37DD742E2BC3.png

Attachments

• 29228053-87C6-4CCF-BC9C-75F9C26640EB.png
    29228053-87C6-4CCF-BC9C-75F9C26640EB.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 0
I had to do a total rebuild of the starter/generator on my old round fender JD yard tractor/mower. It was an old Delco unit. Found an original armature on fleabay and the windings, along with a bearing/brush kit. It now works as good as new. The old field windings was totally burned out of it. Mostly bare copper wire and a lot of tarry looking ash and goop.
Speaking of Got Milk. I was in the process of doing some rebuild work on My 1976 Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glide. That was during winter of 1995/96. I got sober Christmas Eve night, 1995 and so decided to do a bit of a commemoration to My sobriety.
I also got a license plate that said GT MILK, Got Milk was already taken so I got the next best thing. I explained to a friend how I would like the paint scheme.
View attachment 68894
View attachment 68896

Nice pics! The kids seem to like the sticker as well, my daughter goes Moo when she sees it! Story behind this cart is that it was originally owned by a local farmer who used it as his farm cart. I remember this thing as I drove by on the school bus. Fast forward and it was sold to a friend of mine where I purchased it a month or so ago. The original owner of this cart actually just passed away a week ago.

Nice pics! The kids seem to like the sticker as well, my daughter goes Moo when she sees it! Story behind this cart is that it was originally owned by a local farmer who used it as his farm cart. I remember this thing as I drove by on the school bus. Fast forward and it was sold to a friend of mine where I purchased it a month or so ago. The original owner of this cart actually just passed away a week ago.
Great story about the cart. Sad that the OO passed away.

That looks like oil build up. It’s usually worse on exhaust valves because it cooks on the hottest place.

This is where doing a wmi or just the spray bottle version of it helps before tearing down an engine makes clean up time less.

Yes after you gap your piston rings, you can send one off to total seal for gapless. Just remember on gas engine you do the top ring.

View attachment 68894
View attachment 68896
That's an udderly fantastic paint job, @MrMarty51! Cowabunga!

Back