• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project for the boys and i

I thought you guys were just helping AK Driver along by motivating him to getting some posts on here!

How goes it up in the land of snow and ice?

Did I ever tell you guys about the 38 Studebakers total that my dad had out on our place back when I was in High School. You could say he was a bit of a Studebaker fanatic. . . Kinda rubbed off on me a little. Envious.

... The wife knows after we finish the house that the truck is the next thing on the list.
I really hope your boys jump in and enjoy it with you. I sure enjoyed it with my dad. That's memories they will never forget

You must be young; the wife is NEVER going to be done with the house. We've had Many houses over the decades, from brand new to old fixers, and it's never finished.

You must be young; the wife is NEVER going to be done with the house. We've had Many houses over the decades, from brand new to old fixers, and it's never finished.
We got done with our last house. There was nothing else to do. Notice I said our LAST house? uh huh-
She knew I am into 50s stuff so she tricked me into a 50s house. what a mistake, only good thing is after working in 100 f teoday I can go home and jump in the pool.

So it might be premature ,since we don't even have the body on the frame, but I have a question for you gasser guys. Been trying to decide what to do electrically on this rig. Should I try to use as much of the Tahoe wiring as possible or go simple and do away with alot of it? I guess along with that is the early TBI a good set up? Or should I be looking at something else. I actually thought about carbing it but then I need a way to lock up the TC. Any thoughts are welcome.

Tbi failures of the past are fairly easily fixed nowadays. I would keep the entire harness since it was a running rig, even the dash. Anything comes up in the future its a 198x tahoe. Just the body itself to be the Studebaker.​

I agree with Will. I will add that there are some places that do TBI tuning so you don’t have to keep it stock if you don’t want. I found this place when thinking about another project and I thought they had a lot of good info.

That looks great! Do try to keep front bumper up near grille height above the hooks if at all possible for that amazing approach angle.

The front wheel/ wheel well is perfect. The rear looks good there but could move back a few inches if you want, But adding a gap would be ugly. Only idea I have at this point would be a frame mounted headache (headboard) rack. It being frame mounted would also function as a roll bar and side or rear impact bar protecting the people. Also creates a place for additional lighting. Then a removable rear post assembly for hauling ladders, long lumber, etc. Just an idea mind you- dont think you need to move the bed back- you don’t.

Hows about a rear shot of the frame to bed area? Also, how is the bed floor?

If you can get seat positions in the same adjustment range as gm had them, the airbags could stay and add safety as we know this truck body will not absorb impact as well as the gm body. All the accidents I have seen over the years, and people i know who should have died or had serious injuries if not for airbags - I wish my hummer had them.

did anyone post this yet? https://m.roadkillcustoms.com/roadkill-customs-shop-truck/5/

yes stacks look good on a Studebaker

Last edited:
Back