• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project "Got Milk" - Yamaha Cart

So, it looks like you're running that mismatched set of tires on it. Will these work?

Or how about the other set of rims/tires I mentioned above?
You are correct. I haven't purchased tires yet so the junkers are still on it. I worked out a deal with my FIL. He is upping to 25s on his cart and I am getting his 23s for free.

Ended up a huge win for me to save $400 right now. When I do a v-twin swap in the next year or two we will step up to the bigger and better sizes!

Not sure what tires he bought, they are supposed to be here Wednesday so we will see! Hope to get them all swapped Thursday.

V twin is def coming in the future! Keeping an eye out for a vanguard or Honda at least 18hp or more. Would love a 26 HP unit.

@DieselSlug Surplus Center used to carry exactly what you're looking for - but with supply line and manufacturing issues the supply of new/manufacturer surplus light industrial engines has greatly shrank. Their current on-line listing for horizontal shaft engines is sparse to say the least and their current printed catalog isn't any better. Their show room and warehouse is about 5 minutes from my house, I should pop over there and see what they have on hand.

@DieselSlug Surplus Center used to carry exactly what you're looking for - but with supply line and manufacturing issues the supply of new/manufacturer surplus light industrial engines has greatly shrank. Their current on-line listing for horizontal shaft engines is sparse to say the least and their current printed catalog isn't any better. Their show room and warehouse is about 5 minutes from my house, I should pop over there and see what they have on hand.

A while back I was looking at new Honda's/Vanguards but the price was just crazy and just as you mention nothing available (this was last November). We have 3 v-twin engines at the shop in some dilapidated equipment, really trying to score one of those and hopefully just slap a new set of rings with a hone while its out.

Had to put the puny tires back on the carts until the new ones got mounted. Much better, especially for free!

Its tough going from a v-twin cart back to stock with big tires, will see what the future brings for upgrades in the power department. In the short term I need a windshield and fender flares. Also contemplating a rear seat this year instead of next.
20220428_062622.jpg20220430_111359.jpg

Put some CRAZY miles on the cart last weekend. Like nearly 20 down the country backroads, and 4-wheeling in the woods. The governor needs some adjusting as it tops out at 15 MPH (the 89 EZGO Marathon 2-smoke would beat me on the flats!), but I did adjust it on the safe side for break in. Tightened the governor up a bit and am almost to 20 MPH which is sufficient for now on the flats.

I do have some issues starting to pop up:
  • Fuel drain back. (Installed new clamps, will see if the issue is remedied)
  • Rear axle input shaft seal leak (Trying to locate the part number for this, for now just topping it off every weekend.)
  • Screeching belts after riding for a long time (purchased a new drive belt and starter belt today, will replace as they are both whooped.)
  • Vibrations (I have play in the outer primary sheave, just ordered new bushings and seals, not sure if this is it? Play is maybe 1/8'' to 3/16'' wobble).

Taking this Friday off and heading to camp for the long weekend. Plan to work on the cart Friday, I hope everything comes in time.

Scouring FB Marketplace for v-twins. Really struggling to keep anywhere near our 670 DS and we have been doing a lot of road riding. Locally only could find a 16HP Vanguard, compression is low (100psi). Really looking for a 20 plus HP unit but this engine is listed for $125. Stewing on it.....

Back