• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project for the boys and i

I bought the 427 for the short bed 56.
I'm leaning toward making the dodge a rat rod and I think it would look cool with the hood off and the flat head showing itself. But I also think that some really wide tires on the back and being able to burn em off with the 427 would be bad to. Decisions decisions

when I was in HS I drooled over this 54 sitting in someones backyard the bus drove by every day.
So I'm leaning towards a 2 door tahoe, WB is about right still need to check a few things out. I have one spotted on CL with a bad headgasket and 130k on it, they're asking $700

Oh yeah, there you go AK that'll be a good start for you. The full size frame would have a little more strength from the start. Sell some stuff off the donor and you ain't got much money in the frame, if any.

It is a flathead V8 not sure if it's a Ford. Got another sitting near where the truck was parked. Dad used to have an intake manifold for a Ford flathead with 3 dueces on it but someone stole it.

IDK but was told along time ago that my uncle was trying to put that V8 in there. Oh also I discovered my nephew has the manifold with the 3 dueces. The heads were what was stolen.

I thought that might have been a studebaker but wasn't 100% sure.
Are you going use the three deuces

Looks clean - cleaner than trucks here in Michigan. What do they spread on the roads up there? How long have you had snow up there? Good to see you making progress on this again!
I`m not sure but I dont think that they use too much chloride or salt in Alaska, costs too much to ship it there. LOL

They are starting to brine a little. Bt mostly sand mixed with a little salt to keep it from clumping. Have had snow since middle of October.

The mooses sure like the salt, they`ll lick a vehicle clean. LOL
My son sent Me a pic of him and the eldest grandson out on the trap line, they were bundled up real good and there is snow in the pic; Makes Me want to head that direction.

That’s insane to me. Natural wear and tear is bad enough. But maybe I’m just not used to it. 80/62 was the high/low today.
It would be nice if we only had to deal with wear & tear and not degradation from the elements. That's going to be one of my next projects on the Tahoe - rust repair. Rust never sleeps....

Back