• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

Sorry,for some reason i know more about buffalo:rolleyes5:

But OK i got ye,...you could've said "sour gas" like normal people do;)

I take it Wiebo the blower upper does not impress you to much...don't he?:hihi:
To bad he ain't no longer in business,i could've used him here to keep Pen West( oil companie) at bay( they wanna drill 2 ugly holes in my land :WTF:

I was just pokin fun

I can understand him being pissed with the oil companies but he pushed it too far imo.

Tractor tow pic

I hauled this up in the wind and rain yesterday from indiana. I paid $800 for it, he said it has a broken crank.:nonod:

The 6.5 pulled it like it wasnt there. The tractor weighs around 7000, the trailer maybe 2000? I thought the trailer brakes were working but I guess not.

Ive pulled some heavy loads with my dads 1989 3/4ton gmc with a 350/700r4. That makes me really love the 6.5.

DSCI0902.jpg

DSCI0893.jpg

Cool to bring back the older ones!, wonder what stress he put it through to have that happen?

From what I read they had problems with the metellurgy when they casted the cranks and that caused them to break. Im told the new cranks wont break like the old ones. I guess other then that there were solid machines. He had a loader on it and used it for hay work. He gave me a massive factory repair manual for it.

Those were great tractors and still are,much better hydraulic system than the 990.

If the original owner had a loader on it pay particular attention to the power steering arm where it meets the spindle.
On ours at least every 2 years we had to replace the spindle and steering arm due to moving 1000lb round bales around in frozen ruts,the splines bend and then shear off.

Looks like a cool tractor, but I'm going to have to call shenanigans on pulling 'like it wasn't there'. I don't care what you're towing with minus a semi, you're going to feel 9k behind you.

That being said, I wish I had the property to justify a tractor/front loader. Maybe someday...

Those were great tractors and still are,much better hydraulic system than the 990.

If the original owner had a loader on it pay particular attention to the power steering arm where it meets the spindle.
On ours at least every 2 years we had to replace the spindle and steering arm due to moving 1000lb round bales around in frozen ruts,the splines bend and then shear off.

He did give me a mox with new tierod ends, he said he was going to change them before it broke. I did notice the toe is a little off so the front end needs to be checked out.

Looks like a cool tractor, but I'm going to have to call shenanigans on pulling 'like it wasn't there'. I don't care what you're towing with minus a semi, you're going to feel 9k behind you.

That being said, I wish I had the property to justify a tractor/front loader. Maybe someday...

I meant the 6.5 engine, even other then that it pulled great. I was surprised how well it stopped without trailer brakes. I did have one skidding stop though. I did take it slow since it was in a downpour. I dont think I ever got over 55. Depending on what road I was on Id get up to 45 or 55 and flip on the TCC and keep about 1800rpm. I think 55 was about 2k, most of the roads were back roads except us20.

This is the only thing I've had hooked up so far.....my hitch will be bought when i come home next time after Christmas.....
apyzunym.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here was my last big tow from this summer, a John Deere 2010 Diesel with a kelley loader. The tractor was about 2 hours north of me. My GPS always wants to take the highway so when I left the place I picked it up I though I knew my way back to the highway I wanted to take. I missed a turn and ended up right on the beach on a 100 degree day. All the narrow streets were packed with Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches.We get a lot of Chicago people here on the weekends. There was no way I was going to fit down those streets so I seen a big empty parking lot with a exit only sign and a street on the other side heading out of town. Thank God for that parking lot. :D

The 6.5 pulled her good, after winching it on with a come-along for about 4 hours I drove home with the AC maxed and daydreaming about our michigan winters.

DSCI1150.jpg

DSCI1149.jpg

DSCI1148.jpg

Heres how the 2010 looks now, almost done.

DSCI1177.jpg

Nice trucks! . Here is my Forest River 30ft Sierra & Ford F250 Power Stroke (250000 miles and going strong) In our driveway before 2011 trip to Maine

View attachment 36075

This is the only thing I've had hooked up so far.....my hitch will be bought when i come home next time after Christmas.....
apyzunym.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WELCOME to the forum both of you! :welcome2:

Back